Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: problems using 2 external sound cards

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

pondrooHome userMember since 2007
hi all!

i have serious problems with using 2 external sound cards on my macbook pro (intel core2duo 2.4, 15", 2gb ram).
i always wanted to try making mixes with a headphone,but i never had the possibility. 'til today:)
my built-in headphone output is broken,so i tried using 2 external sound cards,one for the speakers,and one different for the headphones.
a digidesign hwOO2 audio interface (the version with a control interface) for the speakers (it's connected via firewire) ,and an m-audio transit usb (connecting via the usb port).
so i tried to use them at the same time, in the config i set the output settings to "headphones", and the sound card settings to "2 sound cards" .
until that moment,the music was fully OK on the speakers, but after i clicked on the "2 sound cards" settings, it started to be like krrrrrrkrrrrshshhhhhhhtrriiiiiiaasdlkkawes. same in the headphones.
if i set it to "simple",its OK again. so it looks like virtualdj cant use them in the same time,and i'm very disappointed...
the program version i'm using is 4.3.r13.

i've already tried some settings in the AUDIO MIDI setup in my OSX1o.5.5, sample rates,clock sources,etc.,but it didnt work either.

i would be grateful for any advices (connected to my problems,of course:)).

and sry if my english is broken a bit.

thank you all in advance

Inviato Thu 08 Jan 09 @ 5:26 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Pls purchase the programs as it will give u a stable version.

Hope to see u with us soon;)

Inviato Thu 08 Jan 09 @ 6:09 am
yeah,it's OK,i'm just a follower of the "try before you buy" method.
i won't spend money on a software before knowing it.
so you say it's only unstable,because it's a demo version?

Inviato Thu 08 Jan 09 @ 6:51 am
Sorry, there is no mac demo atm. The first mac version is not stable as the latest ones.

Inviato Thu 08 Jan 09 @ 7:03 am
thx for all the support:)

Inviato Thu 08 Jan 09 @ 7:10 am
To fully utilized the mac version u need to have the legal version and u will also have the access to the goodies and free updates etc. You will always be welcome here n i do hope u will join us too;)

Inviato Thu 08 Jan 09 @ 7:27 am
hello,

I'm a LE version user (purchesed along with total control) and have almost the same problem.
Cue is running on macbook with mac os x. i would like to use 2 soundcards, oboard for monitring and m-audio audiophile usb for main.
it works well while being on single mode... both with maudio and onboard. but the main sound (maudio) is getting distirted and choppy when trying to use 2 cards... it sounds like it's using wrong driver... but it's just my wild guess.
Does anybody know how to fix it?
aha.. already updated cue. didn't help.

regards

T

Inviato Thu 08 Jan 09 @ 8:38 am
already tried it. but then i just get no sound from the onboard.

Inviato Fri 09 Jan 09 @ 6:55 am
i just tried to change sample rate... so it's the same everywhere... and now i have no sound from both cards when choosing the agregated :) the decks just won't play...
i switched the onboard to 48 to mach the audiophile... i think there is no possibility to change audiophile to 44... at least i cannot see the option
argh!!! this is frustrating :)

Inviato Fri 09 Jan 09 @ 8:07 am
sooo.....
after hours of fooling around with soundcard settings i finally got it to work the way it should... !!!!
i don't know what acually worked but mainly i was fooling around with sample rate and bit depth... also i switch off spdif out and in in my maudio audiophile.....
i have changed sample rate of audiophile to 44... with 16 bit depth
the onbord is also 44 but with 24 bit... weird
but it works that way... set to two soundcards in cue

i'm really not sure why and how it works now :) but the most important thing is that it acually works!!!!

Inviato Fri 09 Jan 09 @ 5:27 pm
Cool u get it solved;)

Hope u also have followed my latency and performance advice sent through PM. Yes different setting can make the deck not moving/responding.

Regards;)

Inviato Fri 09 Jan 09 @ 7:34 pm
oh... didn't notice the pm :) thanx for all the info though... and yes i also was fooling around with latency settings... maybe that was it :)

Inviato Sat 10 Jan 09 @ 3:11 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)