Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules RMX and Speakers

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

DJPAPHPRO InfinityMember since 2009
hello,

I have joined the VDJ family after buying a Hercules RMX console and Im looking for someone who can help me with speakers setup.

I have 2 Omnitronic 400w speakers, their model number is, DX-1022 and im wondering how i can connect these speakers to the RMX. Im kinda noob on the connections, but from a bit of research i think they have speak-on connections. So how can i connect these? Do i need an amplifier? or can they connect directly to the RMX?

please help

thanks!

heres an image of the speaker

Inviato Sat 19 Sep 09 @ 6:39 pm
DJ azenPRO InfinityMember since 2008
yessss you need an amplifier try looking for one with 1/4 or rca inputs (the outputs in the rmx are 1/4 and rca)and speakon outputs, otherwise you need to get adapters.

Inviato Sat 19 Sep 09 @ 7:54 pm
does a mixer do the same job as an amplifier?

Inviato Sat 19 Sep 09 @ 8:16 pm
DJmgaPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Not unless it's a powered mixer! A pasisve mixer (not powered) will only let you mix and alter a channel's tone (such as high/mid/bass frequencies) and possibly add various effects, etc. A powered mixer will have an amp build in, so can also amplify the output.

Inviato Sat 19 Sep 09 @ 9:34 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
go to your local maplins store, you will get a decent 1000w amplifier and mixer to get you going at a reasonable price.

Inviato Mon 21 Sep 09 @ 6:45 am
thanks guys for the help.

went to maplins they didnt have what i wanted so i resorted to ebay.

bought:

1. SKYTEC PA-1000 1600W DJ POWER AMPLIFIER (this amp has the specs: 2 x 500 W Max at 8 Ohm, my speakers are 8Ohm)
2. 2x 2M-6.35MM 6.3MM 1/4" MONO TO PLUG JACK (to connect from RMX to amp)
3. 2x SPEAKON SPEAKON SPEAKER LEAD (connect amp to speakers)

thats right isnt it?

Inviato Mon 21 Sep 09 @ 10:08 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Nooooo000000hhhhhh.... kidding

you want to consider getting a four channel mixer or bigger so you can hook your rmx through, 2 channels for your rmx and the other two for back up etc, just in case the lappy goes down the pan.

you ok for your connections ?

and welcome to the family by the way...

Inviato Mon 21 Sep 09 @ 1:50 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)