Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Importing Database from One Computer to Another

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hello all. Which is the best way to import the vdj database from a computer running vdj 4.x to one running vdj5.x? FYI, the music one one has a different drive letter (F:) than the other (I:). Thanks.

Inviato Thu 21 May 09 @ 7:15 pm
put both drives on your target PC and start VDJ

once loaded, minimise VDJ

move your music (if youve not done that already)

come back to VDJ and use the left part of the browser to find the place where your music has moved to...

Do LEFT CLICK > ADD TO DATABASE
this will scan and see files that are same as from the old drive, and normally keeps the bpm, track info, etc..

Dont move the database file from the old drive until youve done all the steps.

There might be another way of doing thiis, but this always work for me.

Inviato Thu 21 May 09 @ 7:23 pm
DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Let me add a bit more information. The 4.x computer is a desktop and has an internal drive with the music (Drive F:). The 5.x computer is a laptop. I use an external drive to store the music that is to play on the laptop (Drive I:). I want the 4.x database on the 5.x laptop so that I don't have to analyze each song again. I'm not sure how moving the music, which is already on the external drive, will help. Sorry if I am not understanding.

Inviato Fri 22 May 09 @ 2:45 am
marksmolinski wrote :
put both drives on your target PC and start VDJ

once loaded, minimise VDJ

move your music (if youve not done that already)

come back to VDJ and use the left part of the browser to find the place where your music has moved to...

Do LEFT CLICK > ADD TO DATABASE
this will scan and see files that are same as from the old drive, and normally keeps the bpm, track info, etc..

Dont move the database file from the old drive until youve done all the steps.

There might be another way of doing thiis, but this always work for me.

Didn't work for me, I got around it by using copy and paste direct within the XML files. Then Check, Clean, Fix the database.

P.S. Incidently, this was when moving ver 6.0.1 Video & mp3 Databases from 2 different locations, Video on C:\ and mp3 on external mains powered 500gb USB 3 1/2" Hard Drive to one of the new breed external USB powered 500gb 2 1/2" Hard Drive.

Inviato Thu 30 Jul 09 @ 6:30 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)