Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: New Setup

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey guys...hope you're all well in VDJ land.

OK, so i got myself a new laptop for karaoke and smaller gigs where my full setup is not completely necessary.

I've done a few shows with this thing and I love it...apart from the fact that i don't have a controller with it. However, I'm not doing anything major so i'm not too fussed about keyboard and touchmouse.

Anyway, mucking about tonight i've found the wonderful showlogo plugin, fantastic piece of work by the way!!! So, as I was saying, i've noticed that i'm clocking about 20-30% cpu usage when playing vids and just short of 20% when playing audio tracks only. Having checked out my WTM, i see that I've got 63 processes running and about another 40-50 that are listed but are stopped.

I want to use this for karaoke and smaller gigs, like i said. I also want to use it comfortably to do video where possible. It's been fine up to now but i want to refine its performance a wee bit.

Can anyone suggest if any of these services can be stopped/removed or whatever and if you think this will have any positive effects on my VDJ?

The VAIO has VDJ 5.2.1 installed. I don't have an external sound card as I plug this machine directly into a 12 channel mixing desk as it's primary use is karaoke. When running shows, I've got a 750 gig external hard drive hooked up and a cooling pad. A VGA to SVIDEO converter runs off one of my USB's too, so that's three of them taken up. Other than that, the only thing i do is use a windows search behind the scenes and run VDJ up front. My point is that i don't kick the ass out of it. Before I hook up i make sure my wireless is turned off, my AVG has been disabled and all that blah blah blah stuff. The only thing i run is VDJ (and perhaps a showlogo effect or a text effect) and a search box. With no programs open it floats about the 0-5% mark which is fabulous but VDJ boosts it all the way to 20-40. My desktop machine runs videos no bother at about 10-20% with less than 30 processes going in the background...although in fairness my desktop has a designated video card which i suppose could be the issue.

Anyway, please let me know. As usual, any advise greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys...and keep spinnin'...(",)

P

Inviato Wed 15 Apr 09 @ 8:29 pm
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Inviato Thu 16 Apr 09 @ 12:42 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Cheers Koz...neat thread...(",)

P

Inviato Thu 16 Apr 09 @ 6:23 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)