Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: cdj-400 and mac vdj - only one output driver

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi there.
I have some cdj-400's and my mate has VDJ pro on his mac, so we've been trying to set them up together on his computer... I'm thinking of buying VDJ for my mac (for the 400's) but i wanna test them first.
Anyway, we've set the midi channels to 1 and 2 on the decks, and when we select the cdj-400 as the remote in VDJ settings, we get sound output fine, and the name shows on the screen, but whenever we press a button the the cdj VDJ crashes... i've seen this problem on the forums, so we decided to set them up using general MIDI. this works fine, but we can only get sound coming through one deck (though we have midi functions for both).
so when we go into the sound setup, we have these options:

INPUTS - none
OUTPUTS - external mixer
SOUND CARDS - 2 sound cards (is this correct?)
DRIVER 1 - pioneer cdj-400
DRIVER 2 - pioneer cdj-400 (however, its here where the problem lays, as only one deck shows up, not both)

So i dunno what to do? in the midi control settings in apple utilities it shows both devices, just not in VDJ.
Any tips?? i'm reall keen to sus it out as i like the looks of CDJ over traktor and stuff.
Cheers

Inviato Thu 14 May 09 @ 6:54 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Completely wild stab in the dark - I don't have a CDJ-400 (and I only use a Mac for Mac plugin development) but does it show up as a single card with multiple outputs instead?

Inviato Fri 15 May 09 @ 5:40 am
jaygabsPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I believe I read on the forums that VDJ currently only supports the use of one CDJ400, so you'd have to use time code CDs. Hopefully it will be fixed in VDJ 6.

Inviato Fri 15 May 09 @ 5:12 pm
I guess the cdj-400 don't work with mac....strictly pc for now? hmmmm

Inviato Wed 20 May 09 @ 5:17 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E06-5EZsKk check this out, its a tutorial, explain alot, and it REALLY helpful. pass it on to anyone who needs help setting up PIONEER CDJ 400 with VDJ on mac, and there are links for PC

Cheers

Inviato Mon 13 Jul 09 @ 11:41 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)