Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: I WILL PAY YOU TO BYPASS THIS FORUM AND HELP ME! - Page: 3
Again, how would live support help if it's a random issue?

Do you expect someone to stay on the phone for hours until it happens? What if they can't see what the issue is remotely?

Inviato Wed 01 Sep 21 @ 2:26 pm
The MIC input in DDJ-SZ is 100% hardware operated.
Since it happens that I have seen a DDJ-SZ open in the past, it consists of 3 main boards and a few small ones.
Most likely your issue derives from an internal SZ connection going bad.
If I had to take a wild guess, it should be somewhere on the mixer circuits (central board) that also holds the USB bus

In your place I would have the SZ serviced. It's quite an old controller by now, and no matter how well you have treated it, it has seen some beating.

PS: The reason I had seen a SZ open is the fact that I had mine serviced and I was present when they opened it.
In my case, the slightest touch on the "LOW" EQ knob on CH1 would actually kill the bass completely. I thought that I had to replace that knob, but it seems that actually it was a connection on the board instead loosing up.
It was serviced last summer, and due to Covid it has not been used much the last year, but it still worked perfectly this summer.

So, in order to sum it up, if the MIC port has the same issue as your computer,then it's a hardware issue and you should have your SZ serviced.

Inviato Wed 01 Sep 21 @ 8:19 pm
Thank you for the response. I have had my SZ in twice for service and they found nothing. I am not opposed to having them look at it again, but who knows. This particular SZ sat for over a year in its packing before I originally used it, so it's only been in the field for probably 3 years.

I will copy your text here and pass it along to the repair shop. Hoping this solves it. Thanks again.

UPDATE: I called Dell service to see if they could tell me anything that might be wrong in the laptop. I could then cross-reference this with the problem I was having with Virtual DJ afterward. They did find a couple of corrupted files which was giving me trouble (outside of Virtual DJ) and they fixed it. They made sure my computer was 100% healthy before I hung up the phone. I then played around with 2021 Virtual for a while and the glitch was still there. This is a quick computer-sounding glitch, about a second in length that happens about every hour I perform. Randomly in any song, but maybe 4 to 5 times total a night. So, I still do not know what it is, how it's being caused, or how to fix it.

PhantomDeejay wrote :
The MIC input in DDJ-SZ is 100% hardware operated.
Since it happens that I have seen a DDJ-SZ open in the past, it consists of 3 main boards and a few small ones.
Most likely your issue derives from an internal SZ connection going bad.
If I had to take a wild guess, it should be somewhere on the mixer circuits (central board) that also holds the USB bus

In your place I would have the SZ serviced. It's quite an old controller by now, and no matter how well you have treated it, it has seen some beating.

PS: The reason I had seen a SZ open is the fact that I had mine serviced and I was present when they opened it.
In my case, the slightest touch on the "LOW" EQ knob on CH1 would actually kill the bass completely. I thought that I had to replace that knob, but it seems that actually it was a connection on the board instead loosing up.
It was serviced last summer, and due to Covid it has not been used much the last year, but it still worked perfectly this summer.

So, in order to sum it up, if the MIC port has the same issue as your computer,then it's a hardware issue and you should have your SZ serviced.

Inviato Thu 02 Sep 21 @ 9:19 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If it's a Dell, one of the default installed 'support' applications is known to cause DPC latency spikes that can cause such audio glitches.

You can use LatencyMon to check and confirm this, and then uninstall the responsible program. (I think Dell Support Assist or something like that but forgot which one exactly is the cause)

Inviato Fri 03 Sep 21 @ 5:46 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
PhantomDeejay wrote :
jakeritchie wrote :
It's a different issue now and I didn't post it here, but rather on a Virtual FB page some time ago.

If I may..
FB is the worst place to seek technical advise.
There are some nice persons there with good knowledge willing to help, BUT (and that's a very big BUT) you also get a ton of useless or misleading advises as well.
Also users usually tend to follow those misleading advises instead of taking their time to recognize the real helpful advises provided by members that know what they're talking about.
I have tried numerous times to help folks on FB, only to find out that instead of taking my advise that would solve their issue by as simple as flipping a setting, they would prefer to try every other weird thing any clueless guy would offer them.

Now, back to your issue(s)
In order to help we need to have full and clear communication.
The specs of your system(s) and your issue(s) are scattered on this entire thread.
That's not a good way to communicate.

So, please recap with all the information we could use to help you.
Like this:
EXAMPLE wrote :
System 1:
MAC Book Pro mid 2016, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, using an external NTFS drive, and DDJ-SZ controller.
Issues: After some time sound cut's off. This usually happens.. blah blah blah

System 2:
Windows 10, i5-6620, 8GB RAM, 512 SSD, using an external drive (the same as above), and DDJ-SZ controller.
Issues: After 3 hours, the sound muffles. It usually happens randomly when.. blah blah blah

That's clear communications.
Even if a guy wants to help you by connecting to your system remotely and trying to solve it out for you, he will need the above information before hand to know what to look for.

SO:
Recap now and give us ALL possible details about your system(s) and your issue(s) that could help us.
Without knowing where to start from, no one will even try to resolve your issue(s)

Using any social media for troubleshooting anything is an exercise in futility. The advice you get might be well have good intentions and, it might be someone wanting to cause a larger issue, soley for goofs and laughs. And, good advice for one person could be catastrophic for another.

I get the convenience but, I strongly advise anyone not to use social media to resolve problems.

Inviato Fri 03 Sep 21 @ 2:17 pm
I will look into this, thanks!

Adion wrote :
If it's a Dell, one of the default installed 'support' applications is known to cause DPC latency spikes that can cause such audio glitches.

You can use LatencyMon to check and confirm this, and then uninstall the responsible program. (I think Dell Support Assist or something like that but forgot which one exactly is the cause)

Inviato Fri 03 Sep 21 @ 10:01 pm
EXACTLY why I am here and trying to find chat/phone support. I am very aware that FB is not the place to seek the best advice, but I was on the Virtual DJ Official Support Group on Facebook, just FYI.

Tear Em 'Up wrote :
PhantomDeejay wrote :
jakeritchie wrote :
It's a different issue now and I didn't post it here, but rather on a Virtual FB page some time ago.

If I may..
FB is the worst place to seek technical advise.
There are some nice persons there with good knowledge willing to help, BUT (and that's a very big BUT) you also get a ton of useless or misleading advises as well.
Also users usually tend to follow those misleading advises instead of taking their time to recognize the real helpful advises provided by members that know what they're talking about.
I have tried numerous times to help folks on FB, only to find out that instead of taking my advise that would solve their issue by as simple as flipping a setting, they would prefer to try every other weird thing any clueless guy would offer them.

Now, back to your issue(s)
In order to help we need to have full and clear communication.
The specs of your system(s) and your issue(s) are scattered on this entire thread.
That's not a good way to communicate.

So, please recap with all the information we could use to help you.
Like this:
EXAMPLE wrote :
System 1:
MAC Book Pro mid 2016, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, using an external NTFS drive, and DDJ-SZ controller.
Issues: After some time sound cut's off. This usually happens.. blah blah blah

System 2:
Windows 10, i5-6620, 8GB RAM, 512 SSD, using an external drive (the same as above), and DDJ-SZ controller.
Issues: After 3 hours, the sound muffles. It usually happens randomly when.. blah blah blah

That's clear communications.
Even if a guy wants to help you by connecting to your system remotely and trying to solve it out for you, he will need the above information before hand to know what to look for.

SO:
Recap now and give us ALL possible details about your system(s) and your issue(s) that could help us.
Without knowing where to start from, no one will even try to resolve your issue(s)

Using any social media for troubleshooting anything is an exercise in futility. The advice you get might be well have good intentions and, it might be someone wanting to cause a larger issue, soley for goofs and laughs. And, good advice for one person could be catastrophic for another.

I get the convenience but, I strongly advise anyone not to use social media to resolve problems.

Inviato Fri 03 Sep 21 @ 10:07 pm
Dude, YOU ROCK. That was exactly what the issue was with the Dell laptop. I had the Dell Assistant deleted and all its folders and that glitch issue disappeared. After a year of trying to find a solution, that was it. Much appreciated.

For everyone else...I am testing the Macbook Pro on a rented Pioneer SZ to see if I encounter the sound drop out anymore which included the mic dropping out (having my SZ serviced in the meantime to see if there is an issue). I am trying to buy a new Pioneer 1000SRT, but they are on backorder until November. So, I will have to keep testing the SZ until then. Hopefully, by November I will know if it's the controller, the Mac, or VDJ. I'm leaning towards the controller, but we shall see.

Adion wrote :

Inviato Wed 22 Sep 21 @ 2:46 pm