Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Add "KEY" and "BPM".......... - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

After I analyze a track the "KEY" and "BPM" automaticly are wrote back to the ID3 tag (if even possible) so I dont have to go back and do it manually each and every time for every new track...................

Any thoughts, please share, good or bad, agree or dissagree.......
Huey

Inviato Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 11:37 pm
Possibly a good idea..........anyone??

Huey

Inviato Tue 21 Dec 10 @ 8:14 am
I agree the BPM should be written to the tag so you don't need to recan if the database needs rebuilt.

There are other VDJ specific items too, key, gain, cover etc.

Keith

Inviato Tue 21 Dec 10 @ 9:08 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Maybe a sort by date highlight all and Apply All to globally update Tags would be priceless...

Joey...

Inviato Tue 21 Dec 10 @ 10:11 am
JoeyKJ wrote :
Maybe a sort by date highlight all and Apply All to globally update Tags would be priceless...

Joey...

+100 on that!! Im sure it could take a minute or 2 to update depending on how many your doing but like you said that would be priceless!!!

Great thinking fellas!!
Huey

Inviato Tue 21 Dec 10 @ 10:26 am
I would like to see this feature too where VDJ has the option to update the key & BPM info in the id3 tag once the track has been analyzed. This should be an option you can enable/disable or choose by right clicking on a single or group of tracks (batch mode).

Bonus: Ability to pre-prend the Camelot keycode in a user selectable field in the id3 tag like Key or Comments.

Inviato Wed 22 Dec 10 @ 7:53 pm
smlxlHome userMember since 2010
+1 on the (manual) ability to save BPM back into the ID3 tag. VDJ has the most accurate scanning i've found for the mac... this would be great.

Inviato Sun 26 Dec 10 @ 5:25 am
+1

Inviato Wed 29 Dec 10 @ 5:06 am
How about adding a checkbox to the File Info dialog that writes back all details but only when ticked. When you Apply or Ok you get a popup stating "This might take a while" with an option to back out.

That way if you mistakenly do it at a gig you get the option to revert rather thantie VDJ up when you should be working ;-)

Roy

Inviato Thu 30 Dec 10 @ 12:35 pm
Or we could just add that tick box to the browser options tab. You know where you can pick which folders show up in you browser. Its the place where you tell VDJ to read the ID3 tag.

Keep coming with thoughts and opinions fellas
Huey

Inviato Tue 04 Jan 11 @ 6:45 am
Agreed, but as long as you get the warning dialog when you attempt to do so, just in case you do this on a a large batch when playing live...

Roy

Inviato Thu 06 Jan 11 @ 6:33 pm
+1 For Sure!

Doesn't even have to be an automatic thing. As long as I can highlight multiple songs and write tags to them as batch initiated by me that would be perfectly fine in my book!

Inviato Sat 08 Jan 11 @ 9:36 am
Absolutely, totally, 100% agree =P It's so annoying that you have to rescan your whole library every now and then, after a format, or a new laptop, etc.

Inviato Tue 11 Jan 11 @ 8:19 am
Hey guy and gals! I think I sort of have a workaround for this problem, at least until we can get the feature added to VDJ. Here is my idea, but I am hoping that some of the VDJ scripters, who are probably better at programming than I am, lurking here may be able to help me pull it off. Here is my idea.

Right now you can highlight a directory full of files in the VDJ browser and then right click to have it scan bpm and key. Then when it is done you can right click on the highlighted files and click file info and then in the file info window you can click to write the bpm tag and then click to write the key tag and then click next and do the same thing for the next file. What if we were to automate all that clicking with a macro that can be run with a hotkey combo? That would allow you to batch write the tags right from inside VDJ! I have been trying to get it to work with either Auto Hot Key or Autoit. They are both freeware capable of creating a macro which can be compiled to an executable which you can run and then when you get to the file info window in VDJ you hit a certain key combo like CTRL + T (as in TAG) and then it would click, click, click over an over again until all the the tags were written. I have been messing with it all day and I cannot seem to get the syntax right. Maybe someone out there would be better at getting it to work.

Hopefully this will at least give us a temporary workaround as I don't really want to use another program to scan and tag as I think VDJ's scanning engine is possibly the best out there.

Thanks for listening,

John

Inviato Wed 12 Jan 11 @ 10:58 pm
NOW you may be on to something there!!!

Keep the ideas and support comin fellas
Huey

Inviato Wed 12 Jan 11 @ 11:37 pm
Please check the plug-in developer forum... Some of you might be interested ;)

Inviato Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 1:25 am
Hey Phantom did someone delete that thread in the plugin forum? I posted to it this morning and now it is gone! What's up with that?

Thanks,

JOhn

Forget it..... Now I went to look and it's back! ......That was weird!

Inviato Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 9:21 am
Also this, we need more support............come on fellas show some love. This is a much needed feature.

Let's make a change
Huey

Inviato Thu 17 Mar 11 @ 11:19 am
love + 1 LOL

Inviato Tue 22 Mar 11 @ 10:56 am
Save the BPM on MP3 tag in batch mode is a good feature.

Inviato Thu 02 Jun 11 @ 6:25 pm
42%