Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Lost info

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

skell11PRO InfinityMember since 2006
recently i had a pc crash, I reloaded the program but realized I was using 5.2.1 and upgraded to 6.0. I dont mind the newer version but how do I restore all my old song tags, start points etc from the old data base. I know this is probably a lame question BUT ...

Please help

Scott

Inviato Tue 14 Jul 09 @ 5:58 pm
Did you have a backup? If not, your info is probably gone for good IF you had to do a complete reinstall of your entire HDD (not sure what you meant when you said "crash"). Did you move your files?

Inviato Tue 14 Jul 09 @ 6:04 pm
skell11PRO InfinityMember since 2006
yes files got moved and I think I am able to retreive the info from a restored folder I just dont know how to link them with the newer version I installed. Does that make sense?

Inviato Tue 14 Jul 09 @ 6:10 pm
The quickest way to try is to open VDJ, go into the configure, browser and click fix. VDJ 6 creates a new database but will import from the VDJ 5 db. It's a start.

Inviato Tue 14 Jul 09 @ 7:17 pm
As long as 6.x can "find" a 5.x xml database, it should import and update it. If your music was on an external drive, it's already in the root of that drive. Otherwise, check your restore folder for a file named VirtualDJ Database v5.xml. This is the file that contains the track information, and it would have been originally located in your "documents>VirtualDJ" folder if your tracks were all on an internal drive.

Inviato Tue 14 Jul 09 @ 10:40 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)