Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: PHASE HID - Support in VirtualDJ - Page: 2
Weird. It was running now for 10-15 minutes, and I restarted. It is stuck on 7816.2024.

Also, the machine I am writing from here (without Phase) is "stuck" on 7816.2024.

Inviato Thu 23 Nov 23 @ 4:46 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Weird. Perhaps since you installed and not auto-updated, try to set EarlyAccessUpdates setting to Yes

Inviato Thu 23 Nov 23 @ 4:50 pm
I have enabled 'earlyAccessUpdates' and restarted, but I am still at 7816.2024..

The internet access is fine, it logs in and fetches Tidal stuff just fine.

Inviato Thu 23 Nov 23 @ 5:08 pm
Are silent updates logged somewhere?

Inviato Thu 23 Nov 23 @ 5:13 pm
Not meaning to sidetrack the troubleshooting here, but I've checked the coloring of the remotes in Serato...it respects the color selections in Phase Manager (you can pretty much change them on the fly), and it overlays the additional visual info on top of the color (e.g. ending warning flashes the colour you chose), so it must be possible for VirtualDJ to respect the colour choices in phase manager as well while still adding visual cues for the various track conditions in the software.

An additional (but non major) thing...the selection of HID (WIR mode) in Serato is a per deck setting (similar to selection of other modes like Absolute, Relative, etc) that is done right from the deck itself. It probably would be more ergonomic if VirtualDJ had that kind of direct access as well - even if it was a new script action mappable to a button (as most skins don't habe that integration..yet), rather than the controller mapping ignore (which also is an all or nothing approach).

Inviato Thu 23 Nov 23 @ 5:16 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
checkUpdates on as well?
Normally these controller updates are stored in VirtualDJ\Devices\controllers.dat

Inviato Thu 23 Nov 23 @ 5:18 pm
AHA! Turning ‘checkUpdates’ on as well did the trick!! Phase HID works now! 😅

I normally prefer to decide myself when I want to update, and also only use pre-releases on special occasions such as this one. So I normally have those turned off.

You learn a little something every day.. Thanks for swift trouble shooting!

Inviato Thu 23 Nov 23 @ 5:34 pm
We pushed another silent update, so Build should be 7816.2026
In this update when the PHASE-LedMode setting is set to Deck Color or Cue Distance, the color set from Phase Manager will be respected
Battery and End-Of-Track Warning still work

Inviato Thu 23 Nov 23 @ 5:59 pm
DJ VinylTouch wrote :
An additional (but non major) thing...the selection of HID (WIR mode) in Serato is a per deck setting (similar to selection of other modes like Absolute, Relative, etc) that is done right from the deck itself. It probably would be more ergonomic if VirtualDJ had that kind of direct access as well - even if it was a new script action mappable to a button (as most skins don't habe that integration..yet), rather than the controller mapping ignore (which also is an all or nothing approach).

This selection needs to be part of the skin though, so custom skins will need to be updated.

We plan to make the VINYL mode the "switch". So when you need to disable Phase for a Deck, you set Vinyl mode off, you put the Remote back to its base, then you can freely control the Deck and turn vinyl mode back on.

Inviato Thu 23 Nov 23 @ 6:08 pm
djdad wrote :

This selection needs to be part of the skin though, so custom skins will need to be updated.

We plan to make the VINYL mode the "switch". So when you need to disable Phase for a Deck, you set Vinyl mode off, you put the Remote back to its base, then you can freely control the Deck and turn vinyl mode back on.

I understand (which is why I thought a new verb might be appropriate for scripting.

Just to clarify, I was saying that Serato can switch the Phase mode from HID to DVS (absolute, relative) right on the deck, so you can actually still play from the each remote using either HID or traditional DVS as your choice (in addition to disabling = set timecode active "off")...that's a little different (unless I'm misunderstanding your suggestion) from your description, which seems more like general disabling of Phase/DVS altogether.

Inviato Thu 23 Nov 23 @ 6:45 pm
Vinyl Mode is also set per deck, so it would work similar.

Inviato Thu 23 Nov 23 @ 6:54 pm
Adion wrote :
Vinyl Mode is also set per deck, so it would work similar.

That is true...I thought that flipped from scratch interpretation to totally internal (only jog) behaviour?

Inviato Thu 23 Nov 23 @ 7:11 pm
Normally it switches between scratching and pitch bend for jog wheels, but pitch bend probably doesn't make much sense with Phase, so turning off should be fine I think.
It's also consistent with the way controllers with motorized platters work in VDJ, where Vinyl Mode would also turn the motor off or on.

Inviato Fri 24 Nov 23 @ 3:48 am
MakuzzPRO InfinityMember since 2015
djdad wrote :
DJ VinylTouch wrote :
(Major Issue) There is serious drift in the tracking of remotes when I use them on my turntables (Reloop RP7000 MK2s). The pitch readout on the skin is saying they are matched, and they may start matched, but the eventually go out of time very quickly, especially if I do any manipulations of the record. It is drift because:
- I've tried it with the same track, and the pitch reset on for each deck, using the remotes (which should make both tables spin at the original BPM of the song)
- I did the same thing with regular VirtualDJ vinyl records and they are much better matched (respecting the pitch readout on the table to within 1 decimal place)

I dont get any drift here. In fact i put both Remotes on the same TT (one on top of the other), played 2 Tracks (pressed SYNC), and they stayed together for ever (as Rick would say ;) ) no matter if i scratch or not

DJ VinylTouch wrote :
(Minor Issue) PHASE-LedMode does not have an option to respect the remote LED color that is chosen in the Phase MWM Manager itself - it always overrides with the default colours listed in the hardware page

Will add an option to ignore software colors.
In the meantime, you can map the COLOR_UPDATE_L/R keys to false.
However, the Phase doesnt report the color you selected via the Phase Manager, so if you prefer to keep the "Hardware" colors, you lose all the other software options like blink On End, Battery level warning etc.

DJ VinylTouch wrote :
(Minor Issue) There should still be an option to still use the regular RCA mode with Phase
It was unclear to me from modifications to the manual, if that was still possible, and some people do prefer the original DVS Timecode signal reproduction behaviour.

I believe you can set the Phase to "ignore" from CONTROLLERS tab and setup DVS like before.

I'm having same issue with nudging causing the bpm meter to rapidly change and the wave form to expand and contract accordingly. When I was using phase as dvs behaved as expected and could nudge and scratch and the waveform behaved similar to jogwheels. Any pointers? Or are the devs still ironing these issies out?

Inviato Fri 24 Nov 23 @ 10:22 am
Makuzz wrote :
I'm having same issue with nudging causing the bpm meter to rapidly change and the wave form to expand and contract accordingly.

That doesn't match any of the problems you have quested, does it?

Inviato Fri 24 Nov 23 @ 12:51 pm
@Makuzz I believe they are still ironing out the drift problem on platter manipulation (experienced when scratching/nudging/slowing down the platter using the side). They have fixed the problem of respecting the selected color in Phase Manager.

Inviato Fri 24 Nov 23 @ 3:10 pm
Adion wrote :
Normally it switches between scratching and pitch bend for jog wheels, but pitch bend probably doesn't make much sense with Phase, so turning off should be fine I think.
It's also consistent with the way controllers with motorized platters work in VDJ, where Vinyl Mode would also turn the motor off or on.

I agree here that this make sense.
However I'm asking if this would now give control over Phase HID vs regular Phase DVS instead (which would similar to Serato in accessibility/flexibility).

Inviato Fri 24 Nov 23 @ 3:14 pm
Not really sure why you would want to use the same device in 2 different modes

Inviato Fri 24 Nov 23 @ 3:52 pm
So per deck configurability is probably not useful, but the ability to easily change the mode across the board (DVS vs HID) is, even if is a prompt on connection (similar to the EQ modes prompt for supported mixers), that gives a brief explanation of each mode and gives info on how to change the mode in future.

Inviato Fri 24 Nov 23 @ 3:59 pm
What should this popup say?
Use HID if you want more stable, less cpu use, easier to set up.
Use DVS mode if you want to make it difficult on yourself :p

(and as said, if you do want that, easiest to just choose ignore mapping in controller setup)

Inviato Fri 24 Nov 23 @ 4:53 pm
28%