Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How to Create a Custom Mapper

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi,

I just bought an Xponent, and would like to learn how all this midi mapping works. I tried searching the forum and Google the past 4 day's trying to find some tutorial and such, but nothing seems to be availible.

Could somebody please help me understand how it works and how i can create my own. I know theres some already availible made by some users, i would like to know how to make my own.

Thanks in advance.

Inviato Fri 16 Jan 09 @ 8:00 am
Dj Cid K wrote :
Hi,

I just bought an Xponent, and would like to learn how all this midi mapping works. I tried searching the forum and Google the past 4 day's trying to find some tutorial and such, but nothing seems to be availible.

Could somebody please help me understand how it works and how i can create my own. I know theres some already availible made by some users, i would like to know how to make my own.

Thanks in advance.

I can help you if want... Dont expect ATOMIX to help you... I can give you my email or msn
and we can talk about anything i know about MIDI ,incase to help you.

Inviato Fri 16 Jan 09 @ 8:36 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
giannoulopoulos wrote :

I can help you if want... Dont expect ATOMIX to help you... I can give you my email or msn
and we can talk about anything i know about MIDI ,incase to help you.

Give it a rest already; you've had all your questions answered. You bought an (at this moment) unsupported controller and are crying about it. We've tried to help you, but all you are interested in is mud-slinging.

Dj Cid K wrote :
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

If you want to map via General MIDI, then you can do so using the learn function. Limitations of this at present are:

* No output support - so no LEDs, progress bars or VU meters.
* No complex function support - so no shift buttons, combos, sequences or modes.

It does however allow you to get basic control enabled for an unsupported controller, or a controller with no fancy features. I use it for my Ecler Evo 5, since that requires no output but has masses of input functionality to control VDJ with.

A custom mapper is created in C++ using the Virtual DJ SDK. This allows you to do pretty much anything. I've written one such mapper for the Xponent, which implements pretty much full controller support for audio and video mixing, along with sample and effect control. It also supports LEDs, progress bars and VU meters. It's available for download to professional edition users.

Inviato Fri 16 Jan 09 @ 9:13 am
Think u can add me on msn ??? Would love to talk to someone that knows what he's doing.

My msn: *******************

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Sorry email addresses from No License Users is not permitted.

Inviato Fri 16 Jan 09 @ 12:15 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
welcome Cid to the pro side...

Inviato Sun 18 Jan 09 @ 4:28 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)