Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: All this chatter about the Numark NS7....Who has one? - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Everyone talked about it (including me).

WHO HAS IT.

How do you like it?

Come on...Spill it.

Inviato Wed 25 Mar 09 @ 12:48 pm
n i was about to wwrite a similar thread....

i havent been able to find any reviews yet

Inviato Wed 25 Mar 09 @ 3:24 pm
There's a few new vids out on you tube but much like the others. What really sucks is it doesn't support 64 bit Vista. Would have to downgrade to be able to run it.

Inviato Wed 25 Mar 09 @ 3:31 pm
At that price you's either have to be very rich or very stupid :)

Inviato Wed 25 Mar 09 @ 4:48 pm
Anyone buying the NS7 is smart. Your getting 2 cdjs with a mixer that has midi plus the audio interface bulit in like the Serato TTM Sl 57 and the software. Add up all that together to see how much it will be separate. Easily 3 gran. If you cant afford to spend money on something good , I don't know what to tell you...

Inviato Wed 25 Mar 09 @ 5:45 pm
Caliente123 wrote :
Anyone buying the NS7 is smart. Your getting 2 cdjs with a mixer that has midi plus the audio interface bulit in like the Serato TTM Sl 57 and the software. Add up all that together to see how much it will be separate. Easily 3 gran. If you cant afford to spend money on something good , I don't know what to tell you...

Must be a different NS7 to the one i've seen - no CDJ there!!! :)

Inviato Wed 25 Mar 09 @ 5:56 pm
what i mean is, you are getting 2 players that can scratch plus a mixer and the interface and midi.

Inviato Wed 25 Mar 09 @ 6:07 pm
In my honest opinion you are getting a midi controller and a soundcard.

I am not knocking the product - however i am knocking the price. For what it is its a lot of money.
If it did include CDJ's it would be a different story. There arent even inputs to be able to plug them in and use the ns7 as a mixer.

I won't be buying this ;)

Inviato Wed 25 Mar 09 @ 6:18 pm
Caliente123 wrote :

And if any one part fails your down for good until you get it fixxed. At least with 2 cdj's or 2 turntables if one goes the other is still usable! Also the mixer has no input or fader for any external devices (say a real cdj) and no input for a microphone. It will NOT play cd's so it really isn't a true mixer or CDJ. It is a very glorified midi controller and you will still need to carry a CDJ (and a mixer to plug your CDJ and microphone into) with you in case it (or your computer) should go down.

They had it at Guitar Center in the back room on Monday (Numark would not allow them to put it on the Showroon floor until Tuesday). I played a little and it does have a nice feel and it is impressive looking to your average customer, but coming from a guy that uses only a mouse it is just WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy too expensive and way too big and bulky to lug around. Again if you have separate components you can break them down into different cases for transport.

Inviato Thu 26 Mar 09 @ 5:38 am
I just bought one last night.

I played around with it for about an hour and I am very impressed.

I currently own a Rane 57SL and 2 Denon 5500 CD players hence I am very use to the Serato software.

This unit comes with Itch which has an instant mapping to the NS7. Itch is almost identical to Serato Scrach Live (SSL) but it has a different layout. No video support with Itch but I suspect it will eventually have that option. I prefer the SSL layout. I like seeing the wave form in the center so that I can see the beat match to my left and right. The NS7 does have an auto beat match system that I am still learning.

It does have the capabilities for a mic and an auxiliary input such as a CD player.

The reason why I bough is as follows:

1. I'm getting old and need something light weight compared to my 2 Denon 5500’s and Rane 57SL setup.
2. It fits in my BMW M3 very easily.
3. I will be able to map Virtual DJ to the mixer and run videos.
4. The layout is awesome. Cue points are on the mixer as well as loop buttons.
5. It searches your data base super easy and loads them with one button. it actually pulled up my SSL database thus I did not have to create new creates.
6. It sounds good.
7. My Denon 5500's have been acting weird after the new firmware update. I will be selling them soon.
8. Price wise it’s a good deal. A 57SL cost 1200.00, Two Denon 5500's cost 1400.00 Hence you are looking at 2600 compared to 1300.
9. It will be super easy to setup. Plug in my laptop and speakers and I am done. Decreases setup time I am a mobile DJ.
10. Very nice looking hardware. So far is very response to the spinning platter.
11. This will be used for my second DJ who I am training when I am double booked. It’s very easy to setup thus I will not be worried that he has setup problems.
12. I really like the size of this unit. It looks very professional. I do a lot of corporate gigs and thus presentation is a factor in my opinion.

I have never used Virtual Dj thus will be installing it soon.

I will post my opinions of how the software reacts with the NS7.

Inviato Thu 26 Mar 09 @ 11:33 am
@ Idj sounds.. Look at each piece of the NS7 from left to right. Does each pieces have allen screws where the covers can be removed seperate for maintanance ?

I'm my opinion, i think its gonna be a hot seller due to the price being good. You can't compare this to a total control or a hercules RMX. Here you are getting something good and you are getting exactly what you need.. The main thing about this setup is that it works flawless... no configuration. The size is great. You can dj comfortable with space and the weight is good too. NS7 with the case is about 50 pounds. If you can't lift up 50 pounds.... You better hit the gym......

Inviato Thu 26 Mar 09 @ 4:08 pm
This is a very nice solid platform, the only drawback is having your eggs all in one basket for that price. I have always abhored modular setups, this gives me the option of removing/adding stuff if they start to fuck around however the Ns7 will not give the user the opportunity to do same, as everything comes under one umbrella. So if you are at a gig and the unit starts to act querky, better have a contingency in place like my MK2 :(
I'd love fo Numark to answer the Vestax 300, then we will be in business when looking at the economies of scale. :)

Inviato Thu 26 Mar 09 @ 5:44 pm

Inviato Thu 26 Mar 09 @ 11:13 pm
yourtPRO InfinityMember since 2003
backup plan.... good idea. ;-))

As for what you get for the price and controlling CDJ's... I'm getting into the Denon DN-HC4500 MIDI/USB hardware controller and a Denon BU-4500 CD... out here for sale for 479 + 389 €. The NS7 goes for 1350 €. Leaves me 482 € for a Denon midi enabled mixer like a DN-X500/X900 => crossfaders can be used for softwareplayers. The DN-X500 goes for 449 €. Leaves me 33 € and I have separate hardware units. As for software players by Numark: I have the Idj2 and it was expensive too... so my hopes were high. It doesn't even get a decent playback from high quality VBR's... So recoding is required to get it going (or not using VBR's at all). Unless they have a firmware update by now. Should look into that. Support is good at Numark, I have to give them that.

Inviato Fri 27 Mar 09 @ 6:45 am
sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I would prefer surely the XONE 3D or XONE 4D A&H. They haven't rotating disks, but they have a lot of sliders and knobs which you can map as you wish!!

Inviato Fri 27 Mar 09 @ 7:39 am
there really isnt much of a buzz over on serato's forum about it either. I think the most disappointing part is that it can not currently sucessfully map it's platters to any othe r software but itch and i thought i paid a lot for the vci-300 to control itch :)

Inviato Fri 27 Mar 09 @ 9:57 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Well since were talking about opinion here I will say this

Most if not all hardware software marriages end in divorce. Hardware makers take note limiting your hardware to only one software choice is setting up said hardware for failure and rejection by the end user. This business model has been proven to fail in the past and will continue to fail in the future.

Inviato Fri 27 Mar 09 @ 10:07 am
Are you saying that maybe in the future will be VDJ the software (or another one) enclosed with NS7 ?

Why should Serato lose this chance to sell its licences with this hardware (maybe they will try to fix its problems with this hardware in case there will be)?

Inviato Fri 27 Mar 09 @ 10:18 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
sischo wrote :
Are you saying that maybe in the future will be VDJ the software program enclosed with NS7 ?

Why should Serato lose this chance to sell its licences with this hardware (maybe they will try to fix its problems with this hardware in case there will be)?

I didn't say that at all what i said is basically to have a successful controller its essential to open the hardware up for use on many different softwares. I think maybe we should remind so manufactures what happens when a controller is locked down or said to be locked down. Also remember itch was already rejected by Serto's core user base. So again I ask the question why would a hardware manufacture lock down hardware to a software that has already been rejected by a softwares main user base? Also why is it that people in this situation are coming here writing letters and asking for support to controllers such as the vci-300?

Inviato Fri 27 Mar 09 @ 10:24 am
Maybe hardware manufacture locks down its hardware for avoiding to spread how it works and hence preventing any kind of illegal copy of its hardware.
Why do they lock down its hardware with a software house?
I don't know, I think it depends on company's strategy.

Now I have in mind a question:
if Atomix doesn't know how a hardware works because it's locked down, can Atomix implement a native mapper or not?

And still:
Numark started a long partnership with Atomix by reason of CUE/Virtual Vinyl.
What does Serato have to do with Numark?

Inviato Fri 27 Mar 09 @ 10:53 am
23%