Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Finally A Laptop With Hardware Acceleration Works - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Just got my new laptop yesterday and I'm playing music videos with VDJ right this very minute. Although it took 3 tries,.. I finally have a laptop with VDJ hardware acceleration working.

ATI graphics was the key. ATI graphics works. The laptop with Nvidia did not work, I know some of you have reported that it did, but it didn't work for me and was crash prone.

Alright then, have to get all my music videos ready for my show on Friday!

Inviato Wed 19 Apr 06 @ 6:31 pm
Good to hear you are up and runnin Anewsome ;) I got ATI myself, and works great ;)

Inviato Wed 19 Apr 06 @ 6:39 pm
ummm yeah...
great that you have a laptop that works..

sooo...

what was the make and model...

kind of left that part out.

Inviato Wed 19 Apr 06 @ 8:02 pm
Congratulations you got it to work. Good luck, with preparations. Are you using VDJ again for gigs?
Ewout

Inviato Wed 19 Apr 06 @ 8:48 pm
@Superstorm - Are you using VDJ again for gigs?

Well my Friday night gig is 100% music videos all night long. I have an option to use a Numark dual DVD, which works but in my opinion is hard to mix with. Or I can use VDJ for mixing music videos, so tomorrow (a day before my gig), I am giving VDJ a super workout with 5 hours straight video mixing. If it holds up, then I will use it for my friday night gig. Only bad thing is, I don't have any VDJ TCV,.. which really sucks. I prefer the TCV over the TCD.

Inviato Wed 19 Apr 06 @ 8:53 pm
@low-fat-al - what was the make and model

Oh yeah, I didn't think that was important but it's a Dell E1505, Dual Core 2.0Ghz, 120GB sata, 1GB ram, 15inch widescreen, 256MB ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1400 HyperMemory, etc etc.

Inviato Wed 19 Apr 06 @ 8:56 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Keep us posted with how your gig went anewsome. I'm looking to get a laptop which can handle music vids too.

Inviato Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 12:42 am
chabonkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@Anewsome - I've got two TCV that I seldom use and could let you borrow. Since I'm not too far from you, I could mail them out and you'd probably have them the next day. Hit me up if your interested.

Inviato Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 12:49 am
wow... what is this community comming to? :))) so many nice gestures here lately.. hehe...

Hope your gig goes well too, Anewsome... ;) would love to see you back using vdj even more than just videos... ;) maybe VDJ 4.0 will aid some....

Inviato Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 12:57 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Does anyone knows why Nvidia is not working on laptops for VDJ in hardware mode? I don't use video at all, but it would be nice to have some information so Dev team can work on it. Also, there are many users with Nvidia who needs help on this.

Inviato Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 1:31 am
chabonk, i think i'll take you up on your offer. i'm heading up to the laker game tonight so i think you're on the way there. check your private messages. also, i'll buy the tcv from you,.. or order you a new set. they might take WEEKS to get to you though :-)

Inviato Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 1:34 am
Nvidia work fine too on my laptop. I have an Thosiba Satellite P20, P4 3.4ghz, 1gig Ram, 80gig HDD, Nvidia GeForce FX 5700 128mb ram, 17' wide-screen. I use Hercules MP3 DJ Console, but I just bought the new Behringer BDC2000 and I'm suppose to have it this week!!!

Ciao

DJ Paulee!!!

Inviato Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 2:43 am
Some of the NVIDIA laptop graphics chip drivers are well known to have all sort of problems unfortunately :-(

When getting a laptop the ATI X###/Mobility is safe bet, though these power horses can make the laptop slightly more warm than the ones with poor chips (Anything with Express or Extreme in the name usually). Extreme = Extremely bad!

But one should *not* buy a laptop purely based on the graphics chip, that is if you are going to use the laptop display and keyboard a lot!

A rule of thumb is that if it has good keyboard, it usually has bad gfx chip :-) (or is in the $2000+ range)

Inviato Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 10:05 am
I disagree. If you are going to buy a laptop for mixing videos, you absolutely SHOULD buy it specifically for the graphics chip. Trust me on this,.. or you will wind up with a $1500 paperweight like I did. If you don't care about mixing videos, then yeah I agree. Get whatever graphics you like.

You have no idea how frustrating it is to spend $1500 on a laptop specifically purchased for MIXING VIDEOS,.. and not be able to mix videos with it. At that point, it's a paperweight.

Inviato Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 6:12 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
The best video card now for notebook is the ATI X1400. Only a few got the N-Vidia 7800GTX which is the best, but you will find more with 7400Go or 6800Go that aren't a good deal.

The design of the notebook is one thing totally apart of the graphics card used be them.

Anewsome have find a Dual-Core notebook with ATIX1400 graphics card and also handle DDR2 533 and fast HD. IT's a really fast laptop.

Congrats!, very good choice!

Inviato Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 6:35 pm
Doesn't the new macbook pro have a good ATI gfx card? I would love to hear from anyone that has successfuly done a video gig using bootcamp. The geek in me would just LOVE to have a dual-boot mac/pc/vdj machine =)

Inviato Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 12:51 am
Big ups to chabonk for hooking me up with TCV on such short notice. Life saver man. For real. Now let me hook all this stuff up and see if it works!

Inviato Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 4:13 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Nice one anewsome, shame you had to buy a couple of laptops before you got all working, I for one couldn't afford to make such a 'mistake'.

The next laptop I buy will be for video, so the info about the graphics card is appreciated, what file size is your average video? I'd be interested to know how it runs w/timecode on a gig of ram, it might be worth adding another gig to be safe.

Inviato Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 4:18 am
Let the rejoicing stop. I just hooked up everything and accelerated video no longer works when the TV output is enabled on the ATI. Frustrating beyond belief. I've got a gig in less than 24 hours, a brand new laptop (#3) and this still is not working.

When the TV output is disabled, VDJ accelerated video works fine but what good is that?

Going to attempt Neuromixer now and see if that fares any better. If not, then I'll be using clunky DVD players that I can't mix on tomorrow.

Inviato Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 5:18 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Welcome to the wonderful world of ati....

Inviato Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 5:37 am
25%