Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Weeeeeeee : ) Total Control - Page: 7

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Hi Paulettecerra

I've got a NTC too ....Hope i don't have to pay you royalties for using that term :)

Do you use yours with the HDC Mk2 as the sound card?

If so just wondered how the whole earphone situation works, can you still Listen to Split & Mix as well as either Deck via the headphone sockets on the Mk2?

IF you don't use the MK2, apologies for wasting your time with questions you cant answer!

I do have the NTC (damn, another £10 in royalties) and the MK2, but due home improvement projects i'm not gonna get a chance to rig up and test for a while.

Cheers

Digimixer

Inviato Tue 29 May 07 @ 2:28 pm
digimixer wrote :
Hi Paulettecerra

I've got a NTC too ....Hope i don't have to pay you royalties for using that term :)

If so just wondered how the whole earphone situation works, can you still Listen to Split & Mix as well as either Deck via the headphone sockets on the Mk2?

IF you don't use the MK2, apologies for wasting your time with questions you cant answer!

I do have the NTC (damn, another £10 in royalties) and the MK2, but due home improvement projects i'm not gonna get a chance to rig up and test for a while.

Cheers

Digimixer

I use my onboard card.. I've bean told that unless your scratching and such 24bit is good..

Sound card don’t have much volume to drive to signal to speaker or even headphones in a load room.... I use to have the same problem with mixer in my club days.. What I did to boost the signal to the headphones.. I bought a cheep set of pc speakers with a volume controlled to amplify the signal to the headset.. Take the speaker that has the controls and wires and rip it apart leaving the wire intact.. You will end up with a little circuit board with a 1/8th inch jack for you headphones,, a line in to go to the sound card and a power supply.. Plug in the headphones, set the volume on the controller half way,, turn on the sound and set the volume knob on the new headphone amp to an very high level without plowing you phones.. Take a piece of electrical tape and wrap the knob and any exposed part of the circuit board to keep it from shorting.. It works great and I purchased pc speakers for $9.99, I seen them online for $2.99.. Good luck. If you have any othe question please don’t hesitate to ask..

Inviato Wed 30 May 07 @ 2:31 am
paulettecerra wrote :
digimixer wrote :
Hi Paulettecerra

Cheers

Digimixer

I use my onboard card.. I've bean told that unless your scratching and such 24bit is good..

Sound card don’t have much volume to drive to signal to speaker or even headphones in a load room.... I use to have the same problem with mixer in my club days.. What I did to boost the signal to the headphones.. I bought a cheep set of pc speakers with a volume controlled to amplify the signal to the headset.. Take the speaker that has the controls and wires and rip it apart leaving the wire intact.. You will end up with a little circuit board with a 1/8th inch jack for you headphones,, a line in to go to the sound card and a power supply.. Plug in the headphones, set the volume on the controller half way,, turn on the sound and set the volume knob on the new headphone amp to an very high level without plowing you phones.. Take a piece of electrical tape and wrap the knob and any exposed part of the circuit board to keep it from shorting.. It works great and I purchased pc speakers for $9.99, I seen them online for $2.99.. Good luck. If you have any othe question please don’t hesitate to ask..

That's a Macgiver answer If I ever heard one ;)P

Inviato Wed 30 May 07 @ 7:34 am
Thanks DJ Marcel_1...

It's what I do....

That's another quote for you..

Inviato Wed 30 May 07 @ 12:47 pm
digimixer wrote :
Hi Paulettecerra

I don't have the NTC yet but I'm thinking that if you hooked up both units with the MK2 being the soundcard this would work.

input / none
headphone - speaker
sound cards / 4.1
sound card / hercules

controler / check box the NTC instead of the hercules

Inviato Wed 30 May 07 @ 5:31 pm
Ya but if you have a onboard card and your only mixing, playing tunes, then you would be just carrying around another unnecessary peace of equipment.. right???

Inviato Wed 30 May 07 @ 5:36 pm
Hi Fatkatzdj

Thanks for that, ive actually had a chance to test this morning, and you're spot on !!

If you select the sound card as the Mk2(rather than 4.1) it all goes wrong, the mk2 tries to be the controller too! ..and VDJ just hangs.
So you must select a general 4.1 as the soundcard and then 'Primary' (which i believe the Mk2 always becomes when connected?) from the dropdown menu.

Only problem is now that VDJ won't close until i disconnect the NTC, freezes on "Saving Database", not a major problem, but its much more reassuring when everything works as expected, still of elements of doubt over reliability

I need to do a real bruteforce test with this setup and see how reliable it is, have played with it for 15mins or so with out any problems, (other than the one above)

Inviato Wed 30 May 07 @ 5:43 pm
paulettecerra wrote :
Ya but if you have a onboard card and your only mixing, playing tunes, then you would be just carrying around another unnecessary peace of equipment.. right???

I use a laptop with a rubbish 2.1 onboard... not an option for me.

Inviato Wed 30 May 07 @ 5:44 pm
I just ordered my NTC... damm royalites.... I mean Numark Total Control. Should be here on Monday. It's been a long, long wait.

Can anyone tell me the primary and important differences between Numark Cue LE, and the full version of CUE/VDJ?

Just curious while I wait...

Inviato Thu 31 May 07 @ 8:22 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Inviato Thu 31 May 07 @ 10:38 pm
Well, since no one was able to answer my question about CUE LE not accepting new sound effect plugins when they are placed in the Plugins-SoundEffect folder, I will have to assume that Cue LE is just crippled on purpose.

I also found that you cannot resize the video screen in Cue LE...how useful.

I downloaded the full Cue version trial and it accepted the new plugs no problem, but there is no checkbox for NTC.

I think I wasted my money on this thing.

Inviato Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 10:10 am
My review on the TC yeah thats my name for it,

um well i find it a decent product obviously i wouldn't mind having a headphone input and some stereo outputs on it but hey what they give is what you get, im still getting use to using looping mainly controling the loop in with my mac then the rest with the TC, the faders are good enough, same with the rest of the buttons on it, but i find that the scratching bit is a bit loose and just spins, but over all its a good object.

The software, i find that that the traktor software is sh!t, the cue software is better i reacon with the video aswell, the only thing is id say get the full version of the software as you aren't able to record your mixes, plus you dont have all the effects which i guess you get with the full version, and your own loops that you can make only stay on when your on there if you turn it of they wont be there to be used when you turn it on again.

was wondering if any users know if you can tighten the scratch wheel or not, because i just think it would work better if you could

thanks dj benzino

Inviato Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 11:20 am
For those who want to do "backspins", they need those wheels to spin.

Inviato Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 7:18 pm
kwilsonjr wrote :
Well, since no one was able to answer my question about CUE LE not accepting new sound effect plugins when they are placed in the Plugins-SoundEffect folder, I will have to assume that Cue LE is just crippled on purpose.

I downloaded the full Cue version trial and it accepted the new plugs no problem, but there is no checkbox for NTC.

try the latest vdj demo

its more uptodate than the cue one

Inviato Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 8:54 pm
skyfxl wrote :
kwilsonjr wrote :

try the latest vdj demo

I am not sure how that would help him with his particular issue?

Inviato Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 10:05 pm
he wishes to see how , the video handles

with the total control in the full product.

so he tried the demo of numark cue

which is 4.1

its only in the latest vdj demo

or in the full product for registered users..

Inviato Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 10:37 pm
sleeperawaken wrote :
skyfxl wrote :
kwilsonjr wrote :

try the latest vdj demo

I am not sure how that would help him with his particular issue?

Hardware accelerator

Inviato Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 10:47 pm
no sorry youv all missed it

home edition

doesnt allow a full screen

Inviato Fri 01 Jun 07 @ 10:57 pm
Isn’t this a little off subject

Inviato Sun 03 Jun 07 @ 5:47 pm
maybe maybe not

it is about the console software