Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: New Years countdown plugin - Page: 5

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

ok , what about I make a video with the count down on it and then you can make it a sample then select the sample editor and remove the background color and let it rip!

Inviato Fri 21 Aug 15 @ 1:56 am
tycoonentertainmentcanada wrote :
ok , what about I make a video with the count down on it and then you can make it a sample then select the sample editor and remove the background color and let it rip!

That's a good idea, but I believe the most people are counting down from 10 to 0
I need a countdown from 60 minutes to 0
Maybe the next one is looking for a countdown from 23 seconds to 0 ? ;)

That's already 3 different video samples I need..

What I want to say is: A sample is great but is to static. The countdown timer is great because you can set the time yourself.

If I could put some extra text with the countdown timer, it would be better.

Inviato Fri 21 Aug 15 @ 7:13 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Just edit the 60 - 0 countdown video with the video editor and remove the unecessary seconds.
Save it as a new file.

Inviato Fri 21 Aug 15 @ 10:14 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Roy, tell me what you need exactly and what it's for, I'll see what I can come up with for you until a proper plugin is available.

Remember a 60 minute countdown file will be massive as a sample.

Inviato Fri 21 Aug 15 @ 10:36 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Testing this again today. Just my thoughts, the simplicity of this plug in is to automatically have the right time. Run Atomic clock sync to get perfect time on your laptop and you will nail New Year midnight to the second. A couple seconds off for triggering a 60 min video is not ideal. People have cell phones with perfect time..

Playing a video over top can work, but there does not seem to be a need. This plugin is Perfect in layout and functionality. The only thing I would add is to trigger an action or video like firworks for midnight. I would settle for just not crashing VDJ though. Last time I crashed 8 was with this plugin. I have been stable since I removed it. Then crashed for the first time in moths within 2 min of "countdown" being installed and running again.

The crash seems to happen when mouse clicking on the Video effect list, and/or the "countdown" plugin settings.

In today's crash, VDJ locked up from my view but sound and NS7 platters kept spinning. I have not been able to reproduce. So I am working on that this weekend. Hopefully if we can reproduce it, then the problem can be fixed with no need for bulky videos playing over top.

Here was the previous post showing what lead me to here: http://virtualdj.com/forums/196270/VirtualDJ_8_bug-report_Forum/Crash_when_scrolling_through_V__Effects.html?page=1

At about post #13 in that thread, you can see it was pinned to the "countdown" plugin. As stated earlier, I have not crashed since I removed it and now today i was able to make VDJ almost crash a second time. The playing track starts playing VERY slow and stuttery. VDJ just did not force close this time.

Inviato Sat 22 Aug 15 @ 6:22 pm
Thank you DHoude for sharing your info on this (thumbs up). Now I'm going to test it even more, because I really don't want to crash.. that would be the first time ever (since 2006 :) )

Inviato Mon 24 Aug 15 @ 7:48 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I will update it for v8 :)

Inviato Mon 24 Aug 15 @ 8:50 am
SBDJ wrote :
I will update it for v8 :)

If you had a "donate" button... :)

Inviato Mon 24 Aug 15 @ 8:54 am
No need :)

Inviato Mon 24 Aug 15 @ 8:56 am
royvanmeel wrote :
Thank you DHoude for sharing your info on this (thumbs up). Now I'm going to test it even more, because I really don't want to crash.. that would be the first time ever (since 2006 :) )

May just be my combination of set up too. I will say that Telly Media runs perfect on it's own, but the crash may have something to do with Telly Media and the Countdown plugin both running on the same PC. Because my second "almost crash" (track slowing way down) was when I was trying to deactivate Telly Media. You will see in the other thread that it could just be passing over Countdown though. I was also running last week's Beta build 2412. I now have the new 2425 Beta build. And have some time to test that this week.

I also run Win 7 64 bit.. Any way you look at it, the update should fix that. But what you want to test is Mouse clicking in V effects and V effects settings. That is where my instability is at the moment.

SBDJ, thanks for the offer! I greatly appreciate your help.

Inviato Mon 24 Aug 15 @ 4:06 pm
Made a start, cross platform Mac/PC versions:

Inviato Mon 24 Aug 15 @ 8:13 pm
Ps: Maybe an extra (toggle) option for a title input ?

Inviato Mon 24 Aug 15 @ 8:18 pm
Looks pretty cool!

Inviato Mon 24 Aug 15 @ 8:25 pm
SBDJ wrote :
Made a start....

No need to rush. I'm going to use the plugin at a gig on september 4 and 5 - 2015 so you still have 9 days left ;)
If the v8 isn't ready yet, I will use the V7 and try my luck.

>adorable puppy look -enabled

Inviato Tue 25 Aug 15 @ 1:32 pm
sbdj where is the link to this? Im excited i might use it every night for last call

Inviato Thu 27 Aug 15 @ 2:56 pm
SBDJ wrote :
Made a start...

Inviato Thu 27 Aug 15 @ 8:46 pm
royvanmeel wrote :
...I'm going to use the plugin at a gig on september 4 and 5 - 2015 so you still have 9 days left ;)
If the v8 isn't ready yet, I will use the V7 and try my luck.

How did you make out?

Inviato Mon 07 Sep 15 @ 8:43 pm
DHoude wrote :
How did you make out?

I didn't. Because of the warnings in this thread I didn't want to take the risk to crash or "hang" and get "the look" from 2000 people watching:

So I made an Powerpoint presentation instead... It wasn't the perfect eye candy that I wanted from VDJ, but it did the job.

Inviato Tue 08 Sep 15 @ 9:29 am
Yea, I did not think trying it anyway was a good idea. But we all make choices..

Inviato Tue 08 Sep 15 @ 1:10 pm
Just wanted to throw in i'm an Motion and graphics designer and if anyone needs any video countdown footage in whatever format you need, just tell me!
I didn't read the entire thread :D

Cheers,
Daniel

Inviato Wed 09 Sep 15 @ 11:41 am
57%