Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: denon hs5500 midi issues

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I have looked here and at the denon forums. Curious if anyone can give me some help. I can run it no problem with the maya and timecode on thumb drive. But when i connect it midi, it only works for about 2 or 3 minutes, then no response from 5500 ie. no play, pause, layer, i have to use the mouse. it will work if I go to remote screen deactivate then activate, runs for about 5 minutes and looses connection or something.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the denon asio driver and updated the driver for the 5500. Any help I would really like to use this thing without the timecode.

my specs
1 denon hs5500
1 pioneer djm500
hp pavilion dv 9000 laptop with vista 32

Inviato Mon 30 Mar 09 @ 4:40 pm
anybody

Inviato Tue 31 Mar 09 @ 5:22 pm
szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
money grimes wrote :
with vista 32

When using Vista, you have to change the "Jog Trans" preset to 10ms or higher.
This setting is found in the preset mode or the button labeled (Memo/-Preset)

Inviato Wed 01 Apr 09 @ 10:19 am
thanks i'll try that

Inviato Wed 01 Apr 09 @ 1:54 pm
its working full controls but it sounds really bad like underwater or something. is there any other settings i need to change on either the denon or the vj software

Inviato Wed 01 Apr 09 @ 8:09 pm
You can search for all of my previous posts. I had the same problem. I ended up dual-booting my laptop to XP - I could not get this resolved in Vista. No problems with the MIDI in XP, except for the wavering of the sound when the platter is spinning. If you want to use the spinning platter, using the TC is the way to go for now. They should be addressing this issue with the next update, as the new 3700 uses the same setup. Everything else works pretty good though in MIDI - sound card, controls, etc...

Good Luck,

Inviato Thu 02 Apr 09 @ 2:49 am
ive been looking up how to set up the dual boot, do i need to buy xp to install it or is there an option thru the vista to set that up.

Inviato Fri 03 Apr 09 @ 3:41 am
Yea you will have to get a copy of XP. You can then repartition your hard drive in Vista to make room for the new OS. Install XP on teh new "D" drive, which will blow out the Vista Boot loader. You will then use Vista Boot Pro to fix your boot file and give you a choice to load into either XP or Vista. If you follow the steps right, it won't mess up anything on your Vista System. It's kind of a pain to do, but once it's done, it's done. I only use the XP for my DJ stuff, everything else is done on Vista.

Inviato Sun 05 Apr 09 @ 12:06 am
taipanic was kind enough to give me the XP tip when I encountered this same problem, I did dual boot on my laptop and it worked great under Windows XP.

Inviato Mon 06 Apr 09 @ 6:33 pm

Inviato Thu 16 Apr 09 @ 7:05 pm
I dont think its a VDJ problem, its actually a vista problem. The sound really sucks on Vista, it cracks etc. I have been Beta testing windows 7 and the sound is much improved on Windows 7. You can find windows XP cheaper on Ebay, just make sure you buy the full version, either retail or OEM.

Inviato Thu 23 Apr 09 @ 10:42 am

Inviato Tue 28 Apr 09 @ 8:29 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)