Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: New Years countdown plugin - Page: 4

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

djmilaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hello, I have a question on the manufacturer plug-in. it would do a little update with the option to write your own text. plug-in is then more useful throughout the year. sorry for my English.

Inviato Tue 27 Sep 11 @ 2:09 pm
I'm looking into usng the sbdj countdown timer but in all honesty I cant set it up? can someone please explain I'm hoping to use this christmas and new year

Thanks

Inviato Wed 14 Nov 12 @ 8:03 am
this plug-in is only for NEW YEAR ( for test must have date/time 31.12.2012 and time )

Inviato Wed 14 Nov 12 @ 10:12 am
How edit final text ? Im from Czech and text Happy New Year is not good for czech People. Thx

Inviato Wed 14 Nov 12 @ 10:14 am
I like this stuff

Inviato Sat 17 Nov 12 @ 10:43 am
large request for Scott SBDJ

small adjustment : instead of sentences "HAPPY NEW YEAR " only : 2013

this is for all over the world , all languages.

Inviato Thu 22 Nov 12 @ 5:05 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I've recently 'updated' this plugin after a few user requests.

When I say updated, I mean rewritten as I can't find the source code for it anywhere!

Differences to the old one include:

* Selectable target date/time
* Editable final message
* Saved settings
* A GUI where you can see what the options are ;)

I've not tested this extensively, so make sure you give it a good run before using it live and report back with any issues.

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/10194/countdown.html

Oh, in case it isn't clear each of the parameters applies to each of the modes individually, so you can have different fonts, colours, positions etc for each stage.

Inviato Wed 17 Jul 13 @ 7:15 pm
Very nice jobs . Very thanks SBDJ. it is perfect for me.

Inviato Tue 23 Jul 13 @ 8:04 am
This is Exactly what I was looking for our DJ Expo 15 min. of fame battle countdown Thank you too much!!

Inviato Fri 26 Jul 13 @ 1:09 pm
3skyPRO InfinityMember since 2006
VDJ freezes ,and I need to close it when trying to change font.Direct x installer says,I have latest dirext x installed.Does anyone have a clue where the problem might be?

Inviato Thu 28 Nov 13 @ 7:54 pm
Hi SBDJ
please update this fantastic plugin x vdj8, many users we hope this thing

Inviato Sat 20 Dec 14 @ 2:27 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
EricVeejay, keep an eye on the Televisuals plugin, there are some user made countdown videos towards the latter part of the thread. And, the developer is working on a countdown/timer feature.

Inviato Tue 23 Dec 14 @ 1:11 am
blckjck wrote :
EricVeejay, keep an eye on the Televisuals plugin, there are some user made countdown videos towards the latter part of the thread. And, the developer is working on a countdown/timer feature.

a function countdown / timer and the message after the countdown is My object

Inviato Tue 23 Dec 14 @ 7:07 am
why are people asking for SBDJ to update this plugin?

As it is, it works just fine on v8.
Are you having difficulty running the countdown plugin? have you tried updating DirectX 9 (even if your card is DX10 or above)

Or are you hoping for new features? if so, what else would you like this simple plugin to do??

Inviato Tue 23 Dec 14 @ 8:53 am
I am looking at doing something for clocks yes. Clocks in this case, means countdowns, timed events, clock display, etc. I can pretty much tell you it will not be ready for News Years this year. Initially, I mentioned I would try to put something quick together for it if needed, but there was limited response to it. I decided it was best to fold this into other things I am working on.

The responses were:

o - Scott's countdown is what I want to do. This is fine. There were some beta builds that broke several VDJ7 plugins running in VDJ8 but I believe that is fixed. There are still some anomalies running various VDJ7 plugins in VDJ8 but should work fine with just some care. Make sure you test whatever VDJ7 plugins you use in VDJ8 fully so you are not surprised later and who knows if this will vary from one VDJ8 build to the next.

o - I use a video for the countdown - to me this gives you the best splash for the minute before New Years and something that can give real meaning to the build up to New Years rather than a silent text display. Gives you complete customization. It requires some work or cost and may not be free in terms of time or money although sometimes you can get them freely. Tayla and others have put these up for free from time to time. VIP DISCO has also put some samples up that are pretty cool. The ones with audio really tie it all together and you can pretty much guarantee the crowd will be focused on the screen at that time and have the same mindset.

o - djBAV had some new thoughts on the subject

I am not interested in doing one off plugins that do one thing because it is not part of longer term goals for me and there is no payback for it in terms of paying the electric bill etc. For you there may be payback but not necessarily for the person that does the work. Kind of strange don't you think? Sometimes though, a simple plugin is all you need and may give you the ability to manage things a little better but not always.

When I first came to the VDJ forums, one of the first things I said is you should use whatever works best for you. My thought has always been that you want to do a professional show but sometimes I have to wonder about what a professional show means to some of you.

Inviato Wed 24 Dec 14 @ 10:12 am
Just noticing with the countdown plugin, I am still seeing problems running it under VDJ8 build 2094. It may vary from one machine to the next but I am not going thru all that testing again. It is discussed at the following link. Like I said, be careful. I don't think it is limited to just the countdown either and some of the things I am seeing now are still are a problem as discussed below but could be that some problems are fixed but some still remain.

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/196270/VirtualDJ_8_bug-report_Forum/Crash_when_scrolling_through_V__Effects.html

Inviato Wed 24 Dec 14 @ 11:27 am
Can't find the countdown plugin.. :( is it still around somewhere for download ?

Inviato Mon 29 Dec 14 @ 10:45 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hello, is there any plans to update the Countdown plugin for VDJ 8? It was exactly what I was looking for.

Inviato Sat 15 Aug 15 @ 3:10 am
Just found this topic, because I was searching for a countdown timer.. This one will do. I installed this one just a few minutes ago and I'm testing it in VDJ8.
So far so good...

Inviato Tue 18 Aug 15 @ 8:44 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
When I scrolled past it in effects, VDJ 8 would lock up and shut down on Win 7. Be careful

Inviato Tue 18 Aug 15 @ 6:20 pm
46%