Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Help with ripping promo only video's

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I plan to start converting all my promo only dvd's as of Jan 2009. I own IMTOODVD dvd ripper but can't figure out the best settings. Since hard drive storage is cheap to buy, I'd prefer to maintain the absolute best quality (as close to the original as possible), hence rip to vob.

Is there anyone currently using IMTOODVD and what are your standard settings for ripping your music video's with this software.

Thanks to all

Inviato Thu 18 Dec 08 @ 12:33 pm

Inviato Fri 19 Dec 08 @ 2:46 am
Thanks for the link, but was hoping to rip to vob format not wma. Anyone using IMTOODVD?

Inviato Fri 19 Dec 08 @ 11:11 am
the program, DJExtracor, uses DVD Decrypter to rip the DVDs
and rips them into single(chapter) vob files
no compression
original quality
file size 150~200MB per vob file

how are you planning to name(tag) your files after ripping with IMTOODVD ?
manually copy paste(artist - title) ?
did you consider this ?

Inviato Fri 19 Dec 08 @ 1:57 pm
The DVD ripper that comes with Virtual DJ works with Promo Only DVDs. It will copy them out to VOB format with no compression or changes to the original content.

Also, TopHouse has written a blog using DVDdecrypter to rip DVDs to VOB format. Plus using DVDdecrypter if you have DVDs that have multiple audio tracks you can select which track you want to rip out to the VOB.

http://www.virtualdj.com/homepage/TopHouse/blogs/1694/Ripping_VOBS_Using_DVDDecrypter.html

Just remember when ripping videos out to VOB be sure and name them in this format "Artist - Song Name.vob".

Inviato Fri 19 Dec 08 @ 2:57 pm
Thanks to all.

Another question, how come in IMTOODVD when I select to rip to vob I can choose to have it rip to best video and audio quality? Does this make a difference (other than just a bigger file size)? My assumption when converting to vob was that the video was uncompressed, hence already in best video and audio quality?

Inviato Sat 20 Dec 08 @ 3:59 am
Udpate

I tried dj extractor, however it does not give me the correct track listings since my Promo Only Subscription is Canadian not US (tried to reconfigure with no success). Looks like I'm stuck doing the tags manually.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Inviato Tue 23 Dec 08 @ 11:17 am
try this

go to http://www.promoonlycanada.com/insider/dvd_database.php
select your series
next
month/year
tab delimited text
your prefered order(usually "artist name")
download

you can import these txt files into DJExtractor
in order to import go to file>browse for listings
(you won't be able to click on it without at least selecting service name, series type & series name)

if you play around with it a little bit
i'm sure you will figure out a way to tag those canadian promo onlys

Inviato Tue 23 Dec 08 @ 1:58 pm
I tried everything I could to make it work. It just won't work! On the forum of DJextractor, it's a known problem, but the creator has no intention of fixing it.

Any other software suggestions?

Inviato Tue 23 Dec 08 @ 7:24 pm
Hello All,

I am new to the Forums and need some help. I am having a hell of a time with my Promo Only Music Video DVD's. How can I get them into Cue 5 video with Artist and Title information? I have about 40 that I need in by tomorrow for a Inauguration gig. I have heard through the Forum that SmartRipper is good then I read DJ Extractor. I want something easy to use yet powerful in its quality. I will be projecting onto 20 big screens and want top quality.

Thanks for your quick help,

Marc

Inviato Mon 19 Jan 09 @ 11:01 am
As long as you keep the files in VOB and don't re-encode your going to get the best quaility from the DVD. All rippers do basically the same thing since it sounds like your trying to rip 40 PromoOnly DVDs sounds like DJ Extractor is going to be the best tool for your use. Just don't re-encode the VOB file when using DJ Extractor.

Adding VOBs to VirtualDJ is no different than adding MP3s just have to make sure your videos are named in this format "Artist - Song Name.vob".

Inviato Mon 19 Jan 09 @ 2:25 pm
Thanks for your help. I have in the meantime downloaded and started ripping with DJ Extractor. I have found it okay but am frustrated by the fact it will not allow me to choose the destination folder. I see where that option is available but when I go to choose it it defaults back to the application folder. I want to rip to my external drive for transport. I was able to stop it once and select my external but it runs so fast it starts ripping before it gives you time to select the drive.

Any suggestions?

Also I am ripping 40 full DVD's and Numark Cue 5 is Virtual DJ for those who asked.

Another question; How can I get album covers in in the file for Cue 5 as fast as this DJ Extractor gets the Artist and Title? Am I dreaming?

Thanks,

Marc

Inviato Mon 19 Jan 09 @ 2:32 pm
I vote DJ Extractor Too... Worked great for me. Just did VOB output

Donate to the author of the program if you can saved us all a lot of time.

Inviato Mon 19 Jan 09 @ 11:56 pm
djqcPRO InfinityMember since 2006
At this time i use DVDShrink, without compression, works great, very easy. But i'll try Dj Extractor right now.

Inviato Tue 27 Jan 09 @ 11:51 pm
djpr1PRO InfinityMember since 2008

Inviato Wed 28 Jan 09 @ 7:28 am
hi. I read top houses guide to ripping dvds with dvd decrypter, and ripped my faithless dvd in 17 vob files no probs. When i play them with vdj some tracks are ok. Others play the sound really slow? Any ideas?

Inviato Thu 29 Jan 09 @ 1:08 am
Hey whats up guys? I have not had any problems with my software and promo only video's but I have had a long time problem. does anyone know how to save or possibly burn a video mix to DVD I want to make some promo's and make copies of my shows so I can watch them later. So far the only way I have been able to do this is to record my outgoing transmittion on a external device. if anyone has any tips I would like to hear from you. thanks Nick

Inviato Sun 08 Feb 09 @ 12:19 pm
DJ00nick wrote :
Hey whats up guys? I have not had any problems with my software and promo only video's but I have had a long time problem. does anyone know how to save or possibly burn a video mix to DVD I want to make some promo's and make copies of my shows so I can watch them later. So far the only way I have been able to do this is to record my outgoing transmittion on a external device. if anyone has any tips I would like to hear from you. thanks Nick

In my opinion there is no viable option to recording video mixes using the "record" function in VDJ as you need to use the internal mixer and headphones and that is a real pain. I record mine out to a cheap external DVD Recorder I bought at Wal-Mart for $89.00 and run the sound through my external mixer just as you woul dhave done a mix tape in the old days.

Inviato Mon 23 Feb 09 @ 1:55 am
dj-e-lectric wrote :
DJ00nick wrote :

In my opinion there is no viable option to recording video mixes using the "record" function in VDJ as you need to use the internal mixer and headphones and that is a real pain. I record mine out to a cheap external DVD Recorder I bought at Wal-Mart for $89.00 and run the sound through my external mixer just as you woul dhave done a mix tape in the old days.

That's way funny before I saw this reply I went to wal-mart and bought the el-cheapo Magnavox DVD recorder and I was shocked at how great the picture quaity is. I would suggest recording from an external device to anyone having the same problem.

Inviato Fri 27 Feb 09 @ 6:45 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)