Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Video related wishes and new features - Page: 6

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

I'm really surprised there hasn't been any talks between Virtual DJ and Sound Spectrum about their Gforce HD Software. This is currently the best visualization software on the market and i use it along with Virtual DJ , but i have to use an HDMI switcher to switch over to it when i'm not playing videos. Incorporating it in the same way we use Sonique or Clip Bank would be AMAZING. I would love to see this in the very near future, i'm sure this would be simple to build compatibility for :)

Inviato Wed 12 Dec 12 @ 1:23 am
I believe you can use gforce with VDJ. I think you just add the gforce files to the Sonique folder and they'll play. I use the older Gforce files and they play just fine. I'll check it out when I get home tonight.

Inviato Wed 12 Dec 12 @ 8:04 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Older versions work fine - around v2.8 IIRC. I do seem to remember that it's not licensed for public performance although that may be a purchasable option.

I did attempt to contact them in the past but got no response.

Inviato Wed 12 Dec 12 @ 8:46 am
I just sent them a message inquiring about how to get a license to be allowed to use gforce commercially, i'll let you know if they respond and what they say

Inviato Wed 12 Dec 12 @ 2:45 pm
I'd even pay for a pack that I can just drop right into VDJ lime the Sonique files...... I'll shoot them an email as Well.

Inviato Wed 12 Dec 12 @ 3:42 pm
So far i haven't gotten a response, if anyone does, let me know what they say

Inviato Thu 13 Dec 12 @ 2:57 pm
Hmmm....although it's clear enough on their website that you need G-Force Professional for commercial use, there don't seem to be any prices mentioned anywhere.

I did find a statement on a Myspace page though, from Rick Eberle, saying to contact him for details.

They provide one-time use licenses, multi use (for X number of shows), monthly or yearly.

Quote :
Rick Eberle
212-344-4400 office
516-729-6872 cell
rick@soundspectrum.com

There was also a statement on their forum (in November) that their offices were severely affected by Sandy...

Inviato Fri 14 Dec 12 @ 8:42 am
Ok, something that I would like to see returned or improved. I do alot of gigs, sometimes they requested to sing karaoke. You had a plugin not real good when I purchased VDJ, but it worked. I have noticed on the upgrades, some of my karaoke songs shows error and want load. My home old VDJ unit loads them perfect off the same drive. A simple singer list and song request.

Inviato Sat 05 Jan 13 @ 8:40 pm
Unzip them. Singer list still exists but is PC only.

Inviato Sun 06 Jan 13 @ 4:50 am
prasanfPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Please put in a function in config menu to detect new video output. Right now the video has to be connected at the time of starting the program or else it is not detected. Also if the video driver crashes during a gig, there is no way to recover it unless VDJ is restarted. So would be good if there was a way to recover without having the restart the program (so music also does not have to stop!).

Inviato Mon 14 Jan 13 @ 4:20 pm
craighPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I have two requests.

Firstly;
The ability to send the Video Output Window to another PC over a network.
I have a PC with two screens and a Dual Head Graphics card. I would like to use a laptop as a Media Server for a Projector without tying up an output on my main PC.
If VDJ can output Video to RTSP or similar I could use VLC to display it on the Media Server. This could also provide multiple outputs in multiple resolutions using inexpensive (obsolete laptops, etc) hardware and might be able to run over Wifi.

Secondly;
Support for IP Video cameras. Preferably ONVIF support. This is something that Firetext and/or Pangolin might consider implementing as part of their plugins.
I do notice that this was posted in General Discussion here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ONVIF
http://www.onvif.org/

Potential supported Cameras (with ONVIF support):
Honeywell
Sony
Panasonic Support confirmed
Hikvision
March Networks
Axis Support Confirmed

Cheers
Craig

Inviato Sat 19 Jan 13 @ 5:17 am
Hi Craig,

I have a Foscam IP camera and have that working well. It does not support ONVIF. Also a guy from Honeywell told me to beware of ONVIF since some cameras do not support it properly.

I suppose I need to get a camera that does support ONVIF so I can play around with that.

The one thing I found is that it takes a bit of playing around with these IP cameras to see what works best. For my particular camera I have 2 ways to interface to it and one is a lot better than the other but I had to figure that out.

So far I think I would like to build a database of IP cameras independent of ONVIF and go from there. The problem with that is it would take me some time to build that database. I do have a head start on it though.

If anyone has an IP camera and would like to do some testing with it outside of VDJ let me know.

The easiest thing is to just connect to the camera but this connection string tends to vary. And then on to PTZ support for the camera.

You can reach me at:

donmoir@comcast.net

Inviato Wed 23 Jan 13 @ 12:35 am
craighPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Thanks Don
I'll email you.

Inviato Wed 23 Jan 13 @ 2:57 am
trcmPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Development Team,

In using the slide show. When leaving the slide show and then coming back to it It always goes to the first picture. This becomes repetitive to the viewer. Can this be fixed to start from the last PIC shown.

70% of my Gigs is using Music Video, Slide shows and Text.
Any help would be appreciated

Thank You

Tommy

Inviato Thu 24 Jan 13 @ 2:30 pm
Have you tried my slideshow?

Inviato Thu 24 Jan 13 @ 4:48 pm
3skyPRO InfinityMember since 2006
What your experience is with asking for new features?I know they are not orders,but wishes.But do you think developers are even reading these posts when working on new updates?

When I asked for built in EQ ,I got response to get hardware one,because they are cheap now..(free video players like VLC or GOM player have EQ together with useable limiter,but its not even in plan for 299 dollar dj software)

When I (and others) asked for triggering audio and video effects at the same time,or brightness knob on interface,I got advice to map the controller to do that. 9 dollar toy app for ipad has those features if you use controller or not.It also has recording feature that works straight away,and HD output even without dedicated graphic card.But when you are getting new laptop for VDJ ,you need to be very careful to get the right graphics that will work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny_0TCJMgCo

Is it just my impression,that VDJ is getting bigger and nicer,but not more intuitive and DJ friendly?It has more features than any other DJ soft, most of them very useful.But some basic features, like quality of sound effects are way behind others.

Inviato Sat 26 Jan 13 @ 6:26 pm
I have been a Virtual DJ user and supporter for many years. As an Electronics Engineer and DJ for the past 40 years I can really appreciate the ability that tools like Virtual DJ provide our industry. The addition of the Karaoke function has made the software package more useful for many different types of events. However, the Karaoke functions of Virtual DJ fall short of those available from dedicated Karaoke software. I have recently taken on a job is a Karaoke Host a local club. The club patrons are used to a much more capable Karaoke presentation package used by my predecessor. Virtual DJ, in its current form, does not provide the abilities these customers demand.

Therefore, I have created a simple “wish list” of functions I would like to see integrated into the Virtual DJs Karaoke function.

1. Advance rotation listing. The ability to display the next 5 to 10 singers from the rotation list. This could be done with a scrolling, numbered list across the bottom of the second screen. It would also be desirable to display this list vertically in between songs to keep the singers updated. This function would give waiting singers the ability to see when their turn would occur.
2. The ability to automatically (or manually) play music from a predetermined playlist in between karaoke singers or to display some graphics.
3. Maintain a history that more easily reflects Karaoke singers from past shows. The current history function is limited and is not tied to a singer.

These simple functions would increase the ability of virtual DJ to match and function as many of the available Karaoke dedicated software packages performs. Without this ability, I would be forced to use a dedicated Karaoke software package to best serve clients of this and other Karaoke establishments.

Inviato Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 3:03 pm
Maybe some more video transitions and effects? Somehow a way we could edit or change them on the fly! A way we could tweet the ones we have?

Inviato Sat 23 Mar 13 @ 2:07 pm
Advise, 6 new transitions released today already, Scott is on a roll!!

Inviato Mon 25 Mar 13 @ 6:18 pm
19 new ones in total :)

Inviato Wed 27 Mar 13 @ 1:37 pm
69%