Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ 5 - soon out for mac - Page: 3

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

k_onePRO InfinityMember since 2006
the reason why you don't see anything for MAC is because you are a "no license" user...and if you are a "no license" user, how can you complain about the price of the product?
you haven't even bought it!
if I am mistaken and you're indeed a Pro user, I must apologize. But, there is a good solution if you don't want to run bootcamp. Use version 4.3 while you're waiting! I've beein doing that since
April and it works perfectly. Ok, it might not be as polished as the PC version in regards of video and MIDI(even though Video works for me) but it definetly beats Traktor on every point, hands down!
So stop complaining and just be a little patient. Version 5 will be ready on MAC soon and it will definitly rock!

Inviato Wed 26 Sep 07 @ 12:37 am
k_one wrote :
but it definetly beats Traktor on every point, hands down!

Yup, I agree.

And that's coming from me that used to be a very proud and active fs/traktor user, until I found that there was nothing to be proud about because there were MUCH better products available (one is audio only, but VDJ/VV is leaps ahead of both with it's visual capability which is why I chose it).

As I've said many times before, I want the Mac version asap but NOT before it's done... and NO ONE wants it more than me. PERIOD.

That hasn't kept me from using VDJ/VV on my Intel Mac consistently for visual mixing since last year using the BootCamp option, and I wouldn't have any problem using the 4.3 Mac version for audio only (despite the fact that video works for k_one) which sounds like all you (AdemirCosta) would use it for since you're currently using an audio only program like traktor that isn't going to have video anytime soon... if ever.

Inviato Wed 26 Sep 07 @ 4:47 am
Ok.
You know what... that's enough for me!

K_one:
Not a pro user just because the 5.0 version IS NOT available.
Not a pro user because the 4.3 version simple dont read the id3 tags from ITunes library. It took me so long to organize it. Simple task dont u agree??? And I dont concieve the idea of using another app to solve this LITTLE SIMPLE task. Basic data information not handle by a so advanced app. Geez... C'mon... give me a break. How can I buy something that will make me redo the entire work I've already have?
When I saw the 5.0 video preview with the cover flow display (copied from ITunes, a native app from Apple) plus more options on browsing my library i thought it will solve all the problems.
Once more. VDJ is using the ITunes "most visual" feature. Why we, the Mac fan boys, dont have it running on our platform??
I just bought a BCD 3000 that comes with Traktor. It works fine, no freezes and fully id3 tags recovering. Soon, cover flow as well.
Yes, this 5.0 version will solve my visual memory thing. Not anymore. I give up. They will not have a penny of my money.
Be happy with the your bootcamp, windows microsoft (.dll errors) and pc .

Inviato Wed 26 Sep 07 @ 9:38 am
AdemirCosta wrote :
When I saw the 5.0 video preview with the cover flow display (copied from ITunes, a native app from Apple)... Once more. VDJ is using the ITunes "most visual" feature.

I pointed out that that was an Apple iTunes feature to dj-in-norway quite awhile ago and also pointed out the appropriate name, "Cover Flow".

You're preaching to the choir here in terms of Apple and Mac OS unless you have a (former) Apple employee ID number too.

AdemirCosta wrote :
Why we, the Mac fan boys, dont have it running on our platform??

VDJ 5 has been out for windows for less than a month. The Mac version will be out shortly and it will always take time to port code from windows to Mac considering the difference in architecture between the two, especially with windows using DirectX to handle video and Mac OS X using OpenGL instead.

The handling of visual elements is one of VDJ/VV's biggest features and certainly the one that sets it apart from all of the competition who are either trying to add it, or in the case of fs/traktor, not, and therefore will fall even further behind as an option as the demand for this increases exponentially as we are already witnessing.

AdemirCosta wrote :

In a year and a half of using VDJ, I've had NO windows problems mostly because I know how to "tame" windows and I only use it for VDJ. I know windows as well as I know Mac, which is why I use Macs and don't use windows computers unless there is no alternative.

If I don't have the option of not dj'ing, what am I gonna do? Use inferior programs that don't have VDJ/VV's much better features, or just bare having to use the best digital dj software with an inferior wndows OS until we can finally combine the best digital dj software (VDJ/VV) with the best OS (Mac)?

THE BOTTOM LINE is that we have no other option until VDJ 5 Mac is released which will be soon, but NOT before it's done PROPERLY because having a flawed program on the Mac platform just to say we have it is NOT an option for serious dj's/turntablists/visual turntablists.

Inviato Wed 26 Sep 07 @ 4:29 pm
k_onePRO InfinityMember since 2006
AdemirCosta wrote :
Ok.

Not a pro user because the 4.3 version simple dont read the id3 tags from ITunes library.

- The 4.3 actually lets you search via ID3TAG. The only problem is that is doesn't display it properly. So you def. do NOT need to redo all your work...

AdemirCosta wrote :

I'm NOT using BootCamp at all, all OS X man...and working great :D

Just be patient. The "problem-solving" version 5 will be out for MAC soon!

Inviato Thu 27 Sep 07 @ 1:27 pm
next week my @$$! you guys are full of it just release it randomly because the anticipation for a software update is immature and childish.

Inviato Mon 01 Oct 07 @ 9:50 am
I'll re-post the very first sentence in this thread:

"Now this isn't definite, so don't go getting your "feathers all ruffled" if VDJ and Cue 5.0 Mac are delayed beyond 'next week or the week after', because if it is, it will have been for good reason by either Atomix or Numark."

The porting of a complex, real time manipulation a/v application to Mac OS X which uses a completely different architecture and handles graphics completely differently from windows is NOT easy, especially if it hasn't been done before.

Look, even though I created this thread, I've posted many times on these forums that I would be happy with a simultaneous release of VDJ/VV 5.0 with Apple's upcoming Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard release that will happen in October.

Now I'm not saying that that is the case, as VDJ/VV Mac may be released anytime now - I truly don't know and those that do can't say - but I personally set my expectation for "around the time that Leopard is released" so that I wouldn't let myself down.

Maybe we should all do the same as this seems to be the obvious time frame that makes sense, but again, the sonner the better... but NOT before it's done! ;)

Regardless, shortly we will have the best OS with the best digital dj/turntablist/visual turntablist solution... and the wait will have been well worth it. =)

Inviato Mon 01 Oct 07 @ 12:59 pm
Dj ConQuest,

Thanks for the updates.... I agree at this point! The last thing I want is a song to skip or the program to shut down during a wedding or convention party! I would just hope that it is ready to rock soon and exceeds my expectations!

Thanks for your input!

DJ Maestro :}

Soundwave Entertainment
Orlando Florida

Inviato Tue 02 Oct 07 @ 4:24 pm
You're welcome DJ Maestro. =)

Inviato Tue 02 Oct 07 @ 6:52 pm
soundwave1 wrote :

Soundwave Entertainment
Orlando Florida

Nice DJ name... :-)

Inviato Wed 03 Oct 07 @ 12:09 am
SpeedDemond29 wrote :
soundwave1 wrote :

Soundwave Entertainment
Orlando Florida

Nice DJ name... :-)

Speed... stop hitting on our members.

=P ... ;)

Inviato Wed 03 Oct 07 @ 12:16 am
dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
With the 5.rev4 out now I guess we will have to wait even longer for virtual dj Mac to come out. whatever.....whatever

Inviato Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 2:30 am
d-v-intPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yeah they are working so hard on getting mac version out that they have had time to 2 revisions to pc version in the meantime and from what i reading in the gen forum they are working on version 5.1

I wouldn't be suprised if PC reaches version 6 before we even get version 5!

Inviato Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 11:49 am

Reason there is a REV 4 (and by that NOT a new main version, its 5.0 rev4) are ALL releated to user feedbacks, and issues needed urgently to be solved (possible crash bug)

I bet you all would rather have a MAC version 5.0 rev 4 that works good, than get the previous troubles in the PC version, that is now solved :)

MAC release is almost done, good things comes to those who wait.. :)

And to be clear, there will NOT be a main PC release before the mac version no... And there hasnt been either. REV releases are fix releases for urgent bugs :)

Inviato Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 6:43 pm
airfullHome userMember since 2007
any ETA, anything? please!?

Inviato Tue 09 Oct 07 @ 11:21 pm

Wild guess : Within two weeks or so.

Its in beta, and it really depends on how smooth the process of getting the PC made features over to MAC and working as good on that platform. Can all be a sleak painless process, or one can run into a certain challenge that takes time.

So its a bit hard to make a good ETA :)

hope you understand

Inviato Tue 09 Oct 07 @ 11:40 pm
airfullHome userMember since 2007
thanks for the response!
I am glad it is at least in beta form. I am looking forward to this release and its features/fixes. I am currently using traktor and I have heard great things about VDJ.

Inviato Wed 10 Oct 07 @ 3:34 am
VDJ 5 for mac will not come out until OSX 10.5 is out at the end of the month !

Inviato Wed 10 Oct 07 @ 4:00 pm
CraXHome userMember since 2005
I heard that the final developers build of leopard will be given to the developers next week, and I'm sure the developers of VDJ wanna be sure that it runs propably on the latest and greatest Leopard build so users woun't run into problems if they buy the latest os. Thats not too bad, but awaiting sucks, I know ;)

Inviato Wed 10 Oct 07 @ 8:46 pm
That's great that it's being released for Leopard. Worth the wait (although I'm getting ancy).

Inviato Wed 10 Oct 07 @ 10:02 pm
41%