Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: New Years countdown plugin - Page: 8

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=80341

I advise you to test this before going live with it!

Also note that the stage times are relative to the next stage, so if stage 3 happens 10 seconds before, and stage 2 is set to 50 seconds, then it will happen a minute before (50 + 10).

Inviato Mon 21 Dec 15 @ 9:35 pm
does this .exe overwrite the one for 7 if it has the same file name?

Inviato Mon 21 Dec 15 @ 9:58 pm
Yes, if you want to keep the v7 one then rename it first :)

Inviato Mon 21 Dec 15 @ 10:10 pm
eh... rename one here as countdown_to_awesomeness8.exe

Inviato Mon 21 Dec 15 @ 10:13 pm
I meant rename the old countdown.dll before installing, to say countdown7.dll for example.

Inviato Mon 21 Dec 15 @ 11:17 pm
great work SBDJ, I have already installed and I am testing, you produce some fine work, I like the fact that when you get to less than a minute it loses the colon and reverts to just digits, one minor bug I have noticed is that when your countdown is still at mins and the last 9 seconds the format looks wrong ie one minute and 8 seconds is displayed as 1:8 and not 1:08, apart from that it all seems to be working for me !

what would be really cool in a future version would be to trigger an event or script, I am only just getting into how powerful this is with VDJ, but I am sure you would agree that if it had the option to run a script to load and play out a video sample , that would be fantastic, maybe something for the 2016 version ;o)

a big thank you for your time and effort on this (and all your other) plugins , great work

Inviato Tue 22 Dec 15 @ 7:37 am
djsadimPRO InfinityMember since 2006
sureview wrote :
what would be really cool in a future version would be to trigger an event or script, I am only just getting into how powerful this is with VDJ, but I am sure you would agree that if it had the option to run a script to load and play out a video sample , that would be fantastic...

+1

Inviato Tue 22 Dec 15 @ 8:54 am
sureview wrote :
one minor bug I have noticed is that when your countdown is still at mins and the last 9 seconds the format looks wrong ie one minute and 8 seconds is displayed as 1:8 and not 1:08

Will have a look and fix today :)

sureview wrote :
what would be really cool in a future version would be to trigger an event or script

One of the beta testers suggested that too, it's already in progress :)

Inviato Tue 22 Dec 15 @ 1:02 pm
OK, plugin update:

* Hopefully fix the format issue reported above
* New script option for each stage to automatically execute a VDJScript command when that stage is reached

Inviato Tue 22 Dec 15 @ 2:27 pm
Awesome!!

Will update and test tonight

Inviato Tue 22 Dec 15 @ 3:30 pm
.............and now we know why the man has 11 stars!!!, give him another , or a pay rise , or both !

better look into this scripting.... I could have a fully automated new years blast off, normally I would be working so it would not be an issue, but this year I am partying myself at home, we are having a large new years eve house party, or course I am going to do it in style and the full rig will be out :-), and a smaller rig in the garden (I have built an outside bar) . it will be great to have a new years eve from the other side of the decks for once (like that's going to happen lol), but I have been warned, I cant spend too much time 'fiddling' ....................

Inviato Tue 22 Dec 15 @ 5:08 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Man, to bad I'm stuck at my other job for a bit yet. I really want to go test firing some lights and samples with the added feature.
Glad to see this feature added Scott, good work!

Inviato Tue 22 Dec 15 @ 5:53 pm
Thank you Scott

updated to the new version today , and everything seems to work great, time formats correctly now, and I have triggered some basic script commands..

now I had better take a crash course in scripting ........

Inviato Wed 23 Dec 15 @ 5:48 pm
This thing has worked perfectly with every test I've thrown at it!!

Once again Scott you come through like a CHAMP!!

Thank You

Inviato Wed 30 Dec 15 @ 4:24 pm
How can I get a clip bank like I had in vdj7? I don't have videos for every song so I would like to play video clips but can't figure it out on vdj8 need help. Big New Years party tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

Inviato Wed 30 Dec 15 @ 9:39 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Load a video in the Sampler bank and use this script "sampler (#) play" if the video is in sample slot 1, use "sampler 1 play". Keep in mind that Stage times add up. so if Stage 4 is set for the 10 sec mark, and you have a one min clip that you trigger at 60 seconds. Then trigger the clip at Stage 3 and set Stage 3 to 50 seconds (which added to stage 4's 10 seconds = 60 total).
------------------------------
Scott, BRILLIANT!! perfect in so many ways! I am having one small issue. When I right click the X or Y, then type an exact value and hit enter. My mouse pointer disappears (Windows 7 64 bit, VDJ 8.1 b2740 an early release build). If I click, I get it back but kind of weird at first.

Either way this will work for tomorrow as I am setting it up now, it should not happen tomorrow. Super huge THANKS man! I/we greatly appreciate your hard work.

Inviato Wed 30 Dec 15 @ 10:06 pm
The cursor disappearing thing is an issue with VDJ. It's not isolated to the plugin.

Inviato Wed 30 Dec 15 @ 11:06 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hmm, thanks for the info. When did that start? And is there a fix?

Inviato Thu 31 Dec 15 @ 1:01 am
I'm not sure how long it's happened. No fix yet.

Inviato Thu 31 Dec 15 @ 1:29 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Worked like a charm tonight - cheers Scott! :)

Inviato Fri 01 Jan 16 @ 2:47 am
91%