Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDj 8 Sneak Peak - Page: 9

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Maybe I'm old fashion, but being talented as a DJ comes from the ability to read a crowd & creatively beat mix music "live." This doesn't mean that a producer or Radio Personality doesn't have talent. But, a unique set of skills is what will set us apart from one another.

IMO, we will always have to return to the basics of reading a crowd and mixing music creatively. VDJ is a tool that will always allow us to do that.

Jose
www.JustOutStandingEntertainment.com

Inviato Sat 21 Apr 12 @ 6:52 am
VDJ guy's i can't handle the presure please get it on road soon im sooooooooooooooooooooooo waiting to put my hand's on it

Inviato Sun 29 Apr 12 @ 11:17 am
it will still be a while yet as it will need to go through beta testing before it can be released.

Inviato Sun 29 Apr 12 @ 11:20 am
dj_pradeep12789 wrote :
VDJ guy's i can't handle the presure please get it on road soon im sooooooooooooooooooooooo waiting to put my hand's on it

You better register your software so you can get it as soon as its released...

Inviato Sun 29 Apr 12 @ 12:29 pm
Why is it taking too looooooong??

Inviato Mon 30 Apr 12 @ 7:09 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
...too get it as right as possible, giving you less headaches...worth waiting for...

Inviato Mon 30 Apr 12 @ 7:37 pm
kpone9PRO InfinityMember since 2011
SBDJ wrote :
kpone9 wrote :
video dj and more effect added

You can already video DJ, and effects are added/updated more frequently than people often realise. In the past week I've added 3 new video plugins and updated 2 as well, and for once this has been on the more neglected Mac side.

Who told i did not know i could video dj with vdj???

All im saying is adding more into it.
Im french anyway

Inviato Mon 30 Apr 12 @ 8:47 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You asked for 'video dj' and 'more effect added'. Your post reads as though you want video DJ functionality. I'm guessing you just meant you wanted more video effects.

More video effects are being added and updated all the time. You don't really have to request that.

If you have a specific request then you're welcome to post it in the plugins forum. You will however have to be more specific than 'more'.

Regards,

Scott

Inviato Mon 30 Apr 12 @ 9:54 pm
SBDJ wrote :
You asked for 'video dj' and 'more effect added'. Your post reads as though you want video DJ functionality. I'm guessing you just meant you wanted more video effects.

More video effects are being added and updated all the time. You don't really have to request that.

If you have a specific request then you're welcome to post it in the plugins forum. You will however have to be more specific than 'more'.

Regards,

Scott

ok Scott, look the software I love is vdj, But my problem with virtual dj is the lack of ambition, the poor design, the poor sound quality.

Even engine that just came out got more sound quality than vdj.

Vdj team want to be on top, they have to step up this time, they really have to work hard this time and make it more than awesome.

Like traktor the VDJ team must work on amazing effect and sampler, add great feature that make it look pro.

I mean come on Vdj is not born yesterday, if it was not the video dj'ing that i love I will stick with Traktor.

Look there is the sc3900 out now 3 months, any other software is already working with the new deck except vdj.

Maybe VDJ team is just happy to be at the bottom of the list.

But if i make a business my friend I will try to keep it on top.

You can't even compare how many people use traktor vs vdj.

I upload a video about traktor, and in 1 week i have 1000 view +

I do the same with vdj after a month I don't even reach 1000.

That's is a huge difference.

It's time to do it great, to get more costumers in your basket. Anyway if VDj want.

I mean I'm happy to use it, for video. But if quality matches Traktor, there is no way I will even open traktor when I go giging.

Inviato Tue 01 May 12 @ 2:10 am
DJJAMMPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I I have to agree that the sound is an issue, Ive heard the argument, and i have played with other djs using Traktor.

I also have to agree about the Denon 3900's , from what I read and who knows if its even true , but If it is true the Denon 3900s are actually the real deal, a possible TECH 1200 killer, but -- now here is the but, If vdj can get it working flawless with low latency... The platter is what I am referring to.(no im not talking about hybrid midi) I would love to see vdj get this correct.. so If anyone has any info On the 3900s please let us know, i hate coming in last and as far as the 3900 goes VDJ is dead Last

DJ JAMM

Inviato Tue 01 May 12 @ 3:34 am
DJJAMM wrote :
I I have to agree that the sound is an issue, Ive heard the argument, and i have played with other djs using Traktor.

I also have to agree about the Denon 3900's , from what I read and who knows if its even true , but If it is true the Denon 3900s are actually the real deal, a possible TECH 1200 killer, but -- now here is the but, If vdj can get it working flawless with low latency... The platter is what I am referring to.(no im not talking about hybrid midi) I would love to see vdj get this correct.. so If anyone has any info On the 3900s please let us know, i hate coming in last and as far as the 3900 goes VDJ is dead Last

DJ JAMM

thank you.
I own the sc3900 and its not working brother
If I did no have the dnx1600 mixer vdj sound would be crap.
If you listen to engine and compare to vdj you see the difference straight away, traktor same, without mixer or with mixer, the difference is massive.

Same about scratch sound with hybrid or without hybrid mode, difference is massive.

It's time to step up the game.

I will upgrade vdj every year and pay 79 $ same as i do with traktor, if it worth it.

As far as i know if Traktor Decided to introduce video djíng in the software, virtual Dj will die.

trust me on that

Inviato Tue 01 May 12 @ 4:14 am
I addressed the point about the video engine in your original post, that was all - that effects are being added or updated regularly. Does it really matter who they are made by? I started out as a community member who then decided to contribute plugins.

Personally I've tested Traktor and VDJ through my DN-X1600 and I couldn't hear this huge difference you guys are talking about. There was a huge thread on this a few years back, a user went away with some RTA software and come back with the conclusion that the output from VDJ and Traktor was actually quite similar when the same track was played through the same soundcard.

Your statement makes little sense. In one line you said that without your DN-X1600 the sound would be crap, then in the next line you say it makes no difference. How does the DN-X1600 make the sound from VDJ not-crap, versus someone using another professional sound card?

I also disagree that Traktor introducing video would kill VDJ.

Inviato Tue 01 May 12 @ 6:15 am
Well many people will agree on that. look where other people agreed you disagree, so this is showing what kind of person u are.

I'm trying to have a discussion that will built something here, seriously VDJ team until you step up the game, you will be behind, and it's true/

look at the wave form like a joke, does not even look right , come on until we say things nothing is going to change man
unless you are not honest you can say here that vdj is evenclose to traktor or vdj, we all know the gap is there and there is possibility o do better.

so why not say it

Inviato Tue 01 May 12 @ 6:34 am
You are aware that VDJ8 is a complete code re-write?

Why not wait until VDJ8 is tested then released before comparing the current version 7 which is being replaced?

We do not know the features and improvements VDJ8 will finally have, however looking at the videos from the Musicmeisse show it will be a major step forward.

Keith

Inviato Tue 01 May 12 @ 7:21 am
You obviously seem to have a problem with my addressing your points. I'm not disagreeing for arguments sake - I'm stating my real world experience.

Of course there are places VDJ can improve, I can't deny that. However I don't think the gap between Traktor and VDJ is as you think it is. Traktor doesn't have half the functionality I use on a regular basis - and that is excluding video support! So to me that gap is *huge* and is in the opposite direction to your gap.

You want a discussion so have it instead of flinging half truths, hearsay and insults around. Have an actual informative discussion where you provide criticism of something (actual criticism, not that it's bad or a joke) and how you would like to see it improved.

I mean look at this statement:

Quote :
look at the wave form like a joke, does not even look right

How is that informative or even factual to anyone?

If you are just going to be argumentative and insulting, rather than having a proper discussion then I'm just going to step back and leave you to it.

Inviato Tue 01 May 12 @ 7:39 am
traktor is pretty cheap bro... why not use that instead?

vdj is in a league of it's own in terms of it's adaptability to any system, and the sheer amount of ways you can modify the software to do almost anything you can think of. Personally I think traktor has no where to go but down since they have started locking software features to hardware, and the company doesn't appear to listen to users requests, instead they follow their own agenda, which has been successful in the past although Im not sure why the S4 got the notariety it did because the controller is only one step up from a mixtrack in terms of build quality, there are so many controllers that are better than it but guess what NI does... they don't allow better controllers to function optimally to force encourage you to buy their hardware...

Inviato Tue 01 May 12 @ 10:31 am
What a crap thread this turned out to be, what the hell is all this Traktor talk! boring

Inviato Tue 01 May 12 @ 12:16 pm
can't wait.... seriously

Inviato Tue 01 May 12 @ 12:54 pm
I just dont get how people don't associate all the controllerism mappings with vdj, you can do not only everything that can be done in traktor, you can do far more because of the simplicity of the mapping in vdj and the complexity of what it can do... and now that I am trying skinning once you learn the basics it's really pretty easy to map everything, in fact I have probably spent more time choosing colors tonight than mapping everything to make it work..

also if you every head over to the djtechtools forum "vdj" is no longer a dirty word, it's not praised yet but influential peoples eyes are opening to the possibilities vdj already has on offer nevermind about VDJ8.

Inviato Tue 01 May 12 @ 1:17 pm
At the end of the day it's down to personal preference.

I have two completely different cars and enjoy both.

I have three mobile phones with three different operating systems and they're all great in their own way.

I have a Mac and a PC and both are good for specific things.

However with DJ software only VDJ gives me what I want. I've lost count of the amount of times I've had demos of Traktor and it's just not for me. VDJ is not perfect, however it offers me personally far more than Traktor or Serato ever could.

As Synthet1c says, the mapping is superb and once you get the hang of it you realise the true power. Aside from that, if you also work with video and karaoke then Traktor or Serato are out of it.

Traktor sells cheap then hits you with constant charges for updates. Serato is only sold with expensive hardware you are tied to. Video Serato ($149) or ME ($199) is another charge on top again. VDJ is a one off purchase with updates for the life of the product and if you get the LE with a controller it's discounted. Hmmmmm

Keith

Inviato Tue 01 May 12 @ 1:27 pm
47%