Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Headphone query

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

SL777Home userMember since 2009
Ok i am using a the trial version of virtual DJ and would like some advice please.

I wish to be able to hear a preview of the mix before i begin to fade it in through the headphones but as my sound card is intergrated through the motherboard it will only let me split the output between left and right channels and i want to be able to have a dedicated headphone output as you would in a traditional turntable setup.

I guess i need a dedicated sound card, or interface and as i am only intending to use this program at home for my own amusment i would prefer the cheapest possible option, i would be gratefull if you can help me find the cheapest sollution.

Inviato Thu 30 Jul 09 @ 4:35 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

If you really want the cheapest option then something like this would do you. Config VirtualDJ to use your internal soundcard for your main output, then the cheap USB card for your pre-listening.

You could always spend a little more and get something like a Creative soundblaster card. You can pick them up for about £25

Inviato Thu 30 Jul 09 @ 4:56 am
Thanks for the reply Jimmy, is there any extra benefit from getting the more expensive soundcard?

Inviato Thu 30 Jul 09 @ 5:43 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Well you are getting better sound quality, but if you are just using VirtualDJ at home then it doesn't really matter. I myself would go for something like the Creative, but that's just me ;)

Inviato Thu 30 Jul 09 @ 5:57 am
Thanks Jimmy, this stuff is all new to an old guy like me and I appreciate you taking time out to help an old scouser out.

Inviato Thu 30 Jul 09 @ 6:58 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)