Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: slow track loading

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

hey everyone,

im having an issue that randomly when i load a track its starts loading slow. my mp3s are loaded on my internal drive. today when this happend i hooked up my external drive that has videos and those loaded faster. they are around 200 megs in size.

if i restart the pc thia goes away. has any one experienced this before? i did a defrag same results.

i have a dual core 5.2.1 cue

Inviato Sat 16 May 09 @ 1:30 pm
Yeah I did How many gigs of mem do you have that could play a big part virtual mem is very important. I had a computer with 1 gig or ram and it couldn't load 512mb of mem. If anything check your specs to make sure your computer can handle this program. I know that Vista is a program hog (if your running vista) You might have to up grade your computer. Worst case buy a new one. DJ DRE

Inviato Sat 16 May 09 @ 3:54 pm
this use to work... just started. is there a way that my data base file is getting full? the xml file meaning

Inviato Sat 16 May 09 @ 4:26 pm
Well it use to work I am sure its you physical memory you might have to put all or most of your data on your external hard drive. (MUSIC ESPECIALLY) I have over 40,000 songs non of which is on my computer I have it stored on an external. Try to also clean up useless downloads also I am sure you have big programs loaded that you may not be using anymore videos or something in that nature.Go to your start menu and click computer or my computer it should tell you how much free space you have if its close to being full that is your problem.

Inviato Sat 16 May 09 @ 7:13 pm
What are you using to mix? I used to have this problem- I use the Hercules RMX. I installed the latest Hercules RMX driver from their website and it fixed the problem. Good luck

Inviato Sat 18 Jul 09 @ 2:50 pm
try sliding the performance tab to the left a little and see if that helps. worked for me.

Inviato Wed 22 Jul 09 @ 3:04 pm
Because the problem is random, it's going to be difficult to nail it down, but I've got a few things for you to check on...

Keep a close eye on your CPU meter and see if an increase on the meter before you load the track corresponds to the slow loading problem. If so, there is some other process taking CPU resources from VDJ at that moment.

The registry tool might help also...You can find that here. Once you've downloaded it, you don't install it, just run. Click the fast load box, close the tool, then test again.

Another possibility is that the HDD is being accessed by another process or program while you are loading the track. If you run other programs with VDJ, try shutting them down and see if the results are the same.

Is your internal drive getting full?

Inviato Wed 22 Jul 09 @ 10:41 pm
Just out of interest, do you ever load video tracks?

I've noticed myself if I'm playing audio only fine.
Load a video all quick and fine.
Play more videos fine.
If I go back to just audio all loading slows down until I disable video in config.

Disable video, everything speeds up again.

I already have fast load enabled.

Maybe the VDJ team can shed some light on my issue but it may also help you out too.

Ross

Inviato Thu 23 Jul 09 @ 4:57 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Ross, what's your CPU utilisation before a slow loading track, and whats the utilisation during the loading?

Inviato Thu 23 Jul 09 @ 1:01 pm
Caught one:

I was playing along nicely till I loaded a Promo Only PowerSet video in player 2. It loaded maybe 1% and halted. I unloaded it and moved it to player 1 no problem.

Then I moved it back to player 2 no load. I grabbed another song (smaller size) and loaded to deck 2 and it loaded up fine. I then put the PowerSet song again on player 2 and no load. Hmmm I thought loading the smaller song would clear the buffers. It didn't work.

This is a PowerSet song from Promo Only. It's big, here are the stats.

FileSize=239593476
File will be read with Video decoder
VIDEO: mpeg2video, 512x288
Audio: pcm_s16be, 1500 kbps, 48000 Hz, stereo

A lot of other videos are set to the same specs. Difference being the file size.

I had a Michael Jackson Thriller video start slow loading but I haven't been able to reproduce the problem.

When I reboot VDJ I'm able to load this song in players 1&2 with no problem. I can't reproduce the issue yet.

Should I switch to an MP4 format ?

Thanks,

JimL

Inviato Fri 24 Jul 09 @ 2:26 am
Scott I'll reply to this after the weekend.
I'm on my Mac just now but will be using the video rig on Friday all day and will try remember to take note of this at the time.
It's a weird one.

Ross

Inviato Mon 27 Jul 09 @ 11:29 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
No problem :)

Inviato Mon 27 Jul 09 @ 12:39 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)