Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Wedding Entrance Songs

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hello Folks, looking for a little help here. My daughter is getting married and we have been discussing her entrance song. She recently attended a wedding where the bride and groom came in to the room with Walking on Sunshine - Katrina and the Waves playing. She loved it. Problem is....the old can't do what someone else just did syndrome since it was a family members wedding.

Here's where I need suggestions from some of our pro Wedding DJ's. What is a similar type of song that might suffice? She is looking for an upbeat tune that talks about love.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Inviato Tue 21 Apr 09 @ 9:51 am
How bout:

Rob Base and DJ EZ Rock - It Takes 2

Devo - Whip It

Queen - Another One Bites The Dust

Beyonce - Crazy In Love

U2 - Beautiful Day

Black Eyed Peas - Let's Get It Started

Huey Lewis - Power Of Love

not all similar to Katrina and the Waves but songs I've used that were kind of out of the norm and they worked well.

Inviato Tue 21 Apr 09 @ 10:48 am
Uncle Kracker - Follow Me
Frozen Ghost - Dreams Have Come True
Colin James & The Little Big Band - Surely (I love you)
John Micheal Montgomery - Sold! (Grundy County Auction incident)

Inviato Tue 21 Apr 09 @ 12:45 pm
Thank you guys for the response. I like the suggestions, I'll forward to her to see what her thoughts are. Any other suggestions still welcome.

Inviato Tue 21 Apr 09 @ 7:23 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I do a lot of weddings. It pays for my new gear. I sit down and let the bride and groom decide, EJ. Believe it or not, I still get a lot of requests for The Peter Gunn Theme, The Tonight Show Theme, and The late show with David Letterman Theme for introduction music. Being from the Chicago area Alan Parson's Project and a Bull's type intro still gets a lot of requests too. I even did one wedding reception, this time last year, where the bride and groom walked into Take Me Out to a Ball Game. That was a fun reception, everyone was wearing their favorite baseball team jersey......

Inviato Tue 21 Apr 09 @ 8:16 pm
friend of mine had this played for her recessional a couple of years ago - jimmy cliff's I Can See Clearly Now. i could see that being used for the processional as well.
and just to prove i'm not the only weirdo in the family: my brother swore that if he ever got married again, he'd walk down the aisle to "The Addams Family" tv theme... and yeah... he did.

in the end its up to the customer. no matter how odd.

Inviato Wed 22 Apr 09 @ 6:20 am
Please keep them coming folks.... New Jersey/Long Island Wedding so country doesn't fit.... Although I appreciate the suggestions. It is my daughter so it's kinda personal. BTW..she hired a band LOL. To there credit they can play just about anything. I swear the one girl is Beyonce...and there is a Jay Z guy too. LOL. Credit where it's due. Upbeat tune about love..that's the goal. Anyone?

Inviato Wed 22 Apr 09 @ 7:54 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Billy Ocean's - Caribbean Queen (No More Love On the Run) - Is my personal favorite for the entrance.

Inviato Wed 22 Apr 09 @ 9:32 pm
jimmy cliff.. don't think i could call him a country singer. unless the country was jamaica.

Inviato Thu 23 Apr 09 @ 2:00 pm
Hello Folks, looking for a little help here. My daughter is getting married and we have been discussing her entrance song. She recently attended a wedding where the bride and groom came in to the room with Walking on Sunshine - Katrina and the Waves playing. She loved it. Problem is....the old can't do what someone else just did syndrome since it was a family members wedding.

Here's where I need suggestions from some of our pro Wedding DJ's. What is a similar type of song that might suffice? She is looking for an upbeat tune that talks about love.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Hi! Your daughter and I have the same taste in music. I just got married last Dec. 18 and we had an upbeat wedding song , too, but a classic one titled True by Spandau Ballet so the old and young can relate to it. It is, after all, a timeless song. Our wedding DJ in Long Island is a genius and I highly recommend him.

Inviato Sun 03 Jan 10 @ 5:46 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
What about Black Eyed Peas Let's Get It Started?

Inviato Sun 03 Jan 10 @ 6:07 pm
What I Like About You - The Romantics

Inviato Tue 05 Jan 10 @ 4:50 pm
I Went To Your Wedding - Spike Jones & His City Slickers

Inviato Wed 06 Jan 10 @ 9:05 am

Inviato Wed 06 Jan 10 @ 2:42 pm
hippydog wrote :
http://djintelligence.com/charts/DJIntelligenceMostRequestedWedding2009.pdf

Nice, thanks man!

Inviato Thu 07 Jan 10 @ 9:10 am
mate has to be black eyed peas i gotta feeling.then that sublime message stays in peoples head for the night.
or how about living in america james brown

Inviato Thu 07 Jan 10 @ 2:45 pm
I know this is an older post, but I think a similar themed song to "Walking On Sunshine" would be "I'll Melt With you" by Modern English. About the same BPM, uplifting music, and a great Wedding message with the lyrics...

Inviato Wed 20 Jan 10 @ 8:43 pm
Heres some advise, Don't use Roxette - It must have been love but its over now, or Beautiful South - Dont marry her. lol.

Inviato Sun 24 Jan 10 @ 3:52 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
only for the brave.... Shotgun Wedding

Inviato Mon 25 Jan 10 @ 10:30 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)