Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Finally A Laptop With Hardware Acceleration Works - Page: 2

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
anewsome, try using some older drivers (version behind latest or so) and check the latest December 2005 Direct X 9.0c. You are on short with time, hope you get it right! Damn, 3rd laptop and issues with tv output?? Is there anyone using laptop and ANY card that is working? Good luck anewsome!

Inviato Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 5:38 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
@Anewsome, before trying Alfs suggestion have you tried using the VGA Output? (try it)

Inviato Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 5:45 am
I think the vga would work but I don't have time to get a vga to composite adapter. The matrix switcher at the venue needs composite to connect up to all the plasmas and projectors.

Honestly the tv out did not look that bad, but the audio pops and clicks from using the tcv would be unacceptable. I suppose I could try another ASIO card for TCV instead of maya or just use xp10 but I just need more time I guess, and frankly I need to leave this alone for a few days until the frustration goes away.

So no vdj at the gig tomorrow.

Inviato Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 7:37 am
Sorry to hear... hope all goes well at gig ;)

At least the TCV audio part is being fixed and improved a lot for VDJ4...

Regarding ATI, get mobile Catalyst from ATI .. latest drivers .. etc. Works for me at least.

Best of luck at gig....

http://www.skratchworx.com/messe2006/virtualvinyl/num_vv.mp4
Virtual DJ 4/Numark VV in action with timecode vinyl and video....a sneak preview;)
Rune

Inviato Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 9:07 am
Well I just got home from the gig. I ended up using the Numark dual DVD player. Absoultely impossible to mix on that thing. I played a lot from my laptop (mp3 only) but I had to do some music videos too. Unfortunate that I couldn't use VDJ to get the job done. I've got gigs all weekend but I have two days next week that I can continue to try and get music videos working on this laptop with VDJ. I'll try the catalyst software as someone suggested and any other tweaks that I can figure out.

Also, I tried getting rid of the tcv and going with xp10 only for music videos but I still got clicks and pops in the audio. There is no latency setting or anything with xp10 either. That's why I scrapped it for tonight.

Anyway, all of you So Cal. guys already know the venue. Fox Sports,.. 40 Plasma and projection screens. I took pics for anyone who's not here and interested in seeing what it looks like. The video capabilities are crazy in that place.

Inviato Sat 22 Apr 06 @ 12:16 pm
sure would like to see pics;)

The clicks and pops is an issue that is solved or worked on for VDJ4 / Numark VV.
It works far better now, and hopefully it will work perfect at release.

Would love to see you as an "ambassador" for VirtualDJ video use, since you work at cool clubs in US;)
Crossing finger that VDJ4 will meet all your needs ;)

Inviato Sat 22 Apr 06 @ 2:58 pm
I am involved with a major nightclub here in Houston Texas doing some video mixing using TCV and a massive screen. It is one the longest running nightclubs here in Houston. Rich's Nightclub. I was there last night helping a buddy out with his show. It is a very nice club with two levels and 3 rooms, incredible light show, good reputation in the city. It is mainly a gay club but some of the promotions they do are not just targeting a gay cliental. Plus you as a DJ can get away with playing some the best music in the world in a club like that. So I was talking to my friend who is one of the owners there that he wants to hire me to do some video re-edits to make them club friendly. I have already been editing several video for club play and he was more than impressed. And the owner is talking to me about doing a strickly video mix show there now. Very cool stuff...

btw... I don't use a laptop for that reason... too expensive and tricky to set up for video. I use a small form factor PC. Not too much more to carry than a laptop with even more power and expandability. I have one in the works that is planned to have roughly 2 terabytes of storage and the video card of my choice. Flawless for this sort of scenario. I used to use a laptop but sooned realize the boundries I kept finding with them.

So the comparisons are easily seen.

Laptops = expensive, not easy to upgrade (video, sound, storage), not easy to work on, not as powerful.
Small form factor PC's (cube style) = easy to build to custom specs, can upgrade anything on it, but can be expensive as well... but only if you decide to buy everything for it at once.

Inviato Sat 22 Apr 06 @ 8:54 pm
Totally agree about the sff computers. I use one and it's been problem free, even running from an encrypted internal hard drive, decrypting (is that a word?) on the fly and not missing a beat, although I do sometimes. There's even a special case for the sff computers with pockets for all the leads and the keyboard etc.

Inviato Sun 23 Apr 06 @ 11:20 am
I also don't mess with laptops. I have full use of both arms and legs, and don't understand having to be that portable. My SFF has worked since I put it together (now that's a miracle). I had no idea what I was doing, as this was my first build. It has worked fine for me using FX, and VDJ. I have seen many problems with laptops, so have stayed away. I actually thought I was going to give it a try, because of anewsome's experiments with his latest machine. Now, I will stick to my original plan, when I build my new machine. Which will be in June or July. I may go with a rack mount, and my SFF will be my backup, or use them both at the same time. I take my machine into the club 5 days a week, hook it up, take it down, take it back home, hook it up, and take it down. I have worked hard all my life, so what's the big deal? Anewsome, I feel for you my brother, but keep the faith. The thing is, VDJ does work on laptops, so hopefully it is only a tweak away.

Inviato Mon 24 Apr 06 @ 7:54 am
wow.. that place looks amazing for video mixing;)

hopefully VDJ4 will be all you need:) Would be a great promo for VDJ for sure:)

Inviato Mon 24 Apr 06 @ 11:23 pm
raidsHome userMember since 2006
very cool!

Inviato Mon 24 Apr 06 @ 11:30 pm
In California the holiday on May 5th (Cinco De Mayo) is absolutely HUGE here. We are having one ridiculous party at that venue on Cinco De Mayo. That'll be my next time spinning there since this Friday I have my big show at the House Of Blues. Hopefully I'll work out some kind of solution for mixing videos by then. Hopefully it'll be some kind of solution that does not involve me buying a 4th computer. But I'm not very hopeful.

A bit off topic, but has anyone every thought of a HCL (hardware compatability list)? Or would that just be impossible to pull together?

Inviato Mon 24 Apr 06 @ 11:34 pm
hardware compatability list would be very usefull I think

Some sort of list of good working hardware experiences... not a bad idea:)

Inviato Mon 24 Apr 06 @ 11:42 pm
Anewsome,
very nice venue. I only don't understand that they not installed the Pio dvj's instead of the Numark dvdv player. I tried the Numark once, and just to say: It is not the player I like.
The HCL is a nice idea, but hard to maintain and the list would be very large. If you only see the options for 1 model laptop, this would be very very large if you would note all combinations. Especially if you also include external soundcards in combination with all these models.
dj-in-norway was just volunteering?
Ewout

Inviato Mon 24 Apr 06 @ 11:52 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
wow alot of people are waiting for VDJ 4.0, i wonder what its going to be like

Inviato Tue 25 Apr 06 @ 12:01 am
When this version is released, I think the VDJ web servers will have something to do...
That's the only thing which is certain at this moment for us, for all the other things: we just have to wait and see...
Ewout

Inviato Tue 25 Apr 06 @ 12:07 am
Now you guys have me thinking,.. is video supposed to be better in 4.0? Or is there a chance that 4.0 will work with my current hardware? Hmm. All interesting questions indeed. If I was a VIP member I'd probably have the answer already :-)

Inviato Tue 25 Apr 06 @ 12:23 am
there is a chance ;) yes... for all of that ;) hehe...

Inviato Tue 25 Apr 06 @ 12:41 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
if you have an ati card..try to uninstall the ati catalyst and just leave the drivers for the card , i dont know why but this works with my x1600 it wasnt a problem before these new catalyst by ati

Inviato Tue 25 Apr 06 @ 12:55 am
"very nice venue. I only don't understand that they not installed the Pio dvj's instead of the Numark dvdv player."

just to clarify, they don't have Numark, Pioneer or anything. Only satellite TV. I had to bring in the DVD player for the night. Since I couldn't get VDJ working, I had to use the Numark.

Inviato Tue 25 Apr 06 @ 8:08 pm
50%