Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: still having problems with my laptop crashing

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

after checking that everthing was working on my laptop, still when i play tracks,my laptop still crashes, i dont understand cause before i had it rebooted it was workng fine and the music would play with out and problems iam running a
compaq 1.60ghz with 1gig of ram and with vista home premium,
with this iam using a rmx with virtualdj 5 djc edition
i dont no if this has anything to do with it but i had a diffarant anti virus and some of my programs are diffarant aswell
please help thanks

Inviato Tue 24 Feb 09 @ 6:01 pm
Is this a single core or dual core?? If its single core it may be too underpowered for Vista at only 1gb ram??

Inviato Tue 24 Feb 09 @ 6:03 pm
isay pentium dual core on the outside but the details are
windows vista home premium sevice pack 1
processer genuine intel (r) cpu t2050@ 160ghz 160ghz
memory (ram)1.00 gb
system type 32 bit
is that any good to you

Inviato Tue 24 Feb 09 @ 6:23 pm
Ok its a dual core. Might want to check and make sure all your drivers are up to date including adding DirectX 9.0c.

Inviato Tue 24 Feb 09 @ 6:45 pm
ok still having a little problem everytime i try todownload the updates its gets half way thought and the say windows setup. has stopped working i thing i got the drives thought

Inviato Wed 25 Feb 09 @ 4:35 am
your laptop is way too slow to do any serious digital djing. from your info posted is a single core. you need more than 1 gig of ram running for any djing program to work right. also you have firewalls, virus protection and im sure 50 processes running on xp right now. if you plan on using this laptop for djing get rid of all the programs not used for djing and tweek the hell out of your services and system. google search windows xp tweeks and you should find a bunch.

Inviato Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 9:33 am
sorry i just seen that your on vista. then your def too slow with a single core 1.6. but if you go to www.blackviper.com he has some great vista tweeks on there that help performance.

Inviato Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 9:35 am
He is running a 1.6 dual core. May want to see if you can add another 1gb to RAM, maybe a fresh install of Vista as well. From what you have stated above this is a Windows issue not VDJ, so until you can get this bad boy purring, its gonna be hard to make VDJ run flawless.

Which update are you having issues with?? I know for a fact that the new .net update (think its 3.5) takes FOREVER to install.

Inviato Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 2:49 pm
cheers guys for all the help when i first got the laptop from a mate at work it had nothing on it i meen it was completly blank then one of my mates thats is good with laptops sorted it. its completily diffrant then to what its sound like now its got diffreant programs and was working fine ive got a diffrant anti vius so i dont no if thats make it working funny so iam gonna look at some other stuff what people have said and c if i can tweek it a little but i might need your help if thats ok

Inviato Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 6:54 pm
What Anti Virus???

Inviato Fri 27 Feb 09 @ 12:17 am
Considering you aren't connected to the internet while DJ'ing, I'd turn off all antivirus and firewall programs to boost performance. Turn off the wireless modem and all other programs running in the background. And yes...gat at least 2gb of RAM for Vista.

Inviato Mon 02 Mar 09 @ 10:13 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)