Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Virtual dj 8.5 5922 crashes - Page: 4

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Hi there,
i don-t know if this solution is already post.
did you try to deactivate the Hyper/Treading in the BIOS of your computer, try to switch off hole memory.
i remember some issue with the HT activated in some Intel processors family like haswell & broadwell.

Inviato Thu 06 Aug 20 @ 2:23 am
Ok some feedback...I did install the updated drivers from the non working Intel drivers(an even newer driver) but the problems continue...just to clarify..vdj doesn't really crash...if using a controller the audio remains playing in the background & hotcues can be triggered etc...but the screen freezes...and when I engage task manager to end task...upon ending the task..the entire system(probably the display only) freezes..I say display only because I think the system itself is still operable.. but I just cant see it on the display....i have since re reverted to the working drivers...and my advice is all users who are experiencing problems should look for their system manufacturer latest driver and keep windows from updating it with a hide updates tool..at least until this is sorted out...because of feedback like this...I think vdj is more aware of the issues than Intel.. and should but the spoken of 'patch' in place to fix the problem..and indicate this in the changelog so users can try the patch...and I have no hyper threading setting on

Inviato Thu 06 Aug 20 @ 11:56 am
serieBPRO InfinityMember since 2017
Crashes on my side on two PC with the last early access (b6059) and the previous one.
I have also formatted both machines, reinstalled windows and got all the latest audio and video drivers to check a possible driver related issue, but still the same. The crashes (reboot of VDJ) came when I'm analysing the database. ExperimentalSkinEngine is off and tried with MathEngine in Auto and CPU (Intel HD 630 and Radeon RX Vega M Graphics).

Inviato Fri 07 Aug 20 @ 7:25 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Could you try to isolate which file exactly it is crashing on? Looking at the crash report it seems like it might be caused by a specific file

Inviato Fri 07 Aug 20 @ 7:39 am
Adion wrote :
Could you try to isolate which file exactly it is crashing on? Looking at the crash report it seems like it might be caused by a specific file

Hi Adion. Do you mean an audio/video file that I could remove or a driver file? No idea which one could be the cause so the crash appears when I'm analysing the whole database and it goes very fast. Is there any way to check it?

Inviato Fri 07 Aug 20 @ 7:44 am
It is probably a corrupt audio or video file, not a driver.

I must ask - why are you analysing your entire database? This should be something you only need to do once, the first time you import your collection to VDJ.

When you add new tracks later, then you just need to analyse the new ones.

Inviato Fri 07 Aug 20 @ 8:02 am
groovindj wrote :
It is probably a corrupt audio or video file, not a driver.

I must ask - why are you analysing your entire database? This should be something you only need to do once, the first time you import your collection to VDJ.

If you add ten new tracks later, then you just need to analyse the ten new ones.

Hi Groovin. Is there any way to know what file could it be the problematic? I've got about 60.000 files or so.
I have changed the portable hard drives and a lot of file names so I preferred to rebuild the database and star with a fresh one, once done of course I will only analyse the new entries.

Inviato Fri 07 Aug 20 @ 8:08 am
Try to do one folder at a time, or half of the files at a time and see if it crashes.
If it does, then try only half of that folder, and if it doesn't crash do the next half.

Inviato Fri 07 Aug 20 @ 8:22 am
Adion wrote :
Try to do one folder at a time, or half of the files at a time and see if it crashes.
If it does, then try only half of that folder, and if it doesn't crash do the next half.

I will need two lifes to complete this action Adion, but will do :-)

I guess no but is there any software to check the integrity in batch of audio/video files?

Inviato Fri 07 Aug 20 @ 8:23 am
With 60000 files, you only need to split the analysis in half up to 10 times to find the file that caused it :)

Inviato Fri 07 Aug 20 @ 8:55 am
Adion wrote :
With 60000 files, you only need to split the analysis in half up to 10 times to find the file that caused it :)

I'll let you know you in 2021 when finished!

Make some code magic and let me know what file is please :-) :-)

Inviato Fri 07 Aug 20 @ 9:02 am
It seems like getting to the crash takes less than a day no? So doing only half the work at the time should not take more than 10 days :p
Another clue from the crash log seems to be that it might have happened while scanning for multiple bpm. This is only done automatically for files over 20 minutes, so you could start by trying to analyze these and see if it crashes.

Inviato Fri 07 Aug 20 @ 9:09 am
Thank you mate. Let's work on it! ;-)

Inviato Fri 07 Aug 20 @ 9:11 am
What format are the files? Software does exist for checking files to see if they are corrupt (for MP3 there are many such programs).

Inviato Fri 07 Aug 20 @ 9:17 am
groovindj wrote :
What format are the files? Software does exist for checking files to see if they are corrupt (for MP3 there are many such programs).

Mainly .flac files for the audio and .mp4 and .mkv/mpeg-2 for video.

Inviato Fri 07 Aug 20 @ 9:19 am

Inviato Fri 07 Aug 20 @ 9:38 am

Inviato Fri 07 Aug 20 @ 9:40 am
The cause of the crash is most likely not a corrupt file.

Inviato Fri 07 Aug 20 @ 10:25 am
Adion wrote :
The cause of the crash is most likely not a corrupt file.

Not a corrupt file? A weighty or unsupported file then? What kind of file Adion? I'm clueless now.

Inviato Fri 07 Aug 20 @ 10:29 am
A fault in VirtualDJ that appears to be triggered only by a specific file / rare condition.

Inviato Fri 07 Aug 20 @ 10:34 am
86%