Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Virtual dj 8.5 5922 crashes - Page: 2

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

i also cannot right click on the browser...crash...i have disabled my graphics card....no crashes...i m goin to reinstall my graphics card to see and report back.

Inviato Tue 23 Jun 20 @ 7:27 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
What do you mean by 'disabled your graphics card' ?

Inviato Wed 24 Jun 20 @ 9:04 am
Device manager,right click display driver ,disable...use generic option...vdj works well...re enable.vdj crashes

Inviato Wed 24 Jun 20 @ 2:02 pm
Could you try in the gpu's control panel to make sure VirtualDJ uses the integrated graphics instead of the discrete and see if that works as well?

Inviato Wed 24 Jun 20 @ 2:06 pm
I'm not following you...as far as I know...when the Intel GPU is enabled(it is always on...I just disabled it to troubleshoot)...vdj uses it as I see my graphics card in the options page in vdj.
Furthermore....Intel GPU now uses a "Intel graphics command center" to access the phased out control panel and I dont see any options dealing with this issue to fiddle with...

Inviato Wed 24 Jun 20 @ 3:22 pm
Sorry, thought you had a Intel+Nvidia config, since it's a bit of a weird thing to do to disable the only gpu you have :p
Did you try to get the latest intel graphics drivers then?

Edit: Also, if you go back to b5874 64-bit it doesn't crash?

Inviato Wed 24 Jun 20 @ 3:42 pm

There must have been confusion with my case. Unlike DJ Par M, I have two graphics cards: an intel hd chipset and an nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 ti graphics card. But I have exactly the same bugs. Virtual DJ freeze and I have to reboot my pc at the button.

Inviato Wed 24 Jun 20 @ 5:05 pm
ok....side note my drivers are always updated etc....
roll back of builds and results:
b5926>>crash & blurry texts
b5922>>crash & blurry texts
b5920>>crash & blurry texts
b5918>>crash & blurry texts

b5874>>no crashes or blurry texts and nothing out of the ordinary

Inviato Wed 24 Jun 20 @ 7:21 pm
New tests :
virtual dj launched with intel hd = crash when i click on the skin mode widget or flashes screen when i click,
and with nvidia, same thing.

All my drivers are uptade and clean installed.

Inviato Wed 24 Jun 20 @ 7:50 pm
can u do a retrack build test to see if b5874 is the last stable version in our case on your end also??

Inviato Wed 24 Jun 20 @ 7:52 pm
5965>>still crashing :(

Inviato Sat 27 Jun 20 @ 6:41 pm
kenattiPRO InfinityMember since 2016
At my side is same!
If I use video dual mixing and only audio with cover as video, double click on video preview, came up in window, then I close this window...click again on video preview then crash....
Mac, pro user:(
latest version 5965

It happens only if I select cover as video....shader,camera etc works fine

Please check it!

Inviato Sat 27 Jun 20 @ 8:34 pm
Starting to think v8.5 was rushed into the mainstream....and the bugs are overshadowing the new feature...

Inviato Sun 28 Jun 20 @ 12:56 am
I made video about the crash.....if I use the cover then it crashes soon...
I reduced the FPS to 30 but not helps....
If the developers need I can share the video...it is reproducible....
cheers

Inviato Sun 28 Jun 20 @ 3:55 pm
The bug with using Cover on mac in build 5965 has been confirmed and will be fixed in the next update.
In the meantime you could go back to 5949

Inviato Sun 28 Jun 20 @ 4:39 pm
That is great!
Thank you!!

Inviato Sun 28 Jun 20 @ 6:28 pm
Just a bit of update....not positive in my case though...my Intel drivers got and update recently...but it did not help in eradicating my crashes..which unfortunately has nothing to do with covers

Inviato Sun 28 Jun 20 @ 7:07 pm
Ok, just to be sure to confirm again. If you set mathEngine to disabled and restart VirtualDJ, it is still set to disabled right? And even with it disabled you still get the crashes?

Inviato Mon 29 Jun 20 @ 7:41 am
Yes...I have changed the setting to off and closed normally to give it chance to save to off...then restart and troubleshoot the crashes and it crashed with the setting off

Inviato Mon 29 Jun 20 @ 2:40 pm
For my part, I completely formatted my pc, reinstalled windows and all the latest audio and video drivers. Despite this, Virtual DJ freeze / crash randomly when I click on the skin mode widget to change the skin in full screen. Mathengine off and experimentalqkin off, same thing.

Inviato Mon 29 Jun 20 @ 3:25 pm
43%