Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: The Pitch

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello everyone. I have a issue that I have been tackling for weeks now. I cannot get my pitch to stay at a bpm that I set it on. It fluctuates so much that when I try to beatmach the incoming song, it's a headache. Can someone please help me with this. I a running TCV's with a Maya 44 sound card.

Thanks
Rish

Inviato Thu 11 Dec 08 @ 3:35 pm
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Setting the pitch sensitivity to a higher or even zero (0) value doesn't change or help stabilize the fluctuating pitch, for the display pitch it will do the trick but not the real pitch.
You can do an experiment by loading the same song on the 2 deck then alter the pitch sensitivity (one setting at a time). It will surely mismatch in time.
It's mainly maybe because of the warped vinyl and the needle contact. Hope VDJ can improve this issue soon.

Inviato Fri 12 Dec 08 @ 1:58 am
arfurHome userMember since 2007
>>>It's mainly maybe because of the warped vinyl and the needle contact. Hope VDJ can improve this issue soon.

I don't think VDJ can do anything to improve THAT problem! The speed that the record is travelling relative to the vinyl is the absolute reference. It don't think it is possible to fix this problem in software, at least not without affecting responsiveness... filtering out warble at a frequency of 0.55Hz means a 2 second delay and will make beatmatching by conventional means totally impossible.

I think getting your decks serviced and getting non-warped vinyl is the only way out of that corner.

Inviato Fri 12 Dec 08 @ 7:52 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)