Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark Cue Effects

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello,

I am looking to expand my effects on Numark Cue (have latest version installed, tested, and running.) I have tried some plug ins of interest and when i went to test them earlier today (before an evening gig) it would cause Cue to momentarily freeze up. I have my effect "activate" and fader functions MIDI mapped to a Korg NanoPad. All the effects that are built in work just fine, except the TK Filter is sometimes poppy when first used (so I have to "break it in" once before I start my set.)

So this now brings me to a few questions:

1 - What Effects are suppose to come installed with Numark Cue? I only see like 7 or so. I have noticed other programs come with like 20+ (ie Traktor?)

2 - What are the best plug in effects that use the controls mapable via MIDI?

3 - What are the best plug in effects?

I have searched and found a plethera of options... but nothing really stating what are the best, most stable, and mapable to MIDI controls.

My SetUp:
Numark DMC2 Controller
Numark DJIO
Numark D2 Director
Numark Cue 5.X
Numark PPD9000 Mixer
Korg NanoPad
Gateway Intel DUO Core 1.7ghz, 2gb RAM, 320gb SATA drive, Windows Vista HP and I use Windows Live One Care for antivirus/maintenance ... and I ensure no automation is set to run anytime around my sets.

I am looking for stability first and foremost. I am also open to Cue Configuration settings? I think I have my config set closer to quality than speed and my DJIO is set to ultra latency.

I would really appreciate assistance here... and maybe the answer is just download 1 at a time vs wholesale, test, play, test again, play, test, test, test, etc... until I find those that never have issues.

Inviato Mon 02 Mar 09 @ 2:29 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djchad72 wrote :

1 - What Effects are suppose to come installed with Numark Cue? I only see like 7 or so. I have noticed other programs come with like 20+ (ie Traktor?)

There are 7 included in the installed but many more are downloadable from this website.

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/index.html

Quote :

2 - What are the best plug in effects that use the controls mapable via MIDI?

All VDJ effect parameters are controllable via midi, you can also use VST effects or freefame effects.

Quote :

3 - What are the best plug in effects?

Thats largely down to personal preference and style.

Quote :

I have searched and found a plethera of options... but nothing really stating what are the best, most stable, and mapable to MIDI controls.

Different options are tailored for different needs.

Please describe what you are looking for.

If ultra latency is working then that is fine, ultra latency is used for scratching and DVS usage. If you do not intend to use these features you may wish to turn this off to keep extra CPU spare for effects ect.

It is a good idea to always try new features/FX at home first each computer and OS build is different and may react differently to others.

While VDJ plugin or VST authors make every effort to ensure their software is stable different combinations of VSTs may cause issues.

Inviato Mon 02 Mar 09 @ 3:18 am
Great info. I have been pulling down plug ins from the VDJ site, and that is where I ran into a couple issues. I went in and deleted the files in the /effects as soon as I noticed issues with momentary freezing. I had a gig with in hours and I could not take any chances. :)

Good point on the ultra latency... i think it was checked by default and I didnt want to break what was working. What is DVS? I do not scratch in my sets, so no issue there. If I do not do whatever DVS is... perhaps I can disable that issue.

I come from the Numark CDN dual deck world where you have really great effects at your finger tips that you can interact with on your jog wheel. Phase, Sonar, Echo, Chop, Islolate, and Kill where my favorites features.

So far, the plug ins that I use with Cue are Flanger, Double Beat, BeatGrid, and TK Filter. I am a DJ that likes to control the suttlety of his effects, and not just an on/off switch.

Maybe I can retest some of the plug ins after I change the ultra lat setting. Also what are other settings that will help ensure performance over speed to load songs?

As far as MIDI goes, what I have found is I can control any effect's parameters as long as it used the 1 to 5 fader sliders. The TK Filter does not and therefore I can not control it with my touch pad on the NanoPad. However what I have found is that you need to select control to a single fader to your touch pad and not all... when i do that... all of the faders go from left to right with my pad. So any thoughts there would be great... is there a common fader that would be best to map to and leave the others off? I am just looking to try and get some control back with the effects that I had before. I am all for pointing and clicking...but the physical control is nice when you need to be in two places at once with the software.

Inviato Mon 02 Mar 09 @ 10:49 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djchad72 wrote :
Good point on the ultra latency... i think it was checked by default and I didnt want to break what was working. What is DVS? I do not scratch in my sets, so no issue there. If I do not do whatever DVS is... perhaps I can disable that issue.

Digital Vinyl System aka timecoded vinyls or cds. Sounds like its safe to disable this feature.

Quote :
Maybe I can retest some of the plug ins after I change the ultra lat setting. Also what are other settings that will help ensure performance over speed to load songs?

You may wish to use DJcels registry tool to enable speedload by default VDJ loads track slower to ensure that there are no hickups.
On modern machines like yours this is not needed any more.

I do not have a nano pad to try perhaps a user who has one can shed some light.

Inviato Mon 02 Mar 09 @ 11:38 am
Awe, okay that makes sense. I will turn off & test this effects again this week.

Is there a total effects package that is tested & certified to work in VDJ/Cue? Pay or Free? I am interested in more options than just the ones users have developed and tested, although they are nice.

Like I said earlier, i found a thread of VSTs users have found, but it does not really give pro/con, controls, specs, and how they work with VDJ/Cue... only that they were able to install and see them inside VDJ. I am just trying to narrow the filter a little on all that can be found on the world wide web to just a few that are worth while and stable... not freeware "it may work, it may not."

Inviato Mon 02 Mar 09 @ 1:27 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)