Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Add TV Output option for Video

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I am currently running a double laptop setup - one running Virtual DJ and the second running Grand VJ. I output the NTSC output from Virtual via S-Video into a Pyro AV/Link which I bring Firewire into the Grand VJ laptop. Grand VJ sees the input and treats it as a video stream so that I can add effects / visuals to it. It works well but there is a noticable decline in graphics quality when it goes through.

Is there a way to add a TV Output option to the Video settings in the Config Section? I am thinking there must be a way to send the output of the Virtual DJ to some sort of Live Output channel which I could then use as Live Input for Grand VJ?

Of course, this means I am dreaming that an MBP could handle both Grand VJ and Virtual DJ running at the same time - but I will cross that bridge next. That would also mean running two programs at the same time - and switching between apps. Thinking of that, does anyone have an idea of sending a video stream from one laptop to another - without having to downgrade to SVideo? Maybe (just dreaming) sending the video output of VDJ out the FireWire 400 port - and connecting it FW directly to the other laptop which would see it as a video input?

Any ideas?

Inviato Mon 09 Feb 09 @ 2:45 am
djron91 wrote :
Grand VJ sees the input and treats it as a video stream so that I can add effects / visuals to it. It works well but there is a noticable decline in graphics quality when it goes through.

It sounds like your problem is on your second laptop/within the GrandVJ program. You may want to try Arkaos support.

Inviato Mon 09 Feb 09 @ 7:31 am
I think the issue is going from DVI to VGA to SVideo to VideoCard to FW to the otherlaptop. If I could send the stream out of Virtual DJ to Grand VJ or to the other laptop directly - without all the down conversions, I think it would look a lot better.

Inviato Mon 09 Feb 09 @ 10:23 am
djron91 wrote :
without all the down conversions, I think it would look a lot better.

Yes, your decrease in resolution is definitely why the video looks worse. You are correct in pinpointing this as the issue.

You need to find a DVI (or equivalent...e.g. HDMI) video capture device for your second laptop. You will likely pay a large amount of money for this.

I'm confused as to what you're looking for Virtual DJ to do for you. You already have a successful output from your VDJ machine. The "TV Output" you're looking for is something you already have. The problem, like you stated above, is with the down-converting. This cannot be controlled or avoided by changing any settings with VDJ.

J

Inviato Mon 09 Feb 09 @ 2:34 pm
Thanks for your response - I guess I am not being clear. What I was looking to do in Virtual DJ - would be to create another kind of output that could be routed to another program running on the same laptop. This output could then be seen as an input on Grand VJ running on the same laptop. So instead of the Video output going out the DVI port or to the the window - it could be fed as an input to another program.

Does that make more sense?

Inviato Mon 09 Feb 09 @ 7:16 pm
Ah, yes that helps.

I don't think you can get Cue to do that for you. Cue would need to know how to interface with GrandVJ...which, for your rather specialized situation, would require some very intense programming (and make the price of Cue much higher).

http://www.vidvox.net/

Check out that link...maybe that will be what you're looking for.

Also, are you trying to do all of this with no latency? I'm assuming your video has to sync with your music...right? If this is the case, then I see your future....you're....spending...lots and lots of money...

J

PS - Don't try and do this on the same computer. You will need two.

Inviato Tue 10 Feb 09 @ 5:53 pm
Couldn't you just move the visuals from Visual DJ to Grand VJ instead and do all of your video in one spot? ALl you would need is the beat indicator from Virtual DJ.. is that possible?

Inviato Tue 10 Feb 09 @ 6:03 pm
Grand VJ doesn't play music videos or have the functionality to mix them.

Inviato Tue 10 Feb 09 @ 9:42 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)