Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Favorites

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

On my Macbook Pro, using VDJ Mac 5.2.1, every time I close and reopen the program, I lose my favorites, and have to select them all over again. Is there a trick to saving them that is different on a Mac vs. a PC?

Inviato Sun 01 Feb 09 @ 5:36 pm
xonorPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi.

Maybe you're having permissions problems.

Open your "documents", and alternate clic on "virtualdj" folder and get info.
Then, give write permissions to all the users.

Inviato Sun 01 Feb 09 @ 6:10 pm
It is a permission problem as "xonor" said.

I had the exact same problem - took me hours to figure it out.

Inviato Sun 01 Feb 09 @ 6:44 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Go to the /Documents/ folder and Control+Click (right click) on the VirtualDJ folder
Choose the Get Info menu choice
Then in the bottom right corner of the Get Info dialog you need to click on the pad-lock and unlock it (will prompt you for you user password)

Then just above that to the left is the Permissions list. Make sure your user account has Read/Write permissions set.

Just below the Permissions box there is a button with a gear graphic on it - click that and choose the 'apply to all included' items

Once changed, close the box to Apply the changes.

*** If you are using External Drives follow the same process for each VirtualDJ Database v5.xml file on the ROOT of each drive.

Inviato Sun 01 Feb 09 @ 7:28 pm
Thank you all, especially cstoll, for the detailed description.

I do use an external drive, and cannot seem to get the same permission options. I can only "read" from the external, and cannot find a way to change this. Am I doing this right?

Update (20 minutes later):

I rebooted, after changing these permissions, started VDJ 5.2.1 (Mac) and set a favorite folder on the internal hard drive. Shut down VDJ, and reopened it. It's still not saving my favorite.

Update (about an hour later):

I was trying to get all my file types working on the MacBook Pro. I did audio only for several hours flawlessly, over the weekend, but tonight, whenever I try and use an mp3+g or a music video, VDJ crashes. I had a crash (hang) so severe that I had to turn the MBP off with the power button. When I rebooted, it took a VERY long time to recover.

Inviato Tue 03 Feb 09 @ 10:37 pm
Do you have favorites checked off in the browser section of the config menu? VDJ will still let you create a folder and it will appear in the browser panel for that session but but it won't appear the next time you boot up UNLESS you check favorite folders in the config menu.

Inviato Wed 04 Feb 09 @ 7:24 am
dizzyrocks2001 wrote :
Do you have favorites checked off in the browser section of the config menu? VDJ will still let you create a folder and it will appear in the browser panel for that session but but it won't appear the next time you boot up UNLESS you check favorite folders in the config menu.

Yes.

The same is true in the Windows version(s) of VDJ, which I've used for about 3 years. I know far less about OSX and my MacBook Pro.

Inviato Wed 04 Feb 09 @ 12:11 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)