Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Split Cue - Page: 4

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Charlie Wilson wrote :
Hercules RMX has split cue, used it for years.

Charlie, the RMX has a cue mix... Split cue is output on one side and the cueing track on the other... left and right separation!

Cheers,

Roy

Inviato Sun 31 Jul 11 @ 8:28 am
Any news ? the split cue based on software should be easy for you guys... you rock ! i know you can do it atomix staff :-D

Inviato Mon 26 Sep 11 @ 9:21 am
It should be...

Anyway, something that I'd also like to do is get rid of the perfect-constant-power curve on the cue/mix blend control. The one you monitor through headphones. The pfl/cue headphone crossfader has no curve on it, and while it's not perfect having extra loudness when you're checking the blend before fading over, it's preferrable to have a slight boost in volume (from no dip in the curve) compared to too much dip and a drop in volume. Right now the curve on the cue/master knob is for two identical signals so they don't increase in volume at all. Non-identical music is rarely going to give you that and the drop in volume is annoying, as it requires you to boost the headphone gain a bit to compensate. So no dip is better than too much dip. Obviously just a little dip would be optimal for both this one and the headphone crossfader.

Inviato Sun 30 Oct 11 @ 1:23 am
3 years later....still no Split Cue :/

Inviato Sat 19 Nov 11 @ 2:25 am
how's this possible ? 3 year's really ???

Inviato Sat 19 Nov 11 @ 3:43 am
djfrochocr wrote :
how's this possible ? 3 year's really ???

Look at the date of the first post (mine).

Inviato Sat 19 Nov 11 @ 5:57 am
my next mixer is going to be the denon mc6000
and will be getting rid of my outboard mixer..
so i have to admit.. the split cue funtion is starting to look pretty important ;-)

Inviato Tue 22 Nov 11 @ 10:47 am
sure it is... thats why we are waiting for the option in the software ;-)

Inviato Tue 22 Nov 11 @ 4:19 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The MC6000 can do split cue already so no need to worry there.

Inviato Tue 22 Nov 11 @ 9:22 pm
so maybe I'm not understanding this split cue properly, but surely you're gonna need a dedicated output for your headphones??

and if you have a soundcard with 6 or more outputs then this should already be possible??

Inviato Wed 23 Nov 11 @ 11:06 am
SBDJ wrote :
The MC6000 can do split cue already so no need to worry there.

OH! for some reason I thought that was controlled by VDJ.. I was probably mixing that up with the booth output then..

good to know!

I dont always use split cue on my denon x500 mixer, but there have been times it was a godsend!

Inviato Wed 23 Nov 11 @ 11:27 am
Don't you guys use monitors?? Cued track in headphones, playing out track in the monitor next to you........I've never used split cue or see the need for it if your using monitors.

What am I missing here??
Huey

Inviato Wed 23 Nov 11 @ 11:29 am
marksmolinski wrote :
and if you have a soundcard with 6 or more outputs then this should already be possible??

you need the ability to easily flip between master/cue and stereo, and you need to easily set the levels of each..

just having split/cue isnt the whole story, the implementation of it makes a big difference..

for example:
I (like most DJ's) always used the one cup/speaker for mixing.. The first mixer I got that had split/cue was a numark but i still used the single cup for mixing.. (split/cue didnt seem to help any)

it wasnt until my Denon 500 mixer that i started really using split/cue and actually started prefering it in some situations!
basically it was because the Denon did a much better job at how a person turned it on and allowed the DJ to set the level outputs (so you can easily match levels between main and cue and hear BOTH sources clearly)..
sometimes a major difference and i think helped my improve my beatmixing..

not everyone needs split/cueing, but for those who beatmix and have used it in the situations where it makes a big difference, they KNOW the importance of it..

Inviato Wed 23 Nov 11 @ 11:38 am
What you just explained is what the leds do,.right?? Shows you the levels.of each track or in this case hear the levels....

Inviato Wed 23 Nov 11 @ 12:00 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Don't you guys use monitors?? Cued track in headphones, playing out track in the monitor next to you........I've never used split cue or see the need for it if your using monitors.

What am I missing here??
Huey

when you dont have room for monitors on the dj booth, or when you have to work in a place with a lot of echo and reverberation like a high school gym, or simply when you need to perform live with a musician and dont have the chance to use monitors because they interfere with the job, or you just need to do a perfect mix in an enviroment like a radio booth with no high output monitors... then... the split cue is what you need.

besides split cue prevent you from premature deafness usually caused by high volume on the monitors... i once meet a dj using an Aero 12" line array to monitor...

Best regards from costa rica

Inviato Wed 23 Nov 11 @ 3:13 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :

What am I missing here??
Huey

Your missing the fact their are different types of DJ's out there..

i know this will be shock to you.. ;-)
but some DJ's cant use monitors, or it wouldnt be practical.

Inviato Fri 25 Nov 11 @ 11:54 am
LOL! I get it now, tried mixing like that lastnight. My buddies mixer has it and its gonna take me some getting used to, hehe!!

Ok +1 on the split cue
Huey

P.S. Ive always praticed with a monitor at so I guess Ive just trained myself.

Inviato Fri 25 Nov 11 @ 12:03 pm
not all DJ's need it.. (I'm pretty sure the majority of DJ's default to one phone on the ear and the other ear listening to the mains..)
a monitor is actually a huge step up from that..

but their are times when a good (easy to use) split cue becomes a life saver.. (ok.. maybe not a life saver, but at least helps with NOT creating a train wreck in some situations)

again, I just started using the Split/cue myself just a few years ago.. and I would now never buy a mixer without that option..

Inviato Fri 25 Nov 11 @ 12:19 pm
If you select the Mono split in the soundcard part of the audio config and then master/pfl in the outputs section you can fake it.

I do support this feature request, split cue is very useful and making it more obvious and immediate on the virtual mixer would be very welcome.

Inviato Fri 23 Dec 11 @ 1:13 pm
SBDJ wrote :
A workaround would be to use advanced sound config, with mono set, allowing you to specify what each headphone channel does.

YES.... I like your intelligent idea it must be in the advance config sound setup...not anywhere LOL... this is how brains works correctly i'm 100% agree on this....but it should be mappable to rewired and mixed left & right on the controller buttons. Thanks you

Inviato Sun 01 Jan 12 @ 6:25 pm
93%