Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Itunes with very problems

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

LocutosPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I have all my music in my macbook pro in itunes and the information about the music are switched or bad! In Itunes everything is perfect, the name of the album, genres, titles and all the info but virtual dj is getting it all very wrong! With the amount of music that I have is getting very difficult to navigate and opertate the software!!!

Do I make my self clear?!

Inviato Wed 03 Dec 08 @ 7:34 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
and all your iTunes are m4a tracks correct?

VirtualDJ only reads the MP3 ID3Tags. If the file is not MP3 then tags are NOT read.

Stop using iTunes and use the VirtualDJ environment to maintain your music.

Inviato Wed 03 Dec 08 @ 9:40 pm
Hello Locutos,

If you want to convert your M4a files into MP3 format in iTunes (and use MP3 files with the appropriate tags in VirtualDJ), you can also.
- Run iTunes
- On iTunes Top Bar, click on iTunes > Preferences
- Go to "Advanced" Tab
- Open "Importing" menu
- Select "MP3 Encoder" to in the field "Import Using"
- Select the quality you want in the "Setting" field: "Higher Quality (192 kbps)" is good and compatible with everything. If you want a higher quality, you can select "Custom" and define a higher quality up to 320 kbps, but a benefit of MP3 format is compatibility with DVD or CD audio players, and players can play MP3 only up to 192 Kbps.
- Click on OK
- Go to the playlist / library of the files you want to convert
- Select the files
- Push down the Ctrl button and click on the selected files group to call the iTunes conversion menu
- Select "Convert selection to MP3" and go.

These audio files will be converted in MP3, and if you store them in playlists dedicated to MP3, you can use these files with the proper tag in VirtualDJ.

If you generally prefer M4A format, don't forget to go back into iTunes > Preferences > Advanced > Importing menu to restore your AAC default setting otherwise all the audio files you will now import in iTunes (podcast and CD-Audio format) will be directly imported in MP3 format.

Inviato Thu 04 Dec 08 @ 8:23 am
I hava a apple MacBookPro and I'm having a lot of problems usig Virtual Dj for mac!!!

I can't create any playlist on Virtual Dj in the left side bar called "Folders"

On the left side bar named "Folders" when I click on itunes, it doesn't do or make anything... I'm click and click but it remains the same!!!

I was under the impression that everything I put in the itunes application was already able to use directly without make any changing or alteration on virtual dj application!!! What I am trying to say is that, any changing that I make on itunes application isn't suppose to repercute also on the Virtual Dj application???

The reason why I'm desesperate is because on my apple laptop I only import music to the itunes application, because I also have an ipod!!!

On the pc it was very simple... I created the folders and the Virtual Dj application open it!!! But not on the Virtual Dj Mac version!!! Why?!

Please somebody help me!!!

Inviato Sun 21 Dec 08 @ 9:51 pm
By the way... all my tags are mp3!!!

Inviato Sun 21 Dec 08 @ 9:52 pm
Hello Locutos,

With VirtualDJ Pro 5.2.1 on Mac

a) to create a virtual folder in the left folder browser
- I click on the blue + sign with a red folder.
- It calls a window called Filename with a field where I type the name of the virtual folder.
- The New created virtual folder appears at the end of the list of the files in the Folder Browser (after the iTunes, Playlists, Movies and Music folders).
- If I want to move my virtual folder up, I select the folder, and I push on Ctrl+Mouse click to cal the menu with a "Move Up" command. When I select "Move Up", the virtual folder moves up of 1 step.

b) To explore iTunes playlists
- I click on iTunes logo.
- It develops the playlists of iTunes and I can go in the playlist I want.
And yes, as you expected, any change I have made in iTunes playlist (when I use iTunes, with VirtualDJ closed) is readable in iTunes playlists afterwards in VirtualDJ, but I cannot change iTunes playlists from VirtualDJ, I must open iTunes to change iTunes files.

Inviato Mon 22 Dec 08 @ 9:48 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)