Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Virtual dj 8.5 5922 crashes - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

i know there maybe threads on this already...but the latest current build 8.5 5922 crashes on some areas clicked on the screen...so far the areas identifed are mostly on the borders of the screen...for example the widget to change default skin to pro etc..the browser options "dot" on the far left and i think the pads section(got fed up with itt restarting so there maybe more areas.
i have tried clean installs(new settings file created etc)....math engine disabled....and still crashing.

Inviato Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 5:39 pm
can you try to reproduce the crash while you're logged in, and with an internet connection, so we can get the crash report and investigate?
Thank you.

Inviato Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 6:10 pm
i have done this as it still crashes with the 5929..please check and keep me posted.

Inviato Sun 21 Jun 20 @ 11:14 pm
In addition to the crashes...the text for in the options page(the header "Options & Tweaks") and the Tutorial,Audio,Interface texts on the left pane appear blurry from time to time....here's the screenshot
https://ibb.co/zsmmcQ7

Inviato Sun 21 Jun 20 @ 11:26 pm
indeed, your crash appears to happen inside directx11 drivers.
just to make sure, you updated the amd drivers to the latest version?

Inviato Mon 22 Jun 20 @ 4:55 am
Intel sir...
Intel graphics 620
And yes direct x and the drivers are updated

Inviato Mon 22 Jun 20 @ 5:02 am
Every time i load a video file on the deck, virtual dj 2021 crashes. please help

Inviato Mon 22 Jun 20 @ 10:57 am
I have the same issues than DJ Par M. When i click on some aera or the widget to change default skin to pro etc... VDJ crash and PC too.

I update my GPU driver (intel and nvidia gf gtx 1050 ti), uninstall and install it again and nothing, same issue.
Directx is update and windows run with de last version (2004).

I had no problem with vdj 2020.

Inviato Mon 22 Jun 20 @ 12:10 pm
After a new clean installation of gpu driver and Virtual DJ, i have, for the moment, no crashes. But when i click on a scrolling menu (to change skin or choose effect,...), i have screen flashes (a sort of jump of the image).

Inviato Mon 22 Jun 20 @ 1:42 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
try to switch option experimentalSkinEngine to NO

I got these with some non standard (for VDJ) resolutions
(trying to do rotated 1080x1920 skin)
looks like issue with multiple buffering and transparency in resized areas

Inviato Mon 22 Jun 20 @ 5:44 pm
still crashing for me with experimental skin engine off

Inviato Mon 22 Jun 20 @ 6:22 pm

I spoke too quickly. VDJ freezes (crash) again when I click on certain drop-down menus and this only occurs in full screen.

Inviato Mon 22 Jun 20 @ 8:27 pm
That sounds like graphics driver to me. I think the new mathengine code is clashing with your graphics driver.

If you turn off the mathengine does the crashing go away?

Inviato Mon 22 Jun 20 @ 10:24 pm
That was the 1st thing I troubleshooted with no luck...

Inviato Mon 22 Jun 20 @ 10:43 pm
Same thing. VDJ freeze when I click on a drop-down menu. If it does not crash, I have an image jump when I click on an item in the drop-down menus. I specify that all my graphics / audio drivers have been reinstalled and updated as well as virtual dj (5929). The pc is dedicated to VDJ and runs Windows 10 with the latest version 2004. I never had any problems with the other versions of Virtual DJ. I have had these bugs since Virtual DJ update 2021.

PC (laptop) configuration :
Intel(r) Core(tm) i5-7300HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.50GHz
8 Go ram
GPU :
Intel(R) HD Graphics 630
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 ti
Realtek High Definition Audio

Inviato Tue 23 Jun 20 @ 10:07 am
Is mathengine on or off? is experimentalskinengine on or off?

Inviato Tue 23 Jun 20 @ 10:18 am
No difference with or without these two options active or not.

Inviato Tue 23 Jun 20 @ 10:47 am
@ agaianor ...did this happen with the 1st build of 2021??? From what I can remember...I did not get any crashes....I'm not certain though..
And I also troubleshooted all experimental options,full screen,windowed,
Also it has to be something on the skin...if I go into options for eg. And change the default skin from starter to pro by inputting text...it changes...while it crashes when I click the skin gui to do the same procedure

Inviato Tue 23 Jun 20 @ 2:50 pm
In my case, I have also crashed when I try to change the skin by the widget but this does not happen every time. As I explained, when it doesn't crash, I have a kind of image jump when I click on a drop-down menu. I updated VDJ the day before yesterday. I was still at the 2020 version.

Inviato Tue 23 Jun 20 @ 7:03 pm
5949 same problems...crashes and blurry text..i have logged in and the crash report should be sent

Inviato Tue 23 Jun 20 @ 7:20 pm
22%