Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: I WILL PAY YOU TO BYPASS THIS FORUM AND HELP ME! - Page: 2
See the pic.

Inviato Mon 30 Aug 21 @ 8:29 pm
It's not hooked to the SZ at the moment...

Inviato Mon 30 Aug 21 @ 8:30 pm
But when it is, it recognizes the SZ and everything seems to work fine.

Inviato Mon 30 Aug 21 @ 8:31 pm
I can confirm that the audio configuration that your link is giving me are the same when it recognizes the SZ

Inviato Mon 30 Aug 21 @ 8:33 pm
Can you please post a screen shot with the controller plugged in to the mac?

Inviato Mon 30 Aug 21 @ 8:34 pm
When I go retrieve it from the office, so I'll have to come back tomorrow.

Inviato Mon 30 Aug 21 @ 8:37 pm
No problem. It is either an audio config issue or something on your laptop is running out of buffer perhaps.

I'm a Windows person but hopefully someone experienced with MacOS may be able to help.

Inviato Mon 30 Aug 21 @ 8:41 pm
Does this only happen with the sz? Have you tried with a different sound card or controller? Do you have this same problem on both the Mac and windows pc? If yes is the sz the common item ?

Inviato Tue 31 Aug 21 @ 2:01 am
jakeritchie wrote :
It's a different issue now and I didn't post it here, but rather on a Virtual FB page some time ago.

If I may..
FB is the worst place to seek technical advise.
There are some nice persons there with good knowledge willing to help, BUT (and that's a very big BUT) you also get a ton of useless or misleading advises as well.
Also users usually tend to follow those misleading advises instead of taking their time to recognize the real helpful advises provided by members that know what they're talking about.
I have tried numerous times to help folks on FB, only to find out that instead of taking my advise that would solve their issue by as simple as flipping a setting, they would prefer to try every other weird thing any clueless guy would offer them.

Now, back to your issue(s)
In order to help we need to have full and clear communication.
The specs of your system(s) and your issue(s) are scattered on this entire thread.
That's not a good way to communicate.

So, please recap with all the information we could use to help you.
Like this:
EXAMPLE wrote :
System 1:
MAC Book Pro mid 2016, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, using an external NTFS drive, and DDJ-SZ controller.
Issues: After some time sound cut's off. This usually happens.. blah blah blah

System 2:
Windows 10, i5-6620, 8GB RAM, 512 SSD, using an external drive (the same as above), and DDJ-SZ controller.
Issues: After 3 hours, the sound muffles. It usually happens randomly when.. blah blah blah

That's clear communications.
Even if a guy wants to help you by connecting to your system remotely and trying to solve it out for you, he will need the above information before hand to know what to look for.

SO:
Recap now and give us ALL possible details about your system(s) and your issue(s) that could help us.
Without knowing where to start from, no one will even try to resolve your issue(s)

Inviato Tue 31 Aug 21 @ 8:07 am
Thank you. I do have a Dell Laptop that has it's issues as well with Virtual, but it's my backup. I will hit you up when I get the Mac taken care of if that's alright. :-)

kradcliffe wrote :
No problem. It is either an audio config issue or something on your laptop is running out of buffer perhaps.

I'm a Windows person but hopefully someone experienced with MacOS may be able to help.

Inviato Tue 31 Aug 21 @ 12:59 pm
I have an issue with both laptops, but to be clear these are 2 completely different issues. I am concentrating on the Mac at the moment becuase it's my main, but will move to the Dell afterwards.

djjohnnyrox wrote :
Does this only happen with the sz? Have you tried with a different sound card or controller? Do you have this same problem on both the Mac and windows pc? If yes is the sz the common item ?

Inviato Tue 31 Aug 21 @ 1:01 pm
I hear ya and I get it, but there was a reason I didn't provide everything. I wanted to pay someone to call and chat, but no worries. Here is my specs, what am I leaving out? :

Macbook Pro 15”, 2017
Processor: 3.1 Ghz intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB
1 TB drive (367.87 GB remaining)
Virtual DJ v8.5 b6541
Pioneer DDJ-SZ Controller

Dell Laptop I will work on later, but for now to get ready for my shows, I need to concentrate on the Mac.

PhantomDeejay wrote :
jakeritchie wrote :
It's a different issue now and I didn't post it here, but rather on a Virtual FB page some time ago.

If I may..
FB is the worst place to seek technical advise.
There are some nice persons there with good knowledge willing to help, BUT (and that's a very big BUT) you also get a ton of useless or misleading advises as well.
Also users usually tend to follow those misleading advises instead of taking their time to recognize the real helpful advises provided by members that know what they're talking about.
I have tried numerous times to help folks on FB, only to find out that instead of taking my advise that would solve their issue by as simple as flipping a setting, they would prefer to try every other weird thing any clueless guy would offer them.

Now, back to your issue(s)
In order to help we need to have full and clear communication.
The specs of your system(s) and your issue(s) are scattered on this entire thread.
That's not a good way to communicate.

So, please recap with all the information we could use to help you.
Like this:
EXAMPLE wrote :
System 1:
MAC Book Pro mid 2016, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, using an external NTFS drive, and DDJ-SZ controller.
Issues: After some time sound cut's off. This usually happens.. blah blah blah

System 2:
Windows 10, i5-6620, 8GB RAM, 512 SSD, using an external drive (the same as above), and DDJ-SZ controller.
Issues: After 3 hours, the sound muffles. It usually happens randomly when.. blah blah blah

That's clear communications.
Even if a guy wants to help you by connecting to your system remotely and trying to solve it out for you, he will need the above information before hand to know what to look for.

SO:
Recap now and give us ALL possible details about your system(s) and your issue(s) that could help us.
Without knowing where to start from, no one will even try to resolve your issue(s)

Inviato Tue 31 Aug 21 @ 1:08 pm
Here is my Pioneer DDJ-SZ hooked up to the Macbook Pro. Latest virtual on Mohave OS.

Inviato Tue 31 Aug 21 @ 2:02 pm
Noticing the differences here are the ASIO addition in the tutorial, but not on mine. I know there are two different ones and the ASIO being the MAC compatible. Do I need this? Could it be the issue?

Inviato Tue 31 Aug 21 @ 3:41 pm
Macs don't use ASIO. If you use the same controller on a PC then that setup would use ASIO.

Inviato Tue 31 Aug 21 @ 5:05 pm
Gotcha. Another message board said the opposite, but I will go with your comment. So then I have the audio settings correct? What is the next process of elimination?

groovindj wrote :
Macs don't use ASIO. If you use the same controller on a PC then that setup would use ASIO.

Inviato Tue 31 Aug 21 @ 5:15 pm
To reiterate my issue the best way I can explain it through a keyboard...

When I played a track (play button on the SZ), I almost immediately lost sound to a sort of low muffled sound. Even my mic would not work which was weird. In my headphones, I tested both sides back out again once I regained volume. The left side played clear and at the correct volume level. The right side played clear as well, but at 50% less volume. I quickly switched over to the PC backup I had to see if the volume issue persitted on another computer, but it did not. So, the problem was within the MAC. I thought it could have been a SZ problem becuase of the mic issue I had at the exact same time, but all channels worked perfect when I switched to the PC (went from A to B). Go back to the MAC and the audio drop out persisted.

Inviato Tue 31 Aug 21 @ 5:23 pm
Try a new good quality usb cable, I'm also wondering if the sz is going bad

Inviato Wed 01 Sep 21 @ 1:56 am
Switched USB cables 3 times. As far as the SZ, I thought that was a possibility too, but I tested another laptop on the same channels and I had no issue. I go back to the Mac and the issue persists. Today I hooked the MAC back up and there is no issue (but it will return as it always does). You see how difficult this is to resolve through typing?

I am on 3 days now which proves my point about live support. If Virtual wants to keep its customers, it's going to have to invest in live support. Not knocking anyone here and I appreciate the help, but I was right. This is taking way too long to solve which I could have done probably in an hour with someone actually giving me live assistance. My gig is in 2 days now.

Thanks again for trying, but I need more of an emergency-type response so I can fix this issue unless someone here is going to dive deep to help me. What should I do next? Does anyone want to still get $$$ to help me over the phone? :-)

djjohnnyrox wrote :
Try a new good quality usb cable, I'm also wondering if the sz is going bad

Inviato Wed 01 Sep 21 @ 2:13 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
When (if) it happens, try refresh your audio config, not a permanent solution but would help fault finding pointing towards a driver issue.

Inviato Wed 01 Sep 21 @ 2:19 pm
83%