Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mac version 4.3 available ! (FOR PRO USERS ONLY) - Page: 2

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

We should send someone to ConQuest's pad - he may have had a heart attack...

I am super thrilled that I can finally get Traktor off my Mac. Whew!~

Inviato Thu 29 Mar 07 @ 2:05 am
Not so fast guys, we have some work to do. May have to leave Traktor on there for now.

Inviato Thu 29 Mar 07 @ 3:05 am
Yeah, I notice in the MAC version that it doesn't list directories or file names...just shows a directory icon and music file icon. Only when you load it in the deck does it show ID3 tag information. Also, Fonts are a little off... BPM and Elapsed Time are bunched together. It's making progress but it's not yet ready for the mainstage.

Inviato Thu 29 Mar 07 @ 3:53 am
Also notice that default samples are there but no sample name actually shows up unless it's selected for a deck. The default effects show no names but are there and will show a name when it's loaded into the deck. And what's up with only 3 video transitions and 3 video effects compared to the PC version??

Inviato Thu 29 Mar 07 @ 4:13 am
Let's not forget..A lot of effects on the PC version were created by users. :-) ... When VDJ Pro first came out, i bet it wasn't the best thing in town, but with the help of users like me and you, it became an awesome piece of software.

If we are having these problems, then the beta testers must of been having the same issues (as you can tell from the opening screen, it says Virtual DJ 4.2 BETA. They probably released to see if other users out there can correct some issues and create more and better things for it

So lets work together so we can make those Windows users want to switch over to a Mac ;-)

Inviato Thu 29 Mar 07 @ 4:24 am
Ya know - VDJ with some bugs is still better than Traktor. Is it just me or are the EQs and kills more effective in this version as well? Maybe its just the mac....

Great job team and THANK YOU! Plus I wanna thank you guys for these forums... the support is far superior to any other product on the market.

Inviato Thu 29 Mar 07 @ 4:44 am

I quickly tested the Mac version on my MacBook yesterday night. I did not perform as much tests I wanted because I was call to mix in order to replace a friend in a music bar.
Anyway, I'm positively surprised by this new version. Each basic function I tested worked. Only some display problems (files and folder, bmp & elapsed time...) and lack of effects and samples. But it's the 1st release.
The baby looks promising.

Inviato Thu 29 Mar 07 @ 2:27 pm
skyfxl wrote :
or hes in shock and cant reply lol

LOL!!!

That kind of surprises can make someone fool :)

Inviato Thu 29 Mar 07 @ 3:38 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Maybe he's busy switching back to windows, just to stay controversial... ;-)

Inviato Thu 29 Mar 07 @ 7:24 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
djsherz wrote :

haha

Inviato Thu 29 Mar 07 @ 7:31 pm
djsherz wrote :

Perhaps now he's trying to get his freinds - that he ALWAYS was mentioning to try VDJ.

Wern't some of those guys flogging sertao on youtube?

Inviato Thu 29 Mar 07 @ 9:29 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
***fix***

For all who have fonts problem, just download and install it again :D

Inviato Fri 30 Mar 07 @ 2:08 pm
metiznPRO InfinityMember since 2005
the only new thing i recogniced was that it says "version 4.3" instead of "version 4.2 beta".

font problem still there

Inviato Fri 30 Mar 07 @ 3:15 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Great news, a new market for VDJ!
Really people, Conquest is not yet to be seen, what happened to him?

Inviato Fri 30 Mar 07 @ 3:45 pm
Hello everyone,

I'm very intersted in the Mac version but I'm sorry I can not find a demo on the website... how does it work ?

Inviato Fri 30 Mar 07 @ 3:56 pm
Demo is not yet available. It's looking good, just a couple things that need fixing.

Inviato Fri 30 Mar 07 @ 4:02 pm
thanks ! Great news I can't wait !!!!!!!!

Inviato Fri 30 Mar 07 @ 4:05 pm
re-downloaded and re-installed.... it does say 4.3 now, but the font problem is still there.

Inviato Fri 30 Mar 07 @ 9:06 pm
FONT's are soooooo messed up, what was all that bs about making sure the release went completely smooth ConQuest???? this is a major set back and you guys should of took your time on something as simple as a font error...I'm a little T.O.'ed to say the least. And there's only 4 effects.

Inviato Sat 31 Mar 07 @ 5:19 am
Can you please tell me where I can download a mac version of V DJ ? Also can you please send to my email my license . My old pc is now busted up , and I have two macs .

Inviato Sun 01 Apr 07 @ 1:45 pm
38%