Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ 5 - soon out for mac - Page: 4

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

CraX wrote :
I heard that the final developers build of leopard will be given to the developers next week

I bet it'll be any moment now and no later than this week.

As I mentioned in a previous post in this thread, Apple has s announced Gold Master on an OS in the past and been able to go from GM status through duplication, packaging and distribution in as little as 2 weeks in the past.

As I've also posted previously, Apple will NOT miss an October ship date for Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.

discobobsie wrote :
VDJ 5 for mac will not come out until OSX 10.5 is out at the end of the month !

This is what I've been trying to get people to realistically expect for quite a while now, although I cannot confirm nor deny this.

It just makes sense though, doesn't it? =)

Inviato Wed 10 Oct 07 @ 10:30 pm
CraXHome userMember since 2005
Yes it does. But developers got the latest build in their hands these days, and this will propably be the release candidate, so no major changes and stuff.
So Developers of VDJ will have time to test it, and if there are no major problems, then it will be propably released before the oficiall release of Leopard,
which will most likely be the 26th this month.

Inviato Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 10:58 pm
CraX wrote :
Yes it does. But developers got the latest build in their hands these days, and this will propably be the release candidate,...

The latest build of Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard is 9A559

It was a full 6.5Gb build that was released 3 Fridays ago.

Inviato Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 12:48 pm
CraXHome userMember since 2005
Oh sorry, I read the news pages wrong. sorry bout that ;) anyhow: we gotta wait... =)

Inviato Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 1:21 pm
ConQuest wrote :
CraX wrote :
Yes it does. But developers got the latest build in their hands these days, and this will propably be the release candidate,...

The latest build of Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard is 9A559

It was a full 6.5Gb build that was released 3 Fridays ago.

Build 9A851 was released yesterday and now is possibly the final release candidate/GM for Leopard.

Inviato Sat 13 Oct 07 @ 6:52 pm
Fascinating discussion folks! I just had a frustrating weekend getting ready for a gig with Traktor (xp eating up RAM and screwing up) and thought it's probably time for me to check out what's happening with VDJ. Wow! so... going MAC eh? I have been shopping for a new computer and going through the 'great debate' on what system to purchase. I've tried an intel centrino duo 2.0ghz with 1 gig of ram running visat and wasn't satisfied, so it went back Now I'm considering the MAC route and might even consider VDJ. So, your thoughts, MAC mini? Macbook? 1 gig enough for ram? Just trying to sort out the 'right' hardware.

Current system
HP PIV 2.4ghz - 1 gig ram - xp home sp2
m-audio fastrack pro - gigaport ag - m-audio x-session-pro
250g ext hdd ieee1394

Thanks...and 'Let the music move you!'

Inviato Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 3:30 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
emotiondj wrote :
Current system
HP PIV 2.4ghz - 1 gig ram - xp home sp2
m-audio fastrack pro - gigaport ag - m-audio x-session-pro
250g ext hdd ieee1394

Thanks...and 'Let the music move you!'

With those specs - why wait ? You should be able to run audio very well with the PC version and if you decide to buy a MAC at a later date then you could just download the MAC version at no additional cost.

http://www.virtualdj.com/purchase/

Inviato Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 5:06 am
cstoll wrote :
You should be able to run audio very well with the PC version and if you decide to buy a MAC at a later date then you could just download the MAC version at no additional cost.

http://www.virtualdj.com/purchase/

True. Just purchase the license for VDJ Pro windows and you'll automatically get VDJ Pro Mac for free! You're safe either way, plus you'll get all the advantages of being a licensed user like access to all of the great plug-ins among many other things to customize VDJ to your liking.

As far as whether or not to purchase a Mac, why wouldn't you in this day and age? You get all the great benefits of a Mac (stability, security, longevity, a long list of included high quality/easy to use native applications from Apple, etc.) AND you have the ability to run windows 100% natively if you find that you have to for any reason at anytime.

Just look on these forums and see how many people have either switched to Mac already or are seriously considering it. You'll have lots of posts to read!

Then look for how many Mac users are switching to windows... you'll be looking for quite awhile on that one because no one is. ;)

As far as which Mac to purchase, it basically comes down to this:

If you're gonna incorporate visual elements into your dj performance, then you need a Mac with a dedicated video card; MacBook Pro, iMac, or Mac Pro tower.

If you've decided that you're only gonna do audio though (however, I would have to STRONGLY advise you NOT to think that you're not going to get into visual and video mixing once you see how easy VDJ makes it), then you can get any Mac, even if it only uses Intel integrated graphics; MacBook or Mac mini.

If you're considering a Mac mini, I would furthermore advise you to wait a couple of weeks as it looks like it will be discontinued shortly to make room for an all new Apple Mac product in the lower end consumer Mac product market.

This means that you'll be able to pick up a mini at a lower clearance price or you may find yourself wanting the new product instead.

Hope that helps!

Inviato Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 6:03 am
Thanks for your comments!. Great advice too. OK so I think I'm going to wait for a bit and see what new offerings will be coming from Apple. For now I'm going to do some more research on VDJ with respect to all these additional features you mentioned that become available as paid user.

I should say though although this is not the right forum, maybe you can redirect me, I had noticed that the ID3 tags in the trial version didn't read correctly. It seemed to get the artist and song names reversed quite often. Traktor didn't seem to mess that up as much. Is there a forum on this topic? Before I spend money on VDJ, which is looking very likely, I just want to have a little peace of mind knowing I am not just taking on another 'project' that eats my time and earns me no income.

Again, thanks for your valuable inisghts!

Inviato Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 5:08 pm
lurchi2Home userMember since 2007
I have not yet VDJ. Will i be able use the cheap iMic USB Audioadapters to connect to my external mixer with VDJ 5 on the Mac? I can use them with Traktor when i create a virtual audio device in the midi/audio utility that comes with os x. Or have i to upgrade to a better (FW)-device?

Inviato Tue 16 Oct 07 @ 3:50 pm
Griffin iMic adapters will work with VDJ 5.0, yes. It will actually be easier to setup in Virtual DJ. All you have to do is go in to the Settings and actually select it. It should come up on the list automaticly.

Inviato Tue 16 Oct 07 @ 5:00 pm
lurchi2Home userMember since 2007
Questions over questions... I hope you have an answer for me again.

The Griffin iMic Adapters are not the best ones, in know. And to use a MIDI Keyboard, manually mapped to the funktions of the DJ-Software is also not state of the art, i know.
When browsing through my dealers online store, i saw a "HERCULES DJ CONTROL". Can this be used with a Mac? The description of the device is "only Windows compatible". Willi have to buy the "HERCULES DJ CONSOLE MKII MAC"?

Thanks in advance.... :-)

Inviato Wed 17 Oct 07 @ 3:58 pm
will VDJ 5 for Mac, Leopard compatible, or we' ll wait for it?

Inviato Thu 18 Oct 07 @ 1:00 am
hkd987PRO InfinityMember since 2007
I just want to know when it will be out i'm tired of booting up into windows every time I want to dj on my macbook.

Inviato Thu 18 Oct 07 @ 2:33 pm
Yes Hercules DJ controler will work for Mac. They make one especially for Mac. When I bought mine, I was using it on my Windows based notebook. They have the drivers to use the one for Windows on your Mac.

Inviato Thu 18 Oct 07 @ 3:52 pm
hkd987 wrote :
I just want to know when it will be out i'm tired of booting up into windows every time I want to dj on my macbook.

As posted many times here, I would think (and hope) that we'll see VDJ/VV 5.0 Mac around the time that Leopard becomes available in the next week or by the end of the month at the latest.

Just my guess though. =)

Inviato Thu 18 Oct 07 @ 9:50 pm
Let me redo that question so I don't start anything ... lol Will VDJ 5 be ready for Leopard?

Inviato Fri 19 Oct 07 @ 2:06 am
SpeedDemond29 wrote :
Let me redo that question so I don't start anything ... lol Will VDJ 5 be ready for Leopard?

Do you mean will it be available when Leopard is available, or are you asking if it will be Leopard compatible?

Either way, I don't know. =P

I've said that hopefully VDJ/VV 5.0 Mac will be available around the time Leopard is released.

Compatability with it? We better hope harder... ;)

Inviato Fri 19 Oct 07 @ 2:48 am
Thanks Quest. The compatibility part was my concern.

Inviato Fri 19 Oct 07 @ 2:53 am
Hey Quest, when are you going to build up your blog? Show some of your gear? I was just curious.

Inviato Fri 19 Oct 07 @ 4:39 am
54%