Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Audio crackle while playing tracks

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hey all,

So ever since i've started using VDJ i've noticed that there is a crackle, for lack of a better term, whenever I mix tracks. Basically anytime I try and do anything while a track is playing this happens. Using any part of the EQ, upping or dropping the gain and levels or using the crossfader all have cause this issue to happen. When I first noticed this I was under the impression that it was the cheap onboard sound card my computer has, but I have since upgraded to a creative sound blaster audigy and the issue persists. I have tried playing with the settings under the performance tab but nothing I've tried has any effect on the issue.

I am running the latest version of Windows XP 32bit and have the latest and greatest drivers creative has out for my sound card. I am using a M-Audio X Session Pro mixer, if it makes a difference, and that too has the latest device drivers. My System has an Athlon 64bit 2.41 GHz dual core processor and has 2GB of RAM. Also for what it's worth, a friend of mine also has noticed this issue with his system and he is running Vista 32bit on a laptop however I'm not sure of the system specs.

Inviato Thu 19 Mar 09 @ 1:59 am
Try adjusting the LATENCY settings within CONFIG.

Ideally you want them on the lowest setting without an distortion - but if you start quite high and work down - see what happens.

Inviato Thu 19 Mar 09 @ 6:21 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Performance Settings -

Move the Performance slider to the far left.
Set the Latency drop-down to Auto
UNCHECK - Safemode and Overclock.

Inviato Thu 19 Mar 09 @ 7:49 am
djpr1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Also you can try,

right click on your desktop>properties>settings>advance>troubleshoot>on hardware acceleration click back one line>apply>ok

Inviato Thu 19 Mar 09 @ 8:44 am
Performance Settings -

That did it! I could have sworn I tried that before but no more crackle while mixing. Thank you Sir!!! :D

Inviato Thu 19 Mar 09 @ 10:55 am
Glad it is resolved.

Hope to see you as a PRO user soon ;)

Inviato Thu 19 Mar 09 @ 9:11 pm
louraHome userMember since 2009

CNE for the valuable information
Accept greetings

Inviato Fri 20 Mar 09 @ 11:21 pm
VOG_PRO InfinityMember since 2006
cstoll wrote :
Performance Settings -

Should overlock be checked or unchecked not sure by the way that is written

Inviato Wed 25 Mar 09 @ 6:13 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)