Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ 5 - soon out for mac - Page: 2

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Changes? what kind of changes? djwizard1, you have my complete attention.... PM me if you want or let me know of some kind of changes...

Inviato Mon 17 Sep 07 @ 11:48 pm
airfullHome userMember since 2007
so where is this virtual dj 5 for mac. i can't wait any longer.

Inviato Tue 18 Sep 07 @ 6:02 am
The natives are getting restless! I've got a few gigs the week, was really hoping to see the mac version so I could use my new MacBook Pro. Guess I gotta haul out the Vista box one last time!

Inviato Tue 18 Sep 07 @ 6:58 am
I agree... I don't mean any dissss.... respect on MegaSeg! But, it's not VIRTUAL DJ... This is the best product on the market by far! I just have never seen such miss-communication with the MAC 5.0 version. I would like to just get an update along with the rest of the DJ's waiting. Plus, more and more DJ's are going MAC every day. It's just a cleaner running operating system for s!

Inviato Wed 19 Sep 07 @ 5:32 am
soundwave1 wrote :
I would like to just get an update along with the rest of the DJ's waiting.

As frustrating as it may be, no one who can say anything knows anything more than you.

It's done when it's done, and from what I hear it's very soon.

soundwave1 wrote :
Plus, more and more DJ's are going MAC every day.

Truer words have never been spoken ... but windows users swithing to Mac enmasse is not limited to just dj's, it's the general public overall. ;)

Inviato Wed 19 Sep 07 @ 9:24 am
Is there a way I can get an email on when the upgrade will be available? I'm sorry guys, but Im tired of coming and checking on here everyday to see if it's ready. I've been so patient. I am going to stick with MegaSeg. I just hope we don't see the defects that we saw during the 4.3 release or anything similar to a point where it's unusable for a while. I bought a Mac to get away from Windows on the soal purpose of having a more stable operating system and software. I did not spend money on a Mac to retrofit it to run Windows again and I refuse to run VDJ via Windows on bootcamp. And sorry guys, I am kind of fizzled out on the words "very soon", or "it's done when it's done.

Well hope to be back soon guys! Good luck VDJ team! Make it a good one!

Regards

Inviato Thu 20 Sep 07 @ 2:13 am
C-ya

Inviato Thu 20 Sep 07 @ 4:15 am
Just playing Speed. Sh!t runs like a champ on my Macbook Pro (via Bootcamp and XP). It sucks we have to wait but I'd rather it work than have a botched version like 4.3 r13. I'm gigging 3 nights a week, all video on a Mac.

Inviato Thu 20 Sep 07 @ 4:22 am
CHARL1E F1VE wrote :
Just playing Speed. Sh!t runs like a champ on my Macbook Pro (via Bootcamp and XP). It sucks we have to wait but I'd rather it work than have a botched version like 4.3 r13. I'm gigging 3 nights a week, all video on a Mac.
I agree. I rather it work when it comes out, but can't hold your breath on this one, ull die.. lol

Inviato Thu 20 Sep 07 @ 4:31 am
Speed, I agree. I'd like to be e-mailed when it becomes available, I as well am tired of checking back here every day! Anyone know where we can sign up?

Inviato Thu 20 Sep 07 @ 6:07 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
you will automaticaly be informed by vdj when you run it if an update is available

Inviato Thu 20 Sep 07 @ 6:54 pm
jchiarPRO InfinityMember since 2005
It would be nice to have an RSS feed or email, you know in case the update comes out on a monday. I only launch the App on the day i DJ.

And thats not the time i want to be upgrading. No offense, but i wont upgrade right before a gig.

Inviato Fri 21 Sep 07 @ 3:03 pm
I'd rather they get it (the Mac VDJ update) right the first time (or as best they can). I would not want to rush a product that I use to make me look good. I am sure if they rushed the product and missed a few bugs, everyone would slam the developers for a poor product and quick fixes/more updates. Chill for now folks and use your great creativity to expand your horizons. God, I almost sound like Tony Robbins; but itl's all good!

Inviato Sat 22 Sep 07 @ 5:14 am
Word

Inviato Sun 23 Sep 07 @ 2:00 am
airfullHome userMember since 2007
Any updates?

Inviato Mon 24 Sep 07 @ 6:09 pm
Not yet, I'm sure there will be a sticky when its available. Hang tight guys. There are other options if you absolutely need/want to get 5.0 going on your Mac before the release. ie: Bootcamp with XP.

Inviato Mon 24 Sep 07 @ 10:11 pm
That's correct C5. Thank you.

Inviato Tue 25 Sep 07 @ 3:06 am
Somebody said I was temperamental. Yes, I do.
I refuse to run any windows part on my "precious" mac.
I also refuse to believe u dont give us a real reason why this is just simple not happening.
This shit of code translation, different platform and stuffs... ohh boy.... are not convincing anymore.
The update will take a week or so... When this was posted??? lol.
Your application is not cheap. So, must not be your efforts to deliver us an update.

Traktor rocks!!! And soon it will also displays covers as well.

Thank you for really respect the mac community.

Inviato Tue 25 Sep 07 @ 3:46 pm
AdemirCosta wrote :
Traktor rocks!!! And soon it will also displays covers as well.

I used that program from late 2003 until the beginning of last year.

I remember when Naive Instruments announced in mid-January of 2006 (around MacWorld) that they would have the Intel Mac version of their software ready by March and they didn't even start recruiting beta testers for the Intel Mac version until the first week of April. Then they post-poned the release until October. Did they make that post-poned deadline? Probably not. Regardless, I don't really care because I jumped that sinking ship in April anyways.

The fact that their product is going to do something relatively simple that VirtualDJ and Virtual Vinyl already do (Cover Flow-like art display) just proves how far behind they are.

How's their video capability using vinyl or cd's which is proving to be in high demand at A-list venues and events internationally and that ONLY VDJ/VV does (out of the 3 most popular digital dj/turntablist solutions... and they are a DISTANT 3rd place)?

Not gonna happen anytime soon with them is it? Nope.

They have the worst support for their dj/turntablist product IMO. It got so bad with them that there was an uprising by the users and Stanton ended up throwing the user forums for their digital dj/turntablist solution at NI's forums after deleting a lot of the more incriminating threads created by the mass amount of disillusioned users. Then some users started their own "unofficial" support forums because they got better support among themselves than from either Stanton or NI. That was one of the main reasons I started looking at alternatives and am glad that I came across the most innovative digital solution for dj's and turntablists, VirtualDJ and Virtual Vinyl.

Even the dominant digital solution here in the U.S. is playing "catch up" to VDJ/VV by trying to add video capabilities. Do you really think that if it weren't that important that they would be working so hard to add it when they are already dominant? Of course not. Even when they do come out with their first attempt at handling video, it will pale in comparison to Atomix's experience in that area for the past 5+ years. I wouldn't trust a first or second version of processor intensive software that has to simultaneously handle audio, visual, both audio and visual effects, real-time manipulation using cd's or vinyl, while at the same time running reliably so that our reputations as dj artists aren't tarnished by buggy, first version software, or (in the case of fs/traktor) is lacking a major feature like video all together.

Sooo... WE already have video with VDJ/VV, the leading digital solution in the U.S. is feverishly trying to add it, and what about the 3rd option? Worthless IMO.

My point is that you get what you pay for with VirtualDJ and Virtual Vinyl - a high quality digital dj/turntablist software and hardware solution with incomparable features and community support that none of the competition can touch AND is less expensive than the other 2 products.

PLUS, when we get the Mac version of VDJ/VV 5.0 shortly we won't have to pay for that at all.

Inviato Tue 25 Sep 07 @ 5:12 pm
Bla bla bla...
I dont see all that on 5.0 mac version yet.
lol...

Inviato Tue 25 Sep 07 @ 7:59 pm
27%