Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Numark NV - Page: 3

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Just wanted to come back and post an update after several days of testing/ practice. The last build update did in fact fix the issue with adjusting the key, so now thankfully I have my gain knobs back. The only things I have remapped now, is I removed the while_pressed command from the touch eq so now when active it kills the eq as off/ on instead of momentary, that and I also changed pressing the beats knob and the touch function of the beats knob to key 0, so that I can access it quicker when needed for a mix. I gotta say, the more I play with the NV the more I love it, and I'm not worried about any of the plastic housing this thing will hold up short of any straight up abuse. A couple things I think Numark could have done better is add a search browser (and maybe a usb in for dedicated keyboard), and maybe stretch the unit out another inch or two to add bigger screens, or maybe even a middle screen for browsing. But this truly is a wonderfully well designed controller, both by Numark and our super thoughtful and awesome teamers at VDJ for creating such a beautiful mapping of it. I have no more doubts at all that it will serve me well out in the field.

Also, on a side note, I also ordered a few other things with this as well, including 2x Numark NDX400's for back up (got a really great used deal), a mackiie freeplay (pre order), and far from the least is a BEAST of a QSC Touchmix 16, which just happens to be hands down the best live mixer I've ever had the pleasure of using!!!

Inviato Thu 09 Apr 15 @ 7:55 pm
Glad its working for you timmy.thats funny,I was looking at them 400 (I know where the deal is) just hours ago.I'm pretty settled on the NV.I just had more issues with my present setup after trying to go back to vdj 7 to test a vst not working and that made my mind up.but I would hold off on spending more until we see the new NS7 mk3 with screens!! should be released soon..
Edit: Also getting some other goodies ( a mac,protools,and a haircut?)

Inviato Thu 09 Apr 15 @ 9:37 pm
jakovskiPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
Hi,

i have a user in the German forum reporting that on deck 3 the EQ faders low/mid are switched. Could someone please crosscheck ?

Thanx, Heiko

Inviato Fri 10 Apr 15 @ 1:32 am
Weird, hadn't noticed it until now, but yes moving the eq knobs deck 3 mid controls low and vice versa, touch eq when active acts as normal (probably why I didn't notice)

I thought about waiting for the NS73 but ultimately I decided that as a mobile guy I shouldn't go any bulkier than the NS6, so the NV was a solid option. Yeah those 400's are really pretty sweet, got em from 2 different places actually but after shipping each one cost around $100. Haircut is strictly forbidden in this house lol jk

Inviato Fri 10 Apr 15 @ 9:47 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
jakovski wrote :
Hi,

i have a user in the German forum reporting that on deck 3 the EQ faders low/mid are switched. Could someone please crosscheck ?

Thanx, Heiko

Fixed. Available in all builds ending at .966

Inviato Fri 10 Apr 15 @ 2:33 pm
nice!

Inviato Fri 10 Apr 15 @ 7:07 pm
HI everyone i just buy a numark nv and having trouble with the effects bank, in serato they hae up to 6 effects at the same time but in my vdj when i press fx 1 in my left deck also apears pressed fx 1 in my right deck,,so i just have 3 effects to lpay with,,somebody help...thanks

Inviato Fri 10 Apr 15 @ 9:56 pm
just ordered my NV,cant wait..now I can go on with the latest build,blah,blah...;)

Inviato Tue 14 Apr 15 @ 2:51 am

Inviato Wed 15 Apr 15 @ 7:36 pm
fedex spaced out my nv,they shot by @ 10:00AM? while I am asleep and no deliveries on monday? them #$@!%.!!! tomorrow I'm putting tacks & nails in my street and freeze that truck...I want my NV Now! :)

Inviato Mon 20 Apr 15 @ 6:05 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
carlosalfonsodj wrote :
HI everyone i just buy a numark nv and having trouble with the effects bank, in serato they hae up to 6 effects at the same time but in my vdj when i press fx 1 in my left deck also apears pressed fx 1 in my right deck,,so i just have 3 effects to lpay with,,somebody help...thanks

That is true. The default mapping only offers 3 Effect slots per deck. Even though that we have been trying in the past to offer default mapping files close to what Serato was offering, we came up to a point that we were providing more than a DJ would ever want on a real situation.
Keep in mind that VirtualDJ was always caring about simplicity and functionality at the same time.

Now, i am almost totally convinced that 6 Effects per deck is way too much even for a Pro. So, if you ever manage to come up with a nice mix using 6 effects on a single deck at the same time, then please share this with us.

Inviato Tue 21 Apr 15 @ 2:11 am
thetracker510 wrote :
fedex spaced out my nv,they shot by @ 10:00AM? while I am asleep and no deliveries on monday? them #$@!%.!!! tomorrow I'm putting tacks & nails in my street and freeze that truck...I want my NV Now! :)

I've had problems with fedex and saturday delivery too. Management locks the doors to my building on the weekends so when I was waiting on fedex to deliver my strat on a saturday, I stood outside to make sure they could get in & deliver my guitar. Stood out there waiting a couple hours before checking the tracking page on my phone only to find out they totally skipped my building without even attempting to deliver. Still better than UPS though, UPS here doesn't even show up til around 6 in the evening.

Inviato Tue 21 Apr 15 @ 6:16 am
they did it again! I'm getting my bazooka...

Inviato Tue 21 Apr 15 @ 7:06 pm
I am playing & setting up now...nice!

Inviato Thu 23 Apr 15 @ 2:39 am
okay I know I read this somewhere but my decks are inverted? which build amI supposed to be at?

Inviato Thu 23 Apr 15 @ 3:44 am
Ive found it,under config,right? yeah...I know..

Inviato Thu 23 Apr 15 @ 4:06 am
Im getting a bit of glitch in the audio? can it be my browser's 30 tabs? Oh ..and I found the short cut to load effects on to slot 2 & 3 but with abriviated titles it hard to know what...it turns on my vst's which are in folders withis the sound effect folder...

Inviato Thu 23 Apr 15 @ 7:22 am
continuation : (a man has to sleep Lol )...I was just trying out the shift button and pressing the effects 2 &3.I see that it loaded other effects into 2&3 but I didnt know that they where my vst's since I have them "hidden" in vst folders.so I open those to find what had been activated."cool" I thought but some vst's take time to load and meanwhile Im still hitting the load button ans reselecting the next effect? needless to say vdj froze for a moment as it was trying to load Glitch or something and I panic but before I shutted down the system..they loaded.so the thing to do here is to rearrange my dll's so I can see them activating and or memorize what I got in those vst folders and the actions required on this controller to do this smoothly...

Inviato Thu 23 Apr 15 @ 4:08 pm
been stting up this Bad boy since last nite Lol...I'm downloaded the included software (ahem)...is he toolroom samples & extentions gonna work with vdj?

Inviato Thu 23 Apr 15 @ 5:11 pm
okay,I hope you'll happy.I got ripped off for the software apperently and worst...the nv sound like crap! I get a constant clicking in the background.I blamed it on the wasapy drivers so I switched to Asio4All but no joy.so now I blame it on the updates and false information.hey..its only $600 bucks ,right?

Inviato Fri 24 Apr 15 @ 2:39 am
48%