Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DAC 3 Thread - Page: 2

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Jonathan,

I wont be installing this until Friday as thats my next gig. I have VDJ 3.4 AND 4.0 installed on the same machine but both in different directories. Anything I should watch out for?

I'll let you know how it goes.

Inviato Wed 04 Oct 06 @ 9:08 pm
The mapper uses will pick up the VDJ version and program files folder (Where it saves its settings) from the Windows registry.

I expect you installed v4.0 after 3.4, so it will pick up v4.0 and its program files folder by default. If you want to use it with v3.4, you would need to manually set the version using user parameters (E.g: Set parameter 0 to 3.4 or 4.0 appropriately)

If you have more than one version of VDJ installed, it's important to set the correct version or the mapper may not function correctly (It will use incompatible commands.)

Also, make sure you have the Microsoft .NET framework installed or the mapper will not load.

Inviato Thu 05 Oct 06 @ 12:49 am
Got all the Net framework in and all the directx is fully up to date on the gig machine. Downloading the mapper, there's a couple of text files, a dll and an image file. Not an exe file as some of the above suggests. So I'm just planning on putting the .dll in the parent folder where vdj 4 is, but what do i do with the image file "DAC3Mapper.jpg".

Cheers

Inviato Thu 05 Oct 06 @ 2:13 am
You need to copy dac3mapper.dll into your VDJ program files folder. In the previous version, VDJ staff wrapped it in an .exe installer to automatically install it.

You can ignore the jpg file - It's simply the image used on the plugin download page.

Inviato Thu 05 Oct 06 @ 3:57 pm
@ Jonathan

Just to let you know, copied the .dll into the parent folder of my VDJ 4 install. Fired her up, got the 609915, VDJ finished starting up and bang, it crashed!

Only joking mate, it works fine and dandy! :o)

Inviato Fri 06 Oct 06 @ 2:57 am
:)

Inviato Fri 06 Oct 06 @ 12:04 pm
Gotcha!

Inviato Fri 06 Oct 06 @ 12:12 pm
I have windows xp home editon,SP2 and .net framework 1.1 installed on my laptop,load the dac3 mapper in my virtualdj 4.0 folder, and it still dont work.Can u give me some advise on what to do next Jpboggis.Thank you

Inviato Fri 06 Oct 06 @ 2:39 pm
Try installing Microsoft .NET framework 2.0

Inviato Fri 06 Oct 06 @ 3:55 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi again guys.

Ok, I downloaded .net framework 2.0 to my home machine and booted up vdj with the dac 3 from there. All seemed fine. Even Boggis appeared...(",)

I put a track up there and started playing and then tried to change modes on the dac 3 using the FX/Apply/etc buttons...and bang...big crash.

First of all the program stopped responding. Waveform was still going, but gain inidicators on the screen weren't moving and the vinyls weren't moving either on screen. Tried stopping with DAC 3 - nothing. Tried stopping with keyboard/mouse - nothing. Tried closing down system - nothing. Then Ctrl/Alt/Delete into task manager and clicked 'End Now' - nothing. Then about 30 seconds later the music froze on a note and just droned the same note for about a minute - and still didn't shut down. (Calls for drastic measures now!!!) So I held in the power button of my machine and lo and behold, after about a minute and lots of coughing and spluttering, I managed to power down the machine. Phew!!!

Needless to say i've uninstalled .net framework 2.0 and gone back to 1.1 on my home machine and something tells me i won't be installing it on my gig machine...(",)

For the time being and until Mr. Boggis kindly completes his mapper that doesn't require .net framework, I'm happy to stay with version 1.2.

Just thought I'd update incase anyone else was having the same problems.

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...(",)

P

Inviato Fri 06 Oct 06 @ 4:38 pm
An updated version of the mapper will be released very soon. I've tested on a machine without .NET installed and it works OK.

I've not had any trouble with stability with .NET 2.0 (Even when running pre-release beta versions of the mapper) - Did you restart your PC after installing it?

Inviato Fri 06 Oct 06 @ 8:19 pm
**********POSSIBLE BUG***********

This certainly didn't happen before installing the new mapper and it's a really strange one. Last night I gigged for the first time with the new mapper installed, all my audio effects were rendered useless. In the main skin area, (default V4 video skin) in the middle where there are the two selectors, one for "transition" and one for "effect". In the transition one it kept cycling on it's own through 'default', 'cube' 'doublewindow' etc etc. If I clicked for the "effects" browser and selected "sound effects", it wouldn't let me select an effect as it was just jumping about between effects on it's own!

Please tell me there's a quick fix for this as i'm on again tonight!

Inviato Sat 07 Oct 06 @ 11:34 am
It sounds like random video transition (Transition 0) is on, which will randomly change the video transition once every few seconds to give a variety automatically.

To fix, press APPLY to go into video mode, then press >> to select a transition greater than 0 - The number is shown before the . in the pitch % digits, e.g: 000.1 means transition 0 is selected, and 003.1 means transition 3 is selected (The number after the . is the current video FX slot.)

I will look into changing the way that the random video transtition works - It would probably be better for it to change once after a video crossfade has been performed rather than continuously.

Inviato Sat 07 Oct 06 @ 7:54 pm
Thanks JPBoggis. Installed the Net framework 2.0 and your name came up. I assume it will be OK now. Will Try tonight and report back if any problems.

Andy

Inviato Sat 07 Oct 06 @ 7:54 pm
jpboggis wrote :
It sounds like random video transition (Transition 0) is on, which will randomly change the video transition once every few seconds to give a variety automatically.

To fix, press APPLY to go into video mode, then press >> to select a transition greater than 0 - The number is shown before the . in the pitch % digits, e.g: 000.1 means transition 0 is selected, and 003.1 means transition 3 is selected (The number after the . is the current video FX slot.)

I will look into changing the way that the random video transtition works - It would probably be better for it to change once after a video crossfade has been performed rather than continuously.

Cheers, I'll take a look when I can, poss next Friday now, BUT, would that also cause it to do it in the sound effects section as well? If I selected "effects/sound effects" they started jumping about as well!

I'll let you know what happens when i take a look at the random transition thing.

Inviato Sun 08 Oct 06 @ 5:35 pm
There isn't a random option for sound effects - Only video effects and transitions (If set to 0 in both cases.) It was probably jumping back to the video transitions menu each time the transition changed (That's why the random option needs updating.)

Inviato Sun 08 Oct 06 @ 8:19 pm
When I check it out I'll let you know my findings Jonathan. Cheers for the info. Is there any reason why this random option would have set itself 'on' by default?

Inviato Sun 08 Oct 06 @ 9:46 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hallo peeps...(",)

Is it possible to shutdown the software using a button(s) on the DAC 3? I was gigging last night and was using the DAC 3 to scroll through my record case...when all of a sudden Virtual DJ shut down quite the thing. No warning, no sticking, nothing. It just closed down while I was scrolling.

Maybe I was using a combination of buttons - i don't quite remember - that the DAC 3 or indeed VDJ didn't like, but my software just closed down.

Any ideas?

Also...i'm still having some trouble when loading tracks. My waveform on the current playing track still skips and jumps all over the place. It seems to be with tracks that aren't mp3's...which I find a bit weird...but any assistance you folks could offer would be much appreciated.

If I had a video camera I'd get a show of it, but unfortunately I don't. I'll try and get something onto my videophone and post it soon.

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...(",)

P

Inviato Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 2:39 am
Quote :

Is it possible to shutdown the software using a button(s) on the DAC 3?

There's no function in the DAC-3 mapper to close VDJ (I don't think there's even an action/shortcut in VDJ to allow you to do this.)

If it just closed without showing 'Saving database...', I expect VDJ may have crashed. I've not had any problems and I've mainly been using and testing beta versions of both VDJ and the mapper.

Quote :

Also...i'm still having some trouble when loading tracks. My waveform on the current playing track still skips and jumps all over the place. It seems to be with tracks that aren't mp3's...which I find a bit weird...but any assistance you folks could offer would be much appreciated.

I read a post from a DJ console user who had a similar problem with loading certain types of files. Loading a video will obviously require a lot more processing than loading an MP3. Loading a WAV file should require the least processing. Screen updates in VDJ are given lower priority than audio (For obvious reasons - I'm sure you'd much rather have the display freezing for a few seconds rather than the sound cutting out!)

The DAC-3 mapper should have no impact on performance - It's only doing relatively simple stuff as far as the CPU is concerned - Sending actions to VDJ depending on what buttons are pressed and updating the LCD displays and LED's.

You could try adjusting your performance settings in VDJ - Advanced master tempo in particular requires a very high-end PC (It strains my dekstop gaming PC and is more-or-less unusable on my laptop.)

NOTE: An updated mapper for VDJ 4.1 will be available shortly that works with the new plugin interface.

Inviato Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 7:03 pm
TopHouse wrote :
Is there any reason why this random option would have set itself 'on' by default?

This is a bug in the mapper - It's fixed in the new updated version for VDJ 4.1 (Due to be released shortly.)

Inviato Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 2:56 am
75%