Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Macbook White and Zalman ZM-RSSC problem

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

hi guys. im just starting out to dj and i thought of buying a hercules console mp3 for my mac. it was great! working as i expected.. but as soon as i thought of going for a monitor in dj-ing, i saw this external soundcard called the Zalman ZM-RSSC.

Now i tried doing what the others in the forums said. Putting the Sampling Rate from 48khz to 44.1khz. But the problem is. whenever i go to the audio settings page. it wont go down to 41khz although i saw in a website featuring zalman products that this thing can go down to 44.1khz. so it outputs a veery distorted sound. i cant barely hear what im listening to...

any suggestions on what i can do? thanks in advance.

Inviato Thu 17 Sep 09 @ 7:10 pm
I'm mostly just guessing here, but maybe this helps...

I don't think the problem is related to sample rate.

Zalman's website doesn't say anything about Mac support, so my guess that it's not compatible. That being said, Mac OS X is able to use any non-compatible USB-soundcard, but ONLY as single-channel stereo device.

My guess is based on the same exact experices that I had with other device. Before I got my Edirol FA-66, I tested my friends ESI U46DJ on my MacBook. The device isn't Mac-compatible, but it worked fine as a single-channel output on iTunes etc. But when I tried to set up a multi-channel configuration on Virtual DJ, all I got was distorted noise.

Inviato Fri 18 Sep 09 @ 3:41 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)