Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Crossfader Mimic

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

With VDJ running, how do I make the crossfader on the screen (laptop) mimic the crossfader on my mixer? Is there a setting for this?

Problem: When I record, although external sound is "mixed," recorded sound (using VDJ's record feature) is not...you can hear me cueing.

My setup:
Denon decks DN-S5000, Denon Mixer DNX1500, ESI u46DJ X-Sound Card, Windows Vista on my laptop

Thanks in advance.

DJ Pitufo

Inviato Fri 04 Sep 09 @ 8:34 pm
FuskitPRO InfinityMember since 2009
the way I do it is I have an RCA - 3.5 mm (or whatever your mic in plug is on your laptop) cable. I have XLR cables running to my amp so I just use the RCA-3.5mm cable, hook it to my RCA master outs on my mixer, plug it into my laptop, and set VDJ to record from line in. that way, anything that comes out of my mixer/speakers is what is recorded.

Michael

P.S. I am using the C3USB mixer. not sure how yours is.

Inviato Sat 05 Sep 09 @ 2:41 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
As above, you need to use a line in to record with that setup.

If you want to control the internal mixer functions (crossfader being one of them) you will need a MIDI capable mixer.

Inviato Tue 08 Sep 09 @ 6:21 pm
Thanks for the responses. I hooked it up RCA from the mixer (Master Out) to 3.5mm mic jack (In) on my laptop, pressed record (in VDJ-Line IN) and it worked! I'm not sure if you guys get the same issue, but when I playback what I record, there's a sound in the beginning of each track (like a walkie-talkie sounds like in between speaking - like a click). Any idea how to eliminate that?

I thought about editing the 'noise' out with editing software, but I don't have any. :-( I used to have Sound Forge back in the day, and it worked great for me...I could "Normalize" a track once finished editing, edit tracks, insert drops, use the reverse feature to clean up 'dirty' words, etc. I downloaded a trial version of the 'new' Sound Forge Pro 10 but it doesn't let you do much without forking up $374.95 to purchase. You guys know of a software, perhaps, that I could purchase at a more reasonable rate or download that can support my editing needs?

Thanks again!!!

DJ Pitufo

Inviato Wed 09 Sep 09 @ 1:45 pm
Audacity is free and works pretty well. also, the sound could be caused by your mic settings on your computer. remember, basically your computer is reading your mixer like its a microphone. I know I have forgotten to adjust the "mic volume" on my computer a few times for mixes, turned my mixer up pretty loud, and when I played back my mix it was distorted. check your settings, mainly mic volume and mic boost and see if that helps any when you mess with those. but again, Audacity is a good freeware audio editor.

Michael

Inviato Wed 09 Sep 09 @ 1:57 pm
I just visited their web site (Audacity) - do I want to download the Beta or Stable version of the program?

Inviato Wed 09 Sep 09 @ 8:01 pm
I would go with the stable version.

Michael

Inviato Thu 10 Sep 09 @ 2:46 am
Fuskit/SBDJ,

THANKS FOR THE HELP on this one! I'm well on my way now. :-) Now to get started recording my mixes...

Thanks again!

DJ Pitufo

Inviato Thu 10 Sep 09 @ 9:41 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)