Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Virtual dj 8.5 5922 crashes - Page: 3

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

kenattiPRO InfinityMember since 2016
cover crash with switched math engine off...
same as before (latest beta)
Installed the version 5949, looks OK, no crash even with math CPU setting.

Inviato Mon 29 Jun 20 @ 4:25 pm
@agaianor...u are mighty brave to do a system 'reset' given windows problems with such operations...may I humbly advise to check if others are having your same problem in the forums before you take such measures as in footballing terms if I may...securing a cushion when leading 1 nil may end up in a 1-2 loss lol

Inviato Mon 29 Jun 20 @ 6:39 pm
b5978 still crashing and blurry texts

Inviato Wed 01 Jul 20 @ 4:32 pm
You said earlier that you "disabled" your graphics card and had no crashing. Why don't you just use the computer like that?

Also I'm wondering what else you may have running on the computer...

Inviato Wed 01 Jul 20 @ 4:40 pm
i think using the laptop when i disable the intel gpu and using the generic graphics card will have its drawbacks especially with anything video in vdj...just vdj running...
yeah i now checked it with the intel disabled...using 70 odd % cpu(that' like a 50% spike) and jerky movements especially on non default skins..so that workaround will not work for me

Inviato Wed 01 Jul 20 @ 4:50 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You don't have video enabled right?

Inviato Thu 02 Jul 20 @ 11:13 am
no video enabled and now trying with 5980...same results

Inviato Thu 02 Jul 20 @ 3:07 pm
trying with 5980 and same results too.

Vulkan runtime library required for virtual DJ ? because i uninstalled it when cleaning the pc and install new graphic driver.

Inviato Thu 02 Jul 20 @ 6:31 pm
kenattiPRO InfinityMember since 2016
it seems 5980 solved my crash problem Mac, cover thing....works again as before.

Inviato Sat 04 Jul 20 @ 5:47 am
b6017 still crashing for me

Inviato Mon 13 Jul 20 @ 7:25 pm
Just a bit of an update on my situation...I have found a possible cause of the crashes..i ended up installing the latest Intel driver that the laptop manufacturer provided..and the crashes seem to go away...but windows update has updated the driver and Intel software has further updated it to the latest possible version...I know how to block my system from updating the 'working' less recent driver...but I still think this is a bug on the software's end..as no other programs give this trouble...another note...since I rolled back the drivers and updated back to the latest...the crashes now freeze my entire laptop and I have to hard restart with the power button...the crashes before were just the program crashing...

Inviato Thu 16 Jul 20 @ 6:54 pm
is a fix being looked at for these crashes when using the intel dch drivers???

Inviato Tue 21 Jul 20 @ 2:21 am
Another new version and still no fix for the crashes. C'mon!!!

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 6:55 pm
yeah sadly....i think the devs are putting all their efforts into the new stems feature...which is cool....if these issues were ironed out...but we just have to hope apparently

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 7:09 pm
So you uninstalled a driver and the crash went away.

Surely that indicates the fault is with that driver and not with Virtual DJ?
Maybe no other software is using the driver?

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 7:49 pm
v8.4 works with the latest driver..what does that indicate to you??????????

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 8:08 pm
That you probably have a stems related issue with your graphics card in 8.5.
But if it works with the driver uninstalled it cannot be a VDJ issue. Now, VDJ might be able to put in a work around to stop the crash but it’s clearly a driver related issue.

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 8:43 pm
I do not use stems....I do not even use video....I have updated a few drivers here and there today..I am going to test with the latest 6042 and report here in a bit...

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 9:49 pm
Dan (djtouchdan) wrote :
So you uninstalled a driver and the crash went away.

Surely that indicates the fault is with that driver and not with Virtual DJ?
Maybe no other software is using the driver?

It's clearly a VDJ 2021 issue. I uninstalled 2021 and went back to the last version of 2020 and guess what... No more crashes.
That also debunks some of you guys' theories that it's a graphics driver related issue.

Inviato Wed 05 Aug 20 @ 7:19 pm
It debunks nothing. You should read had VDJ 2021 uses graphics cards.

As I said. I’m not saying VDJ can’t apply a patch to stop the crashing. What I’m saying is if the driver is uninstalled and it then works, (as Pari M has indicated) points to a driver issue.

Uninstalling and going back to 2020 also proves nothing. That’s like saying Windows XP runs so much better on my $2000 laptop than Windows 10. Of course, it requires a tiny amount of processing power in comparison. Of course it would run faster.

Inviato Wed 05 Aug 20 @ 8:37 pm
65%