Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: is anyone playing this?... at all?...

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Nickelback's "Something In Your Mouth"

manager is just utterly convinced that its gonna be the new "crazy bitch" that it "would mix right in with it"

crazy bitch 98bpm - something in your mouth 130bpm - sure buddy. whatever you say. and if its a great song how come no one has asked for it. its been out since november...

after asking around the area for the last 2 weeks i cant find anyone around here playing it, and was curious if anyone was playing it out there.

Inviato Sat 11 Apr 09 @ 5:46 pm
grugPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I get the occasional Nickelback request. I hadnt heard that one before now but I think it would work well with some rock remixes or even some dance songs if looped in at the right spot. I think I will try it in a couple of weeks at a football club and a country show if I get the right feel for it. I agree you would need to slip it in to some faster paced songs.

Sometimes it can take awhile for the songs to get radio time also. I had "Please dont stop the music" by Rihanna on her "good girl gone bad" album for about 5 months before the song finally got some radio time and requests. Found out later the radio stations werent allowed to play it much (or at all) until it had been released as a single! Tried playing it a few times when I first got the albumn, no good result. After it made #1 its still a regular request. Lemmings! :)

Inviato Sun 12 Apr 09 @ 6:59 am
ya know i could see it being played at a club that plays hard rock when the customers want it - sports bars, hard rock clubs, strip bars and the like. but last night when he had us play it, we went from a bunch of people dancing to 15 people, most of them guys, and everyone else walking off the dance floor. and it only got worse from there for the rest of the song. 3 minutes and some seconds of people saying "WTF?" and looking at me like it was my fault. i lost track of how many complaints there were about the song during the rest of the evening, and had to keep telling the customers "please see the manager"

i actually like it when customers complain - lets me know that they don't really want to leave and would rather spend their money here. it was the ones that didnt complain that hurt. they just plain left.

and i'm not even sure a remix would help it, but i'll see what i can find or do with it.

Inviato Sun 12 Apr 09 @ 9:24 am
I play it once in a while. Depends on the set-up of it.

Another nice one to check out is:

Buck Cherry - Too Drunk (to F**K)

Inviato Sun 12 Apr 09 @ 11:03 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)