Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Starting a loop from a cue point

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Let's say I am playing a track and there is a section of the song where I want to loop 8 beats. For example, take the song "That's the Way I Like it". I loop that vocal section which is actually 8 beats. How do I jump immediately to that loop I want later in the song? Are there any plugins that will do this? I can't figure this out. The only way it seems is to set a cue point and jump to it, and then try to press the loop in and out, but that is too much button pressing.

Thanks.

Inviato Thu 18 Dec 08 @ 2:52 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
in keyboard shortcuts, map the same key to the goto_cue(number) and
loop(8) to create a macro, so it will jump to the cue point and loop
automatically.

Inviato Thu 18 Dec 08 @ 7:29 am
Erxon, that didn't work for me. When I did exactly what you said, it would not work unless I pressed the "L" key twice, not once. If you push the "L" key twice, you will hear a skipping back which does not sound good. Are you sure that you don't have to press the "L" key twice for this to work?

Inviato Thu 18 Dec 08 @ 11:30 pm
legaldeejay wrote :
Erxon, that didn't work for me. When I did exactly what you said, it would not work unless I pressed the "L" key twice, not once. If you push the "L" key twice, you will hear a skipping back which does not sound good. Are you sure that you don't have to press the "L" key twice for this to work?

Yep, only needs to be pressed once. Macros are a power feature in VDj for
exactly that reason, one press - more functions execute at once. The order
in which you put the commands is important however, as this will be the
order in which software will execute them, so if you put loop before cue
it will only jump to the chosen cue number (loop will be disengaged on jump).

BTW, what version are you using? Be sure to check out the latest trial
(even though the picture from above is from an older version of VDJ
and works just as well).

Inviato Fri 19 Dec 08 @ 1:50 am
I am using the latest version. I even changed the order as you said, and it still does not work right. Sometimes it will just go to the cue point and not loop, other times the loop will be created at the spot where the track is playing, instead of from cue 1. I am using the "S" key as the shortcut, and I made sure that no other commands are assigned to this letter. In the settings for both shortcuts, it is set to "default deck".

I just tested it now. When I pushed "S", it did not go to the right cue point, and the loop was created somewhere else!!! I am using XP and a Microsoft keyboard.

Please help!!

Inviato Fri 19 Dec 08 @ 6:18 am
I'm sorry mate, I have no idea what's causing this. I can show you a video,
the full version works always correctly, goes to cue and loops for specified
number. Hope someone else here will post a solution.

Just a question you don't have to answer, have you ever used by any chance
a cracked version of VDj on this operating system? It's not an accusation
or anything, but there were examples on this board when the trial or full
legal version didn't work properly because of previous faulty cracked version
installations.

Inviato Fri 19 Dec 08 @ 12:13 pm
Erxon:

I really would appreciate a video demonstration of this. I installed the trial version on my computer at work and created these two shortcuts, and it STILL does not work right. It will work after the first few presses, but if I do it repeatedly, it will create the loop at a different point in the track, not from the cue point, and the wave at the top will disappear with only the small colored boxes showing. This confirms for me that the keyboard macros are buggy.

So testing this on 3 separate machines with Windows XP Home, your suggestion is not working.

Inviato Mon 29 Dec 08 @ 1:19 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)