Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-SB3 [Official Support] - Page: 3
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
That would be the limiter kicking in [protecting your amp/speakers]. don't the turn gain up to full.
red lights aren't a warning, they're an order to stop.

Inviato Tue 26 May 20 @ 3:57 pm
HeuussPRO InfinityMember since 2005
locodog wrote :
That would be the limiter kicking in [protecting your amp/speakers]. don't the turn gain up to full.
red lights aren't a warning, they're an order to stop.

Ok thank you :)

Another Question, Do you know if there is a way, when i'm using scratch pad, not to start playing music ?

Ty

Inviato Tue 26 May 20 @ 4:11 pm
cbailleux wrote :
Hello,

I have a problem with the SB3.
When I turn the Trim to the maximum, the sound level fluctuates during playback.
Tested on FX1 and 2, tested after reboot .. same thing..

For your information, I'm using the last version VDJ PRO on MAC OS X Catalina

I'v tested on SERATO and no problem ... All is working fine.

Any Ideas ?

Thank you

So you are gaining all the way up?
Could you be hitting the limiter really hard?
As in: Are you in the red, with the red dot blinking all the time?
EDIT: That was already answered - yes - don't add digital distortion to your output :)

Inviato Tue 26 May 20 @ 4:31 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
cbailleux wrote :
Hello,

I have a problem with the SB3.
When I turn the Trim to the maximum, the sound level fluctuates during playback.
Tested on FX1 and 2, tested after reboot .. same thing..

For your information, I'm using the last version VDJ PRO on MAC OS X Catalina

I'v tested on SERATO and no problem ... All is working fine.

Any Ideas ?

Thank you

So you are gaining all the way up?
Could you be hitting the limiter really hard?
As in: Are you in the red, with the red dot blinking all the time?
EDIT: That was already answered - yes - don't add digital distortion to your output :)

I set my trim in the middle .. But you are right. When the problem appears, the red led is blocked.
So I think it was the limiter.

Thank you :)

Inviato Tue 26 May 20 @ 4:42 pm
You can try using an alternative limiter, by adding it to the master FX area. There's a VST called LoudMax which is popular here :-)

The VDJ limiter sounds terrible (and people have complained) but Atomix seem to think the bad limiting will alert people to the issue. Instead, people just post here asking why it sounds bad.

Inviato Tue 26 May 20 @ 4:46 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
cbailleux wrote :
Another Question, Do you know if there is a way, when i'm using scratch pad, not to start playing music ?
Ty

Try the setting hotcueMode to stutter (from VirtualDJ Settings->OPTIONS tab

Inviato Tue 26 May 20 @ 5:19 pm
Hey Guys !

Thanks for you help !

I Would like to share another problem. Maybe not a problem with the SSB3 but with VDJ .. I'm not sure..

I'm VDJ addict but to test the DDJ SB3 I've installed SERATO LITE (recommended for the DDJ SB3) to compare the result about the FX and I'm very confuse about few things.
I'v tested the filter effect (LPF/HPF) and the result is so better on SERATO oO ... that's normal or is it a SB3 issue ?
Same thing with the FX FADE function on the SB3. The FX based on the LPF/HPF filter are really better on SERATO...

I'v tested an other function : the Delay FX. On SERATO The Delay FX continues when I switch off the Level Channel and I think this is the purpose of the effect right ? But on VDJ when i switch of the level channel where the effect is applied, the delay is stopped.

Any idea about it ? Sorry to talk about competing software but I think it's important ...

Regards,

Chris

Inviato Sun 31 May 20 @ 8:49 pm
Ok sorry.. I'v resolved the issue of the HPF/LPF effect ... With the FilterDefautResonance option ... I'v set it on STRONG and now that's ok. :)
This option change the FX fade effect too.

But I've not found any options about the Delay applied when the Level Channel is down (level sound 0).

Thanks again ;)

Inviato Sun 31 May 20 @ 9:03 pm
for the other switch fx to post fader in options and clcik on the trailing in echo

Inviato Sun 31 May 20 @ 9:05 pm
wickedmix wrote :
for the other switch fx to post fader in options and clcik on the trailing in echo

On the trailing in echo ?

Inviato Sun 31 May 20 @ 9:14 pm
cbailleux wrote :
wickedmix wrote :

On the trailing in echo ?

Ok I've clicked on the trailing and it's worked. Thanks for your help.

Inviato Sun 31 May 20 @ 9:18 pm
Hello,

I think I found a real bug this time :)
Problem appears on FX FADE (Backspin effect on PAD 4 and 8).
Sometimes when I want to create backspin effect, the backspin is not launched, and the sound is slowed down.
I have to press the pad for several seconds for the effect to start. But I hear the sound slow down before.

I'v tested this issue on several MP3.

If you want I can create a video to show you the problem.

Regards,

Inviato Mon 01 Jun 20 @ 9:17 am
Huuss wrote :
Hello,

I think I found a real bug this time :)
Problem appears on FX FADE (Backspin effect on PAD 4 and 8).
Sometimes when I want to create backspin effect, the backspin is not launched, and the sound is slowed down.
I have to press the pad for several seconds for the effect to start. But I hear the sound slow down before.

I'v tested this issue on several MP3.

If you want I can create a video to show you the problem.

Regards,

Hello Support team,

Does the support have info about this issue ?

Thank you

Inviato Wed 03 Jun 20 @ 8:29 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
As explained in the manual https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddjsb3/layout/pads.html the FX FADE mode is a firmware one, so when you press a Pad, the device will perform the Backspin (or other functionality).
VirtualDJ doesnt do anything in that mode. The Backspin length can be adjusted from the DDJ-SB3 Utilities. See further details in the DDJ-SB3 Manual https://www.pioneerdj.com/en/support/documents/ddj-sb3/

BTW, for Backspin to work as expected, you will probably need to have Vinyl mode enabled or else it will be doing a Pitch-Bend instead.

Inviato Wed 03 Jun 20 @ 8:13 pm
DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hello all. Long-time user of VDJ. I haven't DJed in 10 years, though. Trying to get back into it. I bought a DDJ-SB3, My laptop and VDJ recognize the controller, but other than the master and headphone levels, the controller's buttons do not do anything. I can hear the music on my speakers and on my headphones, but none of the buttons do anything. What am I overlooking? Thanks.

Inviato Sun 14 Jun 20 @ 1:25 am
I'm having several bugs using DDJ-SB3, let's see if I can explain them clearly...

FX Fade HPF and LPF (Long and Short) do an echo effect (basically the echo fx from 0% to 100%) instead of doing a filter fade. Backspin of course doesn't work but I've seen someone say something about that.

Sometimes when I'm mixing the crossfader it will do like an inverse (this is on the "scratch" setting) thing where:
Let's say deck A is playing the song, as soon as I come off the far edge ("on" for deck A) the song cuts off completely and deck B doesn't play audio at all.

VDJ will randomly disconnect from the network

IDJ pool is NOT what you say it is on VDJ. I paid the 9.99 and couldnt get ANY songs.

Also why is there no skin for ddj-sb3

Does anyone having any custom mappings?

That's it.

Inviato Sat 30 Jan 21 @ 8:07 pm
Hello, I have Virtual Dj Pro, however, after downloading and installing the firmware for windows 10, my Pioneer DDJ SB3 controller still isn't recognized, please help.

TJ

Inviato Mon 28 Jun 21 @ 9:01 pm
user22718601 wrote :
Hello, I have Virtual Dj Pro, however, after downloading and installing the firmware for windows 10, my Pioneer DDJ SB3 controller still isn't recognized, please help.

TJ

Does it control the software faders / knobs, but no audio?
Does it show as "detected hardware" when connected (popup window).

Should be pretty much plug & play this controller..
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddjsb3/setup.html

(if its just audio issue, make sure Windows has not taken the controller as its own sound card)

Inviato Mon 28 Jun 21 @ 10:25 pm
hello everyone. here in the same discussion, one DJ wanted to use reset_pitch & key_lock. I can't write the action "key_lock & pitch_reset holding 2000ms" in any way: it doesn't understand it and doesn't do anything. maybe I didn't write correctly? thank you.

Inviato Wed 12 Oct 22 @ 12:11 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@Nvsvoboda look at the example for holding, it's a query, it goes first.

Inviato Wed 12 Oct 22 @ 3:44 am
97%