Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Video related wishes and new features - Page: 8

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

djdonnPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Optional 'Auto Video Enable' when the play key is pressed. (If video is off, and a video is loaded, turn on the video when the play key is pressed).

Ability to preview videos in preview window without video 'on' (enabled).

Inviato Fri 17 May 13 @ 12:11 pm
Essential Media and Essential Visuals do allow stretch and retain aspect ratio.

Additionally, EM has the ability to additionally adjust the aspect ratio for various screen output. Like, you might be going to an output that is scaling the originally image so your image could look fat or thin.

EM 2.5 includes an Essential Karaoke beta. EK allows for multiple monitor / window output. Since different monitors can have different aspect ratios, this adds to the need for adjusting the aspect further. Once EM 2.5 gets out and we do some initial testing for multiple monitor support, I will go further with this.

Inviato Fri 17 May 13 @ 3:37 pm
Support of Intel Quick Sync technology which so powerful for video decoding
Support of external filters (LAV filters are excellent for video decoding as well)

Inviato Thu 30 May 13 @ 3:51 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You can already specify the use of external codecs in Pro Full.

It's also worth noting that we recommend the use of a decent video card for video use, rather than an embedded Intel.

Inviato Thu 30 May 13 @ 10:23 am
SBDJ wrote :
You can already specify the use of external codecs in Pro Full.

It's also worth noting that we recommend the use of a decent video card for video use, rather than an embedded Intel.

Sorry i'm french i didn't understand well what you said. Could say it in another way please ?

Regarding intel quicksync have a look :

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4083/the-sandy-bridge-review-intel-core-i7-2600k-i5-2500k-core-i3-2100-tested/9

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ivy-bridge-benchmark-core-i7-3770k,3181-7.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvf05jVbPiU

To play video games you absolutely need a discrete GPU. But with the Sandy bride and Ivy bridge, intel developped the Quick Sync technology to be able to achieve decoding and encoding for high definition video applications.

Nowadays most of the video applications that are released support this technology which gives incredible results and permit to take away the idea that iGPU are crap and useless from our minds :)

Inviato Fri 31 May 13 @ 8:04 am
I know that sometime an idea is stuck in some people mind and even if they have facts they 're still not convinced. Perhaps VDJ devs are part of those people. My goal here is just to share something which is usefull in my opinion cause it would permit users not to have to put extra money in a good GPU only for video mixing purpose as they can use there iGPU if they have sandy or ivy bridge CPUs (intel i3,i5 & i7)

Inviato Fri 31 May 13 @ 8:09 am
Hi,

What I am saying is that you can already specify to use different codecs if you are using Virtual DJ Pro Full - you are not limited to VDJs built in codecs and can use directshow codecs for example.

I'm already aware of quicksync, LAV etc however even that has limitations - stricter on video formats for example. I stand by my statement - if you want to do video well then get a decent GPU. If you're going to use an Intel card then use an HD4000 - but even then expect limitations.

Bear in mind that the requirements for Virtual DJ video are more than just video decoding of a single video stream with a large buffer as per a normal media application - there is decoding of multiple video streams, synchronized to an extremely low latency audio stream with potential for rapid movements and big jumps - but very little buffering - rendered to a 3D device with various video processing such as effects and transitions.

It's not that the built in graphics cards are 'crap', it's that performance 3D applications are not their main target. If you're going to do video then make an investment - a decent laptop with a decent GPU is not expensive.

Once again though, VirtualDJ Pro can *already* use external codecs. This level of configuration is not available to LE versions - you would have to upgrade.

Inviato Fri 31 May 13 @ 6:00 pm
Will we be able to connect the VDJ app via bluetooth, incase there is not wifi at the current location?

Inviato Mon 08 Jul 13 @ 9:31 am
get the cover art from the id3 tag of the active deck and just show that. i wish it could be that simple

enable / disable

show from: active, automix
h-align: right, center, left
v-align: top, middle, bottom
image: original size, stretch to fit
capture: vdj tag, file tag (id3), google, amazon, etc.
transition: fade, swap, use video transition
fade: slider [0,1,2,3,4,5..10]

Inviato Thu 18 Jul 13 @ 1:06 am

Inviato Thu 18 Jul 13 @ 6:18 am
rama1Home userMember since 2009
any chance of a option to input the output of my kinect for windows
theres loads of kinect hacks available & would open up endless possabilitys for virtual dj

Inviato Fri 01 Nov 13 @ 3:19 pm

Inviato Fri 01 Nov 13 @ 3:31 pm
rama1Home userMember since 2009
sorry i wrote the other 1 first not realizing that it would suit being posted here better im not sure how to delete the other post?
im really sorry for any inconvenience caused

Inviato Sat 02 Nov 13 @ 9:46 pm
RC420LE userMember since 2013
I've been using Virtual DJ for 6 months now, after purchasing an American Audio 10MXR. I demoed one at the 2013 CDJShow.com, here in the Greater Toronto Area.

Prior to VDJ, I had been using Max-MSP: http://mspinky.com/software/maxi-patch-application/

I find VDJ to be far superior.

My niche is 3D Music Videos. I recently discovered a cool program called MakeMe3D http://www.makeme3d.net/convert_2d_to_3d.php

I've converted my whole music video library into anaglyph 3d mp4s. Would the polarization and/or shutter versions also work? If so, how? Also, how has widi enable laptops improved other users set-up/performance experience?

Inviato Tue 03 Dec 13 @ 10:33 pm
Escape to fullscreen on secondary monitor... CRUCIAL!

Inviato Tue 03 Dec 13 @ 10:36 pm
rama1 wrote :
any chance of a option to input the output of my kinect for windows
theres loads of kinect hacks available & would open up endless possabilitys for virtual dj

...THIS!

Inviato Tue 03 Dec 13 @ 10:38 pm
Full screen video requires VDJ Pro Full.

Inviato Wed 04 Dec 13 @ 1:21 pm
cehletPRO InfinityMember since 2012
when are you going to enable video recording on Mac I would love to see that some time soon as pretty much any mac on the market today has no problems with video recording if Quick time would enable audio recording at the same time this wouldn't be an issue for me but I need to be able to record my video mixes on my mac not have to copy the files over to another computer and use a PC I don't like using PC's for DJing 2 many problems that arise from them in my book.

Inviato Mon 03 Feb 14 @ 1:36 am
If your on a Mac just use screen flow.........

Inviato Mon 03 Feb 14 @ 9:04 am
Hi everyone, as a new user of the forums I hope that I'm in the right place, here goes;

I used to use winamp, and loved the visualisations plug ins, the screen effects that reacted to the music. Can I do the same thing somehow on VDJ and show it on a monitor or beamer?

And I apologise in advance if the question has allready been asked a thousand times, but I'd still appreciate an answer ;)

best wishes
ray

Inviato Sun 13 Apr 14 @ 5:30 am
92%