Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DAC 3 Thread - Page: 3

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hey jpboggis........... man i tried your new dac3 mapper for vdj4.1 and the new features of the different modes are totally awesome.......... It has opened up a totally different style and scope for experimentation.

I realize that persons who load samples may do not hear anything when activated... what i realized that when you close the program and re-open... then the samples are heard.

Only problem i have is with my time stretch 'MT' somehow does not seem to change the master temp back and forth as was normally done

Thanks a million mon.. for the great work u r doing
DAC3 is really becoming favourite to use...........

Nuff respect... all the way in Jamaica West Indies mon

Inviato Sun 22 Oct 06 @ 10:13 pm
hey jpboggis... anyway of changing displaying my logo (watermark on the vidz)

I downloaded a plugin but have no clue what to do from there

Inviato Sun 22 Oct 06 @ 10:15 pm
dreadlox wrote :
Hey jpboggis........... man i tried your new dac3 mapper for vdj4.1 and the new features of the different modes are totally awesome.......... It has opened up a totally different style and scope for experimentation.

I realize that persons who load samples may do not hear anything when activated... what i realized that when you close the program and re-open... then the samples are heard.

Can you tell me more about you not hearing samples. I've been having an issue where when i load samples as I'm performing, they don't play, but my others that were pre loaded work fine.

Inviato Mon 23 Oct 06 @ 2:12 pm
Thanks for your comments.

dreadlox wrote :

What position is volume slider for the sample in at the time? What happens if you move the volume slider (Either using DAC-3 jogwheel or mouse)?

dreadlox wrote :
Only problem i have is with my time stretch 'MT' somehow does not seem to change the master temp back and forth as was normally done

MT activates keylock in VDJ, which keeps the same pitch as when it was activated, preventing a sudden jump in pitch when it's activated if pitch isn't at 0%. Similarly, when deactivated, the safe pitch feature will be used to stop a sudden jump in pitch when you move the pitch slider (The slider must be moved to the correct position as indicated by the display.

dreadlox wrote :
hey jpboggis... anyway of changing displaying my logo (watermark on the vidz)

I downloaded a plugin but have no clue what to do from there

You need to use a video plugin to do that (DJCel made one that does this.) Have a look in Download -> Plugins -> Video Effects. I'm not sure how it works because I've not used it myself.

Inviato Mon 23 Oct 06 @ 4:06 pm
WOOOOOWW. Thank you jpboggis. I finally gave a chance to your mapper and I have to say it's THE BEST. I was so narrow minded when I've ignored your mapper and I've insisted to customize every button on dac3. I was WRONG. My english is not very good and I can't find the words to say what happy I am now. So, once again, you are the best and thank you for your work. Thank you thank you yhank you.....:)

Inviato Wed 25 Oct 06 @ 7:49 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
JPBoggis wrote :

If Boggis is not shown in the display at startup, the mapper hasn't loaded and you are using the built-in VDJ mappings. The default mappings are quite basic and the jogwheel always scratches, which is why you can't pitchbend using it.

You can check whether you have Microsoft .NET framework installed by looking in Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs - It will be listed in the installed programs list.

I'm currently working on an update to the mapper that should exclude the components that need .NET (Mainly the unfinished mapper user interface) - I.e: So the mapper will work without needing .NET installed.

Does the new version of the DAC 3 mapper (1.4) need the .net framework to run?

Cheers

P

Inviato Thu 14 Dec 06 @ 10:52 am
Mapper v1.4 should not need the .NET framework.

Inviato Thu 14 Dec 06 @ 4:05 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hey boggis.

I have read through the manual and settings adjustments but I cant find something (or i missed it)

I want to change the "match" button to simply copy the bpm from the other deck without making it automatically playing in sync. I like to do this so I can quickly cue a song on my headphones without fidgeting with the pitch slider (i often end up sliding it a little too far without notice). Is it possible to edit this function?

Help appreciated :)

Inviato Mon 18 Dec 06 @ 5:02 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Isn't it just a case of holding down 'CP', 'Shift' and 'Match'? I'm pretty sure you can fine tune your pitch using the 'CP' button along with the '+' and '-' buttons.

Couple of things I've noticed...and don't know how to sort:

1/ When I press the number 2 on my DAC 3 (to go to cue point 2) the track starts playing automatically. Can't it just go to the actual cue point and wait there?

2/ The pitch seems to 'lock' itself in one position after beatmatching a track before playing it. When you play it and try to reset it with the pitch slider, it doesn't move. I think the only way you can move it is by holding down the 'CP' button and moving it that way? Unsure.

3/ My effects buttons don't seem to work...although this is probably just the fact that i haven't used them too much and am a bit cautious about doing it live incase anything goes wrong. Without having my gear in front of me I can't even really describe what I'm talking about so I'll post that later.

Apart from that, all else seems cool.

Cheers again Boggis...for a great piece of work...(",)

P

Inviato Mon 18 Dec 06 @ 5:34 pm
Ah yeah just saw the cp + pitch slider thing.

Yeah, my effects also dont work. they based on the old effect #1,2,3 thing from vdj 3.4

The effect engine in v4 works different and needs an update.

Would also like to select cue points without actually playing the song automatically

Inviato Mon 18 Dec 06 @ 5:47 pm
niems wrote :
I have read through the manual and settings adjustments but I cant find something (or i missed it)

I want to change the "match" button to simply copy the bpm from the other deck without making it automatically playing in sync. I like to do this so I can quickly cue a song on my headphones without fidgeting with the pitch slider (i often end up sliding it a little too far without notice). Is it possible to edit this function?

This is not possible in the 1.4 mapper - An option will be added to the next version to allow you to toggle the auto playback start on/off.

For the time being, simply press MATCH and then CUE. Alternatively, enable the auto BPM option in VDJ's config, which will do this for you automatically.

Inviato Mon 18 Dec 06 @ 7:04 pm
Pionara wrote :
Isn't it just a case of holding down 'CP', 'Shift' and 'Match'?

That toggles beatlock on/off permanently on the deck.

Pionara wrote :
1/ When I press the number 2 on my DAC 3 (to go to cue point 2) the track starts playing automatically. Can't it just go to the actual cue point and wait there?

By default, mapper 1.4 uses the hotcue feature of VDJ 4.x for the cue buttons 1-4. You can change this to old goto cue behaviour via user parameters (Search for Hotcue for buttons in the DAC3Mapper.txt manual.)

Pionara wrote :
2/ The pitch seems to 'lock' itself in one position after beatmatching a track before playing it. When you play it and try to reset it with the pitch slider, it doesn't move. I think the only way you can move it is by holding down the 'CP' button and moving it that way? Unsure.

This is the safe pitch feature (See the section on this in DAC3Mapper for full details.)

If you change the pitch in VDJ without moving the physical pitch slider (E.g: Match BPM, move software slider, etc.), safe pitch allows you to move the physical slider to the correct position without a sudden audible jump in pitch. Simply move the slider to the correct position and it will 'pick up' the software slider.

When the software and physical pitch do not match, the LCD display will flash a warning to indicate this in the pitch %/BPM digits, along with the adjustment you need to make to move it to the correct position (E.g: +0012 means you need to increase pitch by 12 steps (Move the slider down slowly until this value returns to 0 or the warning stops flashing.)

You can optionally turn safe pitch off via user parameters.

Pionara wrote :
3/ My effects buttons don't seem to work...although this is probably just the fact that i haven't used them too much and am a bit cautious about doing it live incase anything goes wrong. Without having my gear in front of me I can't even really describe what I'm talking about so I'll post that later.

The 1.4 mapper has seperate modes for FX, video and samples. The FX, APPLY and AUTO buttons are used to enter each of these modes. See the DAC3Mapper manual for full details of these modes and how they work.

Each mode changes the function of the 1-10 buttons, IN/OUT/RELOOP, R and the jogwheel to allow easier and more direct access to triggering effects, video effects/transitions without complicated button combinations.

If you are switching the DAC-3 into FX mode and you still cannot get the effects to work, the mapper may be picking up the wrong version of VDJ (E.g: If you have VDJ 3.4 and 4.1 installed on the same PC.) If this is the case, you will need to manually set the version of VDJ via user parameters (Parameter 00) Try setting this to 4.1 and then restart VDJ.

NOTE: If you manually set the version of VDJ, don't forget to update it in future when new versions of VDJ are released (E.g: 4.2)

Inviato Mon 18 Dec 06 @ 7:17 pm
Haha turns out i was reading the manual for 1.2 lol :/

Thanks for all the help boggis :)

Inviato Tue 19 Dec 06 @ 11:58 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)